Wanted a Thanda Thanda Cool Cool Refrigerator

Status
Not open for further replies.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Am abt to purchase a refrigerator too. Here are a few points to note

1. Godrej is a very gud brand. We are using Godrej. But it is NOT producing stuff now- so beware of the clearance sales and all.

2. Whirlpool, LG and Samsung are very good models.

3. We are about to finalise LG. The LG 281 SM4 model seems a very good buy.

prasad_den

Padawan
LG is an excellent brand.. Godrej is not far behind though..! But whatever brand and model you buy, keep the energy efficiency rating in mind. A 5 star rating is the best.. It consumes less electricity.. Also opt for a double-door frost free model for the same reason..

Reg EE rating, check the following website.. It has all the required info.. It also has the BEE ratings for most models of refrigerators of different brands..
*www.bee-india.nic.in/

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Just a suggestion, don't rely much on salesman's preferences. They are influenced by commissions, incentives and what not. Rely on your friends.

Just to mention my experience, the other day I went for an entry level laptop. I entered a well known shop here and told him my requirements, esp about the tight budget. he showed me a laptop priced at 31K. I explored more options with him and then he showed my another laptop for 29K with very similar config as the 31K. I was so much annoyed that I told him 'Will come next time'. This shows that these guyz don't bother enough for you often. When he knew my requirements in detailed manner, why did he show me the 31K first rather than 29K? Not that I can't get the 31K one, but I feel as if he is after my money rather than finiding me the best deal as per my requirement.

Bottom line: Sales people can sell you any ****. Be smart and don't leave your decisions to these guyz. If you don't know, ask to people who have nothing to gain or lose from it.

nix

dont buy the slim and long types.. buy one which is broad and has 3-4 racks. i would also suggest buying one which has the freezer below the fridge. so you wouldnt have to bend often.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^^ ur buying in Mumbai or aligarh ?

if Aligarh then go to railway road and see all the models and discounts shopkeepers are giving..also be sure to buy near diwali as lots of discounts going then..

regd LG and whirlpool konfusion..take a look at both their models..go to their web sites..keep an eye on TOI ads ....research smthing in mouthshut.com and then decide

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
i am using this from long time. got a 315L model.

*www.samsung.com/in/consumer/detail...ator&subtype=frostfree&model_cd=RT34XVDS1/XTL

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I will suggest a LG.
Purchased 2 years ago & it's great. It's 280L.

It's spacious from inside. It has some cool features like twsist the ice tray for ice cubes, deodriser, cooling via door vents, removable compartments. In addition it's silent and doesn't become warm from sides like other refrigerators.

trigger

Journeyman
Now pls help me on microwave. So far, i have zeroed down Godrej & Elecrolux..

ps: should i create a new thread? :)

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^pehle ye to batao ki fridge konsa liya...aur ye achanak se saari cheeezein kaise kharid rahe ho..shaadi kar lee hai kya :D ..if yes then congrats ...

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Earlier we had a Godrej refrigerator which we used for 20 years! :D It hardly gave us any major trouble. Now since the last 6 years we have an LG double door with the door cooling technology. Works really well and no problems at all. I think you should go for an LG. :)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Earlier we had a Godrej refrigerator which we used for 20 years! :D It hardly gave us any major trouble. Now since the last 6 years we have an LG double door with the door cooling technology. Works really well and no problems at all. I think you should go for an LG. :)

Life's Good :D

S

sgkrish2001

Hi

My personal suggestion not to go for Whirlpool, as i having a bad experience of buying Whirlpool refrigerator for 15 K where the main item refrigerator which is Door that itself problem. The Door Holder is made with just a plastic mould which got broken with is short life and there is no replacement from Whirlpool. Multiple follow-up with whirlpool made but the effort is waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom