Wanna Buy Android...Plz Help!!!

abhilashthobias

Journeyman
Hey guys am plannin 2 buy an android fon .not sure which one.But am stuck between these
Motorola Milestone XT720
Motorola Milestone
HTC Desire

I cannot find any good reviews about xt720 even though itz a gud fon.can any of u guys help me out

Hrithan2020

In the zone
HTC Desire by far among the options you have listed. XT720 doesn't perform all that well in the camera department considering its spec.

noobdroid

Broken In
I would suggest Optimus one, HTC desire seems to be good but I feel it is over priced.

There are many good android phone in price bracket of 11-15k

1] Optimus one [personal favorite]
2] Samsung Galaxy3
3] Samsung Galaxy5 [have personally used it and its fab]
4] Spice MI-300 [Feature rich in 10k]

Many more but these four I really look upto.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ but OP didn't mention his budget. but considering he did mentioned Milestone which cost 22-23k, so a few options in that range should be considered. Samsung GS being a top choice.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Well, I was assuming that OP had done his bit of reasearch (in the terms of what his budget is, his choices in that budget, the phones in the budget he doesn't like because of a particular reason)...So, between those choice, definitely HTC Desire.

I also, feel HTC Desire might be a bit overpriced (well, most HTC phones are), esp. when compared to Galaxy S..

But, considering OP's budget, I think OP should not go for anything below Dell XCD 35 (I don't know about its availability, also haven't heard about user experiences of this Indian variation of ZTE Blade aka Orange San Fransisco, which had received some really good reviews, in that range)..

It would be really helpful, if OP could tell what he is looking for in the phone..
IMO, if you are looking primarily for an Android phone with a v.good camera, you can't go wrong with Xperia x10 (at least, it now has Android 2.1 :D)..

If multimedia capabilities are v.important, in addition to a quite good camera (and if you are looking to buy android, because you love customising), look no further than Samsung Galaxy S.

If you want your phone to work right out-of-the box, without much delays, and a good phone overall, then HTC Desire, is a good option..

I am quite unenthusiastic about the XT720, and the Milestone would be a bad option if you don't use a physical keyboard (which in any case, is not that good. Plus, it adds to the overall size.Not to mention, it has become a bit outdated. But, a really solid phone, esp. if you can get it below Rs 21 k )..

OP
A

abhilashthobias

Journeyman
am really not intersted in either samsung, LG or Dell.
so I think the only options that i hav r the milestones nd the desire.
my budget is max 25k.
so if anyone can tel me the xact price of desire in delhi region.

some things that i hav heard about desire is that its battery sucks. that is it does not last even a day. if its true den i think its quite useless as a phone nd when i see my friends HTC SMART i think the rumours are quite true.it SMART does not last even close to 1 day.
plz guys help me out coz i really like HTC as a brand but battery is somthing i really need.
and does desire does HD recording.
i basically the fon to be somthing of everything,i.e, good in multimedia,good nd fast UI,battrery, nd some customizing(not the heavy coding type)

anyone having a desire or milestone xt720 plz help here nd tell me how their phone is

Hrithan2020

In the zone
HTC Desire does HD recording (@24fps); it has everything you need except battery life :O

It'll barely last you one day (I am guessing it has a similar/worse battery life when compared to Galaxy S)..With heavy use, you can even drain it within 12 hours..

I am sure HTC Desire users would be able to give a more detailed(and accurate) description of the battery life. Having said that, I doubt whether Milestone would fare that well. (Its slower processor, is most likely going to help it have a better battery life)..

abhidev

Human Spambot
Yes...the battery life of HTC Desire is pathetic...even m thinking of buying one between Desire and Samsung Galaxy S....but the battery life of Desire is kind of making me hesitant, otherwise its a very good frnd...

Anybody knows abt the battery life of Samsung Galaxy S??

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Battery life of Galaxy S is also pathetic ;)..

Lasts me barely a day..and have been able to get down to 20% after just 6 hrs of use. (But, I strongly suspect, that it was due to some calibration issue, because after that, even with lots of gaming and calls , battery lasted much longer than I expected..).

Anyway, you shouldn't choose Galaxy S over Desire , just because you want better battery life.
(NOTE: I and many other Galaxy S users are running some sort of lagfix or the other, which may be contributing to reducing the battery life further. So, it is possible that Stock Galaxy S gives better battery life. And of course, if you are willing to customize a lot ,you'll be able to eke out much better battery life. For eg, using setcpu to underclock the processor etc..)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Yes...the battery life of HTC Desire is pathetic...even m thinking of buying one between Desire and Samsung Galaxy S....but the battery life of Desire is kind of making me hesitant, otherwise its a very good frnd...

Anybody knows abt the battery life of Samsung Galaxy S??

I guess Nokia N8 battery life is good.....
My frnd also owns the HTC Desire @17k....
in HTC Desire has lots flash effects which will obviously take down the battery...

abhidev

Human Spambot
I guess Nokia N8 battery life is good.....
My frnd also owns the HTC Desire @17k....
in HTC Desire has lots flash effects which will obviously take down the battery...

Dude...i think HTC Desire is not less than 25k....is there another version??

OP
A

abhilashthobias

Journeyman
wel if the desire is so sucking in battery life, then isnt there any sloution 4 that.
regarding xt720 i heard it goes more than a day or even close to 2.
if that is true then i guess that is a definite plus point for the xt .alomost everything else is same with desire.
the reviews in the gsmarena and phonearena definitely suggest that milestone is better than desire(regarding screen resolution) and scores better in cpu than the GS.(check gsmarena) even after having a slower processor.
or is there any other android in this category available in india in this budget.

calin out 2 all desire and xt 720 owners.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
No way, is milestone going to get better cpu scores than GS (Galaxy S?..Of course, in some other benchmarks, like I/O where the stock GS sucks, it could overtake..)

But, HTC Desire (which out of the box, doesn't come with any such issues) would be all over the milestone in all benchmarks.

Another thing to ponder is that the earlier HTC Desires were AMOLED (with a pentile sub-pixel arrangement) which led to reduced sharpness. But, the Indian one comes with S-LCD which if you compare with Milestone would make a difference of just 54 pixels;
I assure you that it is not going to feel much of a difference. (Again, you'll have to try out both the phones)

Go for Milestone if you want, because it is much cheaper, but going for xt 720 makes no sense to me (of course, if the price is reduced considerably, then no issues), considering that on a similar budget you can get HTC Desire.

Regarding the battery life, I'd love to hear from XT 720 as well as HTC Desire owners.
(Point to note: There are people getting 2-3 days battery life even in Galaxy S. So, it all depends on your use and the amount of customisations you have done, to improve the battery life)

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
If multimedia capabilities are v.important, in addition to a quite good camera (and if you are looking to buy android, because you love customizing), look no further than Samsung Galaxy S.

If you want your phone to work right out-of-the box, without much delays, and a good phone overall, then HTC Desire, is a good option..
This.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
@abhidev,
But, except for Nexus One, and the upcoming smartphones, I'd be surprised Gingerbread would be released for any of the phones you are considering anytime soon..

(But, because Nexus S is similar in hardware to Galaxy S, it is likely that an unofficial one ,hopefully a stable one would be released soon. :)) HTC Desire also might get one.. I don't know about xt720 though..)

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@abhidev,
But, except for Nexus One, and the upcoming smartphones, I'd be surprised Gingerbread would be released for any of the phones you are considering anytime soon..

(But, because Nexus S is similar in hardware to Galaxy S, it is likely that an unofficial one ,hopefully a stable one would be released soon. :)) HTC Desire also might get one.. I don't know about xt720 though..)
I have inside news that Gingerbread for Galaxy S will be "Officially" available by Jan-Feb 2011..

Hrithan2020

In the zone
I have inside news that Gingerbread for Galaxy S will be "Officially" available by Jan-Feb 2011..

Really!!!! That sounds too good to be true..(Officially Froyo was supposed to be released in Sep 2010, if I remember correctly)
But, the good thing is if Samsung starts working on Gingerbread, and some of the firmware gets leaked, then a custom tweaked Gingerbread ROM won't be too far in the offing :))

On the other hand, if Samsung does release Gingerbread so soon, would Samsung have enough time to add touchwiz overlay over it. (I'd love to have everything stock android except for camera settings,notifications(brightness slider) bar, and possibly the music player)..

Top Bottom