Want a graphic card under 10,000-11,000 to play Battlefield 3... (Urgent)

guru_urug

iGoogle
Those prices you mentioned are severely over-priced. Why dont you order from online? A HD 6770 is available for 7k and is almost as good as the gtx550 ti.

Honestly since your budget is 11k you shouldnt settle for less than a HD 6870.

You havent provided any information about your power-supply. You will need to invest in a good PSU as well if you dont have one already. In that case get the HD 6850.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice gaming performance TP; jut checked it out. But do you think it can keep up with HD 6870 Oced with all the games, mainly the recent ones like BF3, BF2 etc? And other thing is you're a pro in overclocking; 1000 MHz in HD 6850 with overvolt is not a matter of joke.

Can't do a BF3/BF2 benchmark even though I have those game installed as these games don't has any benchmark tools which can run a time demo like thing for benchmark.

So for a casual gamer with little OC knowledge, my suggestion will be sticking with the Twin Frozr II version of HD 6870. It has very limited factory overclock (920 MHz over the stock 900 MHz) but can be pushed to 950/970 MHz due to the good cooling. That's why I've suggested that one over a GTX 560. At 11.25K you're getting a product that can challenge a 13K/13.5K product, appealing isn't it?

More shader will offer better performance for sure but HD6870 Twin Frozr II costs some ~14k on theitwares and the only cheap HD6870 I found was from sapphire - priced around ~11.4k.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
a) Almost all GTX 560 cards will hit 900MHz. Getting at least 70MHz out of it is a guarantee (Exception: Some cheaper brands like Palit, you will know when you see the tiny cooler on those cards). With better cooling, you get even more OC. Considering this, if you are a person who wants to OC, GTX 560 is the better choice.

b) I think the HIS card at techshop.in is better than the Twin Frozr II given the price:

*techshop.in/store/6870-iceq-gddr5-...card-buy-online-india-p-7573.html?cPath=320_4

Same clocks as MSI, but possibly a better cooler. Guru3D reviewed the TurboX version of this card with core at 975MHz stock, and they hit 1030MHz. This card will probably do 950MHz easily and it's quite cheap.

Thus, the NVIDIA alternative: *techshop.in/store/evga-geforce-ddr...card-buy-online-india-p-8463.html?cPath=320_4 (It's also a bit costly at 12.4K but you are essentially getting GTX 560 Ti performance!)

This EVGA clock will clock 950MHz easily if this report is to be believed:

*www.legitreviews.com/article/1617/15/

At this time it does appear the GTX 560 OCs more than the 6870. But GF104/114 was always made to have flexible clocks. However, with AMD there are more factory OC cards out there, so if you don't want to OC yourself, get an OCed 6870 if you can find one. Otherwise GTX 560 would be better value (IMO of course).

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
*techshop.in/store/6870-iceq-g...ml?cPath=320_4

Thanks for the link. The card does have better cooler than Twin Frozer II and can be oced to 1000 MHz without any problem and the price is also in sub 12K range. Planning to get one for my bro.

guru_urug

iGoogle
Planning to get one for my bro.
Hey bro ;)

BTW how is HIS with RMA in India? Their iceQ models have got awesome reviews, and overclocks considering the limited OC of the 6870.

OT:
read abt this card today.
Afox AF6850-1024D5S1 : Single-Slot Graphics: Whose Card Is Fastest?

commendable achievement by Afox. This would be an awesome single slot HTPC card with no 6 pin power

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Thanks for the link. The card does have better cooler than Twin Frozer II and can be oced to 1000 MHz without any problem and the price is also in sub 12K range. Planning to get one for my bro.

A different model is available on flipkart for 11.2K: It's the IceQ version but with stock clocks (no OC).

Flipkart: HIS AMD Radeon HD 6870 GPU (1024 GDDR5): Graphics Card

AFAIK HIS RMA is handled by Tirupati, but I may be wrong. I have never dealt with Tirupati so I cannot comment on how the service is.

What I can say is that HIS makes very high quality cards, I would recommend those cards any day.

A_ashish_A

Journeyman
Hi krishna,
Welcome to TDF. Firstly buddy pls structure your question properly and give complete details about PSU and the resolution you game at. Also refrain from using "....."
Anyway back to your query.

The HD6450 is a HTPC card at best and not meant for serious gaming. It would be terrible in games like BF3. I'd say for BF3 you need a HD4670 atleast to play on low settings that too at low resolutions.
You need a good PSU to use a graphic card which needs external power.

My advice is sell the card and PSU you have currently and add whatever cash u can to your budget.

Heres what you can do,

Option one:
Get FSP SAGA II 500W for 2.2k + AMD HD 6790 for 8.2k (Both available @ theitwares.com)
Total:10.4k

Option two:
Get FSP SAGA II 500W for 2.2k + AMD HD 6850 for 9.35k (Both available @ theitwares.com)
Total:11.55k
(If you can spend 12k get the MSi HD6850 cyclone OC edition)

Option three:
Get Tagan Stonerock 500W for 3k + AMD HD 6870 for 10.4k
Total:13.4k

Consider option 2 atleast if you have a HD monitor.

guru_urugi m interested to get option3 but can u plz guide me where i can buy AMD HD 6870 for 10.4k. i searched @ Theitwares but didnt found AMD HD 6870 for 10.4k anywhere:( plzzzzzzzz help.

guru_urug

iGoogle
I havent mentioned any link next to the 6870. I have heard of the HD6870 being sold for that less in shops at Lamington though. Sorry for the misunderstanding :)

Ive edited my previous post.

EDIT:
costtocost.in has the HD6870 listed at 10.1k though its without VAT. It should still be available for less than 11k

Last edited:
OP
K

Krishna

Broken In
hey frnds.
Thanx for ur suggestion but the retailer i am contacting is telling me that the price of nvidia 550ti is 10,818 rs. he is saying that the cost on the internet is not as same as that of Product. he is not negotiating the prices too. And i have asked for a final estimate of a psu(i am not sure but its 600watt) and a gtx 550ti card and he told me dat its total "14,668 rs." i am blown away what to do frnds?
Please do suggest.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ I don't understand why you are opting for Nvidia GTS 550 Ti. Also the price quoted is very very high, ditch the dealer first. Go with either HD 6850 or HD 6870. The Nvidia options include GTX 560 (non Ti). All of them will be available at sub 11K price.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
hey frnds.
Thanx for ur suggestion but the retailer i am contacting is telling me that the price of nvidia 550ti is 10,818 rs. he is saying that the cost on the internet is not as same as that of Product. he is not negotiating the prices too. And i have asked for a final estimate of a psu(i am not sure but its 600watt) and a gtx 550ti card and he told me dat its total "14,668 rs." i am blown away what to do frnds?
Please do suggest.

Listen to me, ditch this dealer. The internet prices are fair but there are some cheats working as dealers who want to make maximum profit from their business. They will say lies like how the internet price does not includes taxes and all, don't believe any of it.

You want graphics card with power supply in about 10-11K? Tell you what, get it from flipkart, it is easily the most reliable online shop in India. I've had over 50 orders, not a problem with any one of them. You can pay cash on delivery too.

Flipkart: HIS AMD Radeon HD 6770 GPU (1024 GDDR5): Graphics Card

Get this card. Since Flipkart doesn't have power supplies yet, buy the power supply from your retailer or from some other retailer. 600W from an ordinary brand will still power the HD 5770 properly so go ahead. This way you will get them both within 11K approximately.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's 12.3k on SMC ;-)
MSI N560GTX Twin Frozr II/OC

For some cheap alternatives you can go with either palit gtx 560 @ ~ 10.2k or Zotac gtx 560 @ ~11.35k

AcceleratorX

Youngling
@Krishna:

GTX 560 price is a bit variable, but depending on brand, should be between 10.5K and 12.5K.

Palit: 10.5K
Sparkle: 11.8K
Asus: 11.6K
POV: 10.8K
MSI Twin Frozr II: 12.3K
MSI Stock GTX 560: 11.5K
Zotac: 11.6K

These are all approximate prices, actual prices may be cheaper or costlier by up to 500 rupees. My recommendation: Zotac, Asus, MSI. Palit is also a good brand, high quality components but heats up more because it's cooler is small (this will limit your OCing). So go for Palit only if you really want to save some cash.

ashutosh4555

Right off the assembly line
Some one Suggest Me one best graphics Card for my PC

My system Configuration is
ASUS M5A97 EVO
AMD FX8120
8GB 1600 RAM
650Watt PSU
And i Want any graphics crd from thissssssssssssssssssss

GTX 560ti
AMD 7750
AMD 6950
AMD 7770
AMD 5850

Can Any one suggest me, which one is gud 4 me u Can also give me ur suggestion And my Budget is 10K
Plz help Me

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
can you tell me where you are able to find a HD6950, GT560Ti for 10k or less. cause if you have made a list of GPUs, you can spend a minute or two checking its price or maybe a few minutes more checking the sticky threads where it is explained in extremely simple language which GPU is best at a certain price point.

and lastly, avoid posting in others thread.

dibya_kol

In the zone
Re: Some one Suggest Me one best graphics Card for my PC

My system Configuration is
ASUS M5A97 EVO
AMD FX8120
8GB 1600 RAM
650Watt PSU
And i Want any graphics crd from thissssssssssssssssssss

GTX 560ti
AMD 7750
AMD 6950
AMD 7770
AMD 5850

Can Any one suggest me, which one is gud 4 me u Can also give me ur suggestion And my Budget is 10K
Plz help Me

Go for 6850. U won't find 6950 or 560ti under 10k .

Darth Vader

In the zone
^ This.

I've Asus EAH6850 (Rs 9.7k) OCed to HD6870.

HD6850 Overclock nicely and beat any 6870 in the market = PROFIT.

Top Bottom