wanted to assemble a new PC.. budget is around 50-55k...

sjinitials

Broken In
i ll use it basically for games , hd movies and music :)shock:guess thats all one can do wit pc:grin: ).....also i already have logitech z5500 so do i realy need a soundcard ...i mean is it worth the bucks spent ....and i have mouse + kb ...prefrences are -- good monitor and decent graphics card..

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:games , hd movies n music

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:ya sure

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:60k

4. Planning to overclock?
A: not realy

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:win 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:1 tb

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:22 or 24 , full hd

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 5

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: ll consult a frd

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: nxt month

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: hm..atleast 2-3 yrs

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: kb + mouse + speakers

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: udaipur ....guess i have no option but to buy from other state ..

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: well i have logitech z5500 speakers ..so do i really need the soundcard ..i mean will it justify the money spent ???....

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Please fill up the questions present in the Thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/128247-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html and post it here.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500k|10500
Motherboard |MSI Z68A-GD55(B3)|8700
RAM |Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL|1600
Graphic Card |MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC|15300
HDD |Seagate 500GB 7200.12|1900
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|900
PSU |Corsair GS600|4000
Case |CM Elite 430|2500
Monitor |Benq G2220HD|7000
UPS |APC 800VA|2800
| Total |55800

Sarath

iDota
^^^Many users have indicated that the 800VA offering by APC is no longer available.
Also being pointed at the costlier sibling with the auto shutdown feature has lead to a lot of confusion. So add "without auto shutdown SW" just for clearing the air. :)

OP fill up the questionnaire, and copy it in the first post by editing it.

OP
S

sjinitials

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:games , hd movies n music

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:ya sure

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:60k

4. Planning to overclock?
A: not realy

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:win 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:1 tb

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:22 or 24 , full hd

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 5

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: ll consult a frd

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: nxt month

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: hm..atleast 2-3 yrs

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: kb + mouse + speakers

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: udaipur ....guess i have no option but to buy from other state ..

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: well i have logitech z5500 speakers ..so do i really need the soundcard ..i mean will it justify the money spent ???....
n thanks cilus for suggestion ...

Cilus

laborare est orare
As per your requirement, Ithink Jaskanwar has given a very good config. Although he has suggested a K series processor along with a Z68 motherboard, which are actually built for overclocking, I think you should stick with it although you're not planning to overclock.
The reason being is down the line 1 year or so, you'll know a lot of things and might be thinking of overclocking to fetch a little extra performance. Overclocking of new Sandybridge K series processors are very easy and they respond very well in overclocking in terms of stability and performance.

Just one suggestion:-
Get the APC 1.1KVA Black UPS @ 4.3K

OP
S

sjinitials

Broken In
hmm ..optical ll do fine ....also i dont mind spending a bit more on monitor ....what r the options for around 13k...???

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500k|10500
Motherboard |MSI Z68A-GD55(B3)|8700
RAM |Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL|1600
Graphic Card |MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC|15300
HDD |Seagate 500GB 7200.12|1900
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|900
PSU |Corsair GS600|4000
Case |CM Elite 430|2500
Monitor |Benq G2220HD|7000
UPS |APC 800VA|2800
| Total |55800

Great config. +1 for it.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
He can consider NZXT Gamma also @2.1k.Bettercable management option than elite430.Its great cabinet at that price.

Top Bottom