want a smart phone within 24K

Mobile_obss

Right off the assembly line
well, i am eager to buy a smartphone within a budget of 24K and immensely confused between
the Galaxy S advance
HTC Sensation
Xperia P.
well, the basic features i am looking for in a camera would be a decent screen size of 4+ inches, camera on both sides, a fast processor, technology that stays for atleast 2 years into the future and the basic good volume, music and no rebooting.
P.S. Samsung S II is out of my league.
any other choices with reasons would be appreciated

plz suggest.
thanks.

techlover

In the zone
i dont know why Galaxy S2 is out ....in my opinion thats a very good buy in the range :)

if u still stand firm on the decision then go for Xperia P :)

HTC Sensation is discontinued :p
Galaxy S Advance is not worth the price u r paying,no news by samsung for ICS update,768mb ram while Xperia P has 1 Gb ...Xperia P has 8mp camera while S advance has just 5mp,better screen resolution for Xperia P

Hope it helped :)

Empirial

Youngling
You can also look at HTC EVO 3D & Motorola Atrix 2. BTW ICS Update for HTC EVO 3D is now available in India : HTC EVO 3D Android 4.0 update starts rolling out in India

OP
M

Mobile_obss

thank you for your replies'

well, i did look into HTC EVO 3D, but the whole 3D concept was not captivating enough.
however i did compare specs of Xperia P and samsung Galaxy SII, well i believe that the specs of both are similar, with Xperia p being released this year (new technology) as compared to SII. please correct me, if i am wrong.
after much thinking, i believe that Galaxy SII is a right option as it is rightly priced...so should i go ahead???

my preferences in a phone still remain the same: dual camera, great battery, good music, good volume level, good processor, good design and technology that does not make my phone obsolete in the next two years.( i hope i am not reaching for the stars with my demands)

your reply will be much appreciated.

techlover

In the zone
Well we had a thread just to discuss whether Galaxy S2 is still a good buy :)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/158138-samsung-galaxy-s2-price-drop.html

in my opinion yes it is :) ...but please don't expect very good sound quality from it :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
however i did compare specs of Xperia P and samsung Galaxy SII, well i believe that the specs of both are similar, with Xperia p being released this year (new technology) as compared to SII. please correct me, if i am wrong.

wrong. Both the processors are same and based on ARM A9. Difference is mainly that STE U8500 is designed for lower power. Also its clocked at 1Ghz as compared to 1.2Ghz for S2. So it draws less power. Another trick employed by them is Mali 400 they used in this SOC is single core (Mali 400 can be grouped upto 4 cores at max). So performance takes a good hit. Most likely its clocked high but that won't help much.

after much thinking, i believe that Galaxy SII is a right option as it is rightly priced...so should i go ahead???

yes if you find it within 26-27k. Don't pay more.

OP
M

Mobile_obss

thank you for your replies'
yes i did purchase the Galaxy Samsung S II, and for a decent price as well, (Rs. 25,200), though i definitely feel the sound quality is definitely poor. anyways..fingers crossed hoping for the best experience ever...
thank you

OP
M

Mobile_obss

well, currently i am over indulgent on the phone however i will be posting pics..at the earliest..though yeah there are some minor defaults in the s2 like the poor sound quality (mentioned earlier) and appearing of red borders very frequently...guess that's an ics update issue which needs to be fixed.

and for those wanting to get the phone at a similar price..well i bought my from sector 18, Noida...its got a sprawling mobile market place....they give you the phone with the warranty and the product quality is unquestionable.

thanks for the wishes....

loving the feel....

aroraanant

Explorer
Well you have already purchased one.Another I would have suggested you this:
Either opt for Sensation or Xperia P for 22k or extend your budget and get Xperia S for around 27k
Anyways congrats for your new mobile.

Top Bottom