Want a graphic card under 10,000-11,000 to play Battlefield 3... (Urgent)

Krishna

Broken In
Hello Friends...
I just wanna buy a graphic cards in range of b/w 10,000-11,000 to play battlefield 3 and upcoming heavy games......
My specs are as below...
Intel core i3-530
1.5 TB HDD
6GB Ram (2gb transcend and 4gn Corsair)
Current graphic card is ati radeon 6450 hd
I just wanna know that will my current graphic card make it out with Bf3 Or I will have to buy it(In india) but after Doing google i found out that i have 2 buy a Graphic card.. So plz tell me the model no. of graphic card and its costs in indian Currency so that i can plzy BF3 Smoothly on py PC. And plz also tell me d FPS of my current graphic card, while playing BF3 and d FPS of New Graphic card also Dat u r describing me.... Plz frnds i want d answers Urgently so plz tell me Frnds its urgent.... and also if u will also tell me a good PSU to max Out with D game with that card..

I would be thankful to u all 4 ur Kindness.

guru_urug

iGoogle
Hi krishna,
Welcome to TDF. Firstly buddy pls structure your question properly and give complete details about PSU and the resolution you game at. Also refrain from using "....."
Anyway back to your query.

The HD6450 is a HTPC card at best and not meant for serious gaming. It would be terrible in games like BF3. I'd say for BF3 you need a HD4670 atleast to play on low settings that too at low resolutions.
You need a good PSU to use a graphic card which needs external power.

My advice is sell the card and PSU you have currently and add whatever cash u can to your budget.

Heres what you can do,

Option one:
Get FSP SAGA II 500W for 2.2k + AMD HD 6790 for 8.2k (Both available @ theitwares.com)
Total:10.4k

Option two:
Get FSP SAGA II 500W for 2.2k + AMD HD 6850 for 9.35k (Both available @ theitwares.com)
Total:11.55k
(If you can spend 12k get the MSi HD6850 cyclone OC edition)

Option three:
Get Tagan Stonerock 500W for 3k + AMD HD 6870 for 11.4k
Total:14.4k

Consider option 2 atleast if you have a HD monitor.

Last edited:

vizkid2005

In the zone
+1 fr option 2 ... Its the best u can get in ur budget ..
. If u already hav a gud psu(bettr than the one suggested above) ... then get the 6870 with the xtra cash ... Invest in a gud PSU always b4 buyin additionl Hardware ...

Sent from my GT-I5500L using Tapatalk

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - At what screen resolution you will play games ??

Going with option 2 by guru_urug makes more sense but if you have a good quality PSU then you can consider getting HD6870 @ 11.3k ;-)

To get an idea about how much FPS you will get with different card in BF3 folow this link ;-)
Battlefield 3 Performance: 30+ Graphics Cards, Benchmarked : Battlefield 3 Reinvigorates PC Gaming

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Get the FSP Saga II 500 w and a 6850 from wherever you can get it chaepest from your city....

You won't regret it......

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got the price of sapphire 6870 @ 12500 .. yesterday .... (am blown)

get it from here at Rs 11,750 ;-)
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!SAPPHIRE 100314-2SR Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

AcceleratorX

Youngling
IMO, for Battlefield 3 GeForce GTX 560 is the way to go, though HD 6870 is also quite good (both are equivalent and one is slightly better depending on whose reviews you read). If a new PSU is required, go instead for the new GTX 460 V2 card from Palit - it is better than the HD 6850 except if you get an OC version of the 6850.

[Source: Battlefield 3 Performance Analysis | bit-tech.net

GTX 460 V2 performance is based on performance estimates from disabling 64 bits of memory and 8 ROPs on GTX 560 and keeping the same clocks. The performance of 192-bit/24 ROP GTX 560 is 90% of normal GTX 560, while GTX 460 V2 has 96% of this core clock at 779MHz. That makes it 86% of the performance of the GTX 560, while an HD 6850 is about 80% the performance. Thus, GTX 460 V2 is better at all resolutions than HD 6850 on average at least upto 1080p].

coolgame

Journeyman
read this.it makes it quite clear that the 560 is the winner for the price.and the zotac card is not hot.if u have decent ventilation in ur case,then that is enough.i have seen a zotac card running cool before.according to this review the card does beat the 6870 in major dx11 titles
AnandTech - NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 560: The Top To Bottom Factory Overclock
AnandTech - NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 560: The Top To Bottom Factory Overclock
GeForce GTX 560 from EVGA, Gigabyte and MSI - X-bit labs

here is a quote from anandtech's review: conlusion
As has been the case with most of the GTX 500 series and Radeon HD 6000 series launches, when the cards are close, it’s only close on average. In this case the GTX 560 Mid is similar in performance to the Radeon HD 6870 on average, but this is because the two are constantly swapping for first place, and the difference between the two is quite dramatic at times. On average the GTX 560 Mid is ahead of the 6870 by just enough to justify its $200 price tag relative to the 6870’s price, but the final choice is still heavily game dependent. Just because the GTX 560 Mid performs $20 better doesn’t make it the better card if you’re going to be playing games like Crysis or STALKER, where the 6870 has a definite lead. But if it’s going to be games like Civilization V or HAWX, then the GTX 560 Mid is the clearcut winner.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
what if one wants to play all types of games mentioned on the reviews ( many gamers like to play different kinds on games ) - which one they should get then.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
^Like I said, on some games GTX 560 is better, on other games HD 6870 is better. Go with whichever card you find cheaper, but GTX 560s are available as low as 10.8K (Point of View, Palit) compared to HD 6870 which start at about 11.2K (HIS).

Between these 2 cards it really is a tie. However, the GTX 460 V2 is faster than HD 6850 for the most part (not by much though), so take that over the 6850 if you find you need a PSU.

Cilus

laborare est orare
if I'm not mistaken then HD 6870 Twin Frozer II/OC is available in itwares @ 11.25K. This card is better than GTX 560 stock and offers superior cooling to a alreadly cool card. Another thing is due to its good clloing design it can be overclocked further with lower power consumption than GTX 560. I guess you guys know that if a HD 6870 is overclocked to 970 MHz or higher then it performs on the same level of a GTX 560 Ti.

So my vote goes to HD 6870 Twin Frozer II/OC

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ even if a HD6850 is OCed it can perform neck to neck with HD6870 OCed at the same speed - check my 1Ghz OC thread - there's game benchmarks on the second page - check out the scores there ;-)

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ even if a HD6850 is OCed it can perform neck to neck with HD6870 OCed at the same speed - check my 1Ghz OC thread - there's game benchmarks on the second page - check out the scores there ;-)

Nice gaming performance TP; jut checked it out. But do you think it can keep up with HD 6870 Oced with all the games, mainly the recent ones like BF3, BF2 etc? And other thing is you're a pro in overclocking; 1000 MHz in HD 6850 with overvolt is not a matter of joke.
So for a casual gamer with little OC knowledge, my suggestion will be sticking with the Twin Frozr II version of HD 6870. It has very limited factory overclock (920 MHz over the stock 900 MHz) but can be pushed to 950/970 MHz due to the good cooling. That's why I've suggested that one over a GTX 560. At 11.25K you're getting a product that can challenge a 13K/13.5K product, appealing isn't it?

OP
K

Krishna

Broken In
No dude.
I was searching for the reviews on the google but found nthing (found but confused a lot)
Thanx all of u for ur suggestions and tell me one thing that i have asked a reatailer in varanasi,U.P he said me dat the price of nvidia gtx 550 1 GB DDR5 is 10,818 and that of ati radeon 6670 1 GB DDR5 128 bit is 8485/-. i am confused a lot and what should i go for? As you have asked My reolution is 1600*900 and i usually play games at this only and i just wanna have a graphic card to play the most recent games like BF3 and MW3 Need for speed RUN etc. and one more thing plz tell me dat 550 and 550ti is same or is dere a difference? and should i go for 560 or 560ti?
plzz reply as soon as possible.

Top Bottom