Wallpaper Resolution Convertor

mati17

All Prez to The Almighty
Hi Forum !

I just purchased HP Mini 110 (mini laptop)
Its screen resolution is 1024 X 600 pixels. I have wallpapers having dimensions 1024 X 768
How can I make wallpapers fit or convert to 1024 X 600 size so that they looks better at my mini laptop's desktop.

Please any suggestions...???

Thanks,

Matin

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah choose the stretch option for the wallpaper. If you really want to resize then you can resize using paint as suggested by neuron.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am surprised by the suggestions here to use MS-Paint to Change the Resolution of any wallpaper!! :(
I think you guys mean Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

Following nims11 method is the easiest solution. BUT, it can make your wallpapers look stretched.

For a perfect solution, you might have to crop the photos by removing 84 pixels ((768-600)/2) from both top and bottom of the image. After that your wallpapers would be exactly of the resolution of 1024 x 600.

gameranand

Living to Play
vineet369 said:
I am surprised by the suggestions here to use MS-Paint to Change the Resolution of any wallpaper!!
I think you guys mean Microsoft Office Picture Manager.
Well MS paint can also be used for that on win 7 AFAIK. But you need to crop some part as the ratio is maintained in any software so any solution will involve cropping the wallpaper or stretching.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
use VSO Image Resizer ie Light Image Resizer ;-)
VSO Image Resizer, Resize Pictures, Image Converter, Photo Resizer

nims11

BIOS Terminator
use VSO Image Resizer ie Light Image Resizer ;-)
VSO Image Resizer, Resize Pictures, Image Converter, Photo Resizer

i have used this a couple of year ago. it doesnt resize the image according to the both the height and width given by user. it takes one of the attribute and resizes it maintaining the previous aspect ratio of the image.
maybe i didnt use it correctly but this is what i remmeber.

gameranand

Living to Play
nims11 said:
i have used this a couple of year ago. it doesnt resize the image according to the both the height and width given by user. it takes one of the attribute and resizes it maintaining the previous aspect ratio of the image.
maybe i didnt use it correctly but this is what i remember.
Well actually most re-sizers work this way. How can you resize a image from 600 pixel to 768 or vice versa without stretching it. And if you have to stretch then why resize just set the background property to stretch. Why take this pain.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
maybe i didnt use it correctly but this is what i remmeber.

Try out the latest version -

In the Option tab ( after selecting a image )

From the drop down menu select Desktop Resolution and remove the Remove the check mark from " Keep Aspect Ratio" option - now you'll able to resize the image with your desired resolution ;-)

Top Bottom