Want a new smartphone , short-listed on note 2 and xperia z

somi96

Journeyman
hi people i was just going to buy a smartphone for my dad after my exams. I liked those Note 2 and xperia z . I know that Xperia z is still new and has some nasty issues but its design touched my heart , also its waterproof and dust proof with dragontrail glass up its sleeves. I'm leaning a little bit towards xperia z . So your suggestions are needed as to which phone can i buy if other options are also considerable . I'm also aware that this comparisonwud be incomplete without taking s3 in comparison , but i dont know why it does not have that catchy look of xpensive smartphones. Other suggestions are welcomed. :)

acervenky

Broken In
hi people i was just going to buy a smartphone for my dad after my exams. I liked those Note 2 and xperia z . I know that Xperia z is still new and has some nasty issues but its design touched my heart , also its waterproof and dust proof with dragontrail glass up its sleeves. I'm leaning a little bit towards xperia z . So your suggestions are needed as to which phone can i buy if other options are also considerable . I'm also aware that this comparisonwud be incomplete without taking s3 in comparison , but i dont know why it does not have that catchy look of xpensive smartphones. Other suggestions are welcomed. :)
Without Any Hesitation Go For Xperia Z :doublethumb:

$hadow

Geek in making
If your budget is above 42k wait for one.
If your dad likes big screen and has big fingers I would suggest note2 as I have gifted it to my dad as well. Or still s3 is the best you can buy at about 30k. Or you can consider lumia 920 as a good option for dad. As they normally don't tweek around a phone a lot. And windows 8 is a easy to learn os for any one.

randomuser111

Technomancer
The bad screens are only on demo units. Retail units have high quality screens much better than note 2 .

You can ask coolnikk, he bought Z last week and has seen the bad demo units

Sarath

iDota
I would suggest the Nexus 4 or more preferrably the HTC One, although Xperia Z is also equally good. I just found it too big for my taste.

Don't buy an S3, it is a good phone but looks cheap.

Was really excited about the Xperia Z and apart from the size, I think the phone is absolutely beautiful. If you are looking for a normal <5" phone then also consider the Xperia SP.

Ask your Dads preference, some love the Note but a lot find it too big and cumbersome.

dixit8611

Journeyman
Xperia Z if it do not have following problems.
1 Unbearable heat after heavy usage and camera is failing to start after heat up.
2 Poor screen as pointed out from various reviews.
3 Sudden death issue.
Why take chances ? better to go for HTc one, it has better screen than xz and is not suffering from any such issue. Note 2 is also good.

randomuser111

Technomancer
1 Unbearable heat after heavy usage and camera is failing to start after heat up.
2 Poor screen as pointed out from various reviews.
3 Sudden death issue.
Why take chances ? better to go for HTc one, it has better screen than xz and is not suffering from any such issue. Note 2 is also good.

Lol. Have you used XZ????

1. False. Xperia Z heats up yes but much less than phones like S2,S3, Xperia S etc.

2. Poor screen is only on review and demo units, retail units have screens as good if not better than One

3. An update was issued last week that solved this issue. And this issue affected only the LTE models not the C6602 HSPA+ model sold in India

And of course you wont believe me so just PM coolnikk from this forum who bought Z and was also worried about above issues

dixit8611

Journeyman
Lol. Have you used XZ????

1. False. Xperia Z heats up yes but much less than phones like S2,S3, Xperia S etc.
lol.......have you used s3 ????? Look i am not saying xz still has heating issue but your above statement doesn't make any sense.
Smells like a fanboy trying to troll others without any reason.

acervenky

Broken In
lol.......have you used s3 ????? Look i am not saying xz still has heating issue but your above statement doesn't make any sense.
Xperia Z :flamethrower: Note 2 & S3
Smells Like A Sammy Fanboy.
The 3 Reasons You Mentioned Above Are Already Fixed/Do Not Exist.
But Yes,One Beats XZ If You Don't Want A Waterproof Phone.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Then put it in water, it will act as a coolant and cool it down :))

I have used S2, S3 and X:S extensively. And out of these S2 heated up the most. I mean up to such degree where I couldn't talk while putting the phone on charge. S3 was only a bit less. Can't comment on X:Z though, but going by Sony and Samsung's history I really doubt authenticity of what you said.

OP
S

somi96

Journeyman
Actually my budget is at maximum 38k so one will be out of options. I see XZ wud b a better option and 920 is also a nice one.... i'll wait for two - three months.

Top Bottom