Wake Up! India's Ranking on HWBOT.org is too low!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunder.02dragon

Journeyman
Hi Guys I am creating this thread as because I feel real bad when I see my India's rank on HWBOT.org - Worldwide Overclocking League.

India is ranked 50th, with 1702.2 points and 79 participating overclockers. Country ranking - India

India's current position is only 50th among 135 other countries!! d_b What guys?? We are 100 Cores and more than 1L people are power users in here still only 79 Overclockers registered there? And just look at the scores all are too Low...

Except
1. 416.20 thebanik
2. 334.10 Harsh al
3. 184.10 Raja
4. 104.00 RoBoGhOsT
5. 95.20 pr@$r1g
6. 56.90 Toolius
8. 38.30 Amey
9. 34.80 trijesh313
10. 30.20 KiD0M4N

These guys are great and all are doing their part. So why can't others?

Wake up guys!! You should be ashamed of India's performance in this never ending League. We all have our Gears to fight in this battle and we are quite capable enough at this moment to get India to at least top 10 position.

Post your views and also I will request mods to make it Sticky.

All members now don't just read posts and comment and bla bla bla!!

Post there in HWBOT.org and make India proud show world what we are!! I am doing my part so you all should do your part!!

There are many teams in HWBOT.org be a part of them and Rock! My team is Exodus there!! I might seem noobie but thats all I wanted to say!! Bhabnao ko samjho...words me kya likka hai!! :p

It's Fun, competitive, satisfactory, destructive, full of frustration, knowledgeable, and sometimes rewards are also there. (Many company rewards the OCers as you all know and there are championships on OCing too guys!!)

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
dude. why are you worried about ranking in funny timepass overclocking business when our country ranks among the best in semiconductor R&D. Period!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
and this comment really tickled ..:

Post there in HWBOT.org and make India proud show world what we are!! I am doing my part so you all should do your part!!

Grow up buddy. nobody gives a damn and it won't even make it to the farthest corner of a daily news paper.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd love to overclock but after I get a good machine which will be in July.

If you want a separate overclocking section, I'm ready to make one. ;)

Not everyone can try out liquid nitrogen overclocking.

OP
thunder.02dragon

thunder.02dragon

Journeyman
@desibond
All my intension is to promote the overclocking community and make awareness.
You are right!! There will not be any Newspaper report true but Us Overclockers do really care for such that? Specially in India?
No!!
Even if one gets top position he will be treated as nobody.. LOL

I think you are too much into getting famous and thats what you care...

Otherthoughts:
More Overclockers means more championships, more compnay will be keen on them,

Already in india there are 3-4 Overclocking Championships is happening. Do you know about that buddy? Have you checked the Prize money!!?? The Goodies they get?

Isn't it great to get a free hardware that you love most?

This thread is not for guys who yawn at it!! You grow up guys, stay away from this thread!!

In other forums our Champion - thebanik already said for us it's hard to be top as LN2 is not yet popular etcetc

But why not give these try once..who has the buck! Who know someday one of us might get the crown as banik..

Its all in the mind and how you takke it!! If you don't like the thread better not posting here mate!!

@ico

If you mods can do promoting this it be great!! Make sticky!! Create section... will be great!! There are others threads in here as well, move them.
Do as you want!!
You are the mod :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ico

If you mods can do promoting this it be great!! Make sticky!! Create section... will be great!! There are others threads in here as well, move them.
Do as you want!!
Already done that and moved few threads which I could find. :)

OP
thunder.02dragon

thunder.02dragon

Journeyman
@ico

Great!! Thanks man!

@ico

Add the 3DMark threads, Super PI, Overcloking threads too..

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/community-discussions/121310-post-your-3dmark-results-here.html

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclocking-modding-show-off/121070-overclock-list-discussion-thread.html

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I would love to overclock as well but i am restricted by my mobo's capability. If i get a good overclocking rig in future, then i will surely post my results in that site.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ yup correct but i will be moving out soon buddy. Changing my mobo won't matter as well.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
As said on TE:
I didn't bother to comment there but since you're posting on certain other forums, its time to burst some bubbles. Here's something to wake you up and tempt you to smell some coffee (or a bad whipped cream).

Out of the "1 lakh" power users, 80-85% person are self proclaimed junkies with high level of arrogance and intelligence equivalent to a roadkill, whereas about 5% are people who have the potential but just not doing it right or maybe they lack time/resources and space, 0.1%- 0.5% of that number is technically a publicity stunt to lure people in for brands AND dealers in exchange for free hardware, whereas others are really not interested to brag themselves as one because its just lame. According to you and a lot of people, the meaning of "power user" is limited to overclocking- that's it. Feeling the pride now??

People who end up being fragbait call themselves as gamers/gaming experts. People who don't even see layout, dimensions, specs, compatibility issue, etc and even went to the length of misquoting senior (by knowledge and experience) call themselves as experts...and power users. If we're going to use words like "100 crore population" "power users" "shame" and "pride", then one should first start by questioning themselves if they're really power users. Don't get me wrong, but people used almost same set of words for gaming as well. I have huge amount of respects to people who want to be power users compared to people who pose themselves as one. Give it a day or 2 and such blokes will end up being a centrefold poster boy .

@ Sorcy

You are right..Not I am a power user in other forum I explained this sort of already.... :p
I just wanted to create a awareness and some scores in hwbot :p

Rest all words are applicable to me also ( :( ) so but we can change right?
I am not a power user so here's my take.

Few of those blokes in that Top #5 HWBot India doesn't even consider themselves as power users yet because they know the real meaning of power users.

Few of these "power users" used the wrong set of screws to mount TRUE120E and fell on 4850- blaming the heatsink.

Few of these blokes don't know the benifit/cons of push-pull, bolt through and enourmous heatsinks.

Few of those power users don't know the difference in thread count/thickness of the same heatsink kit comparing AMD bolt throughs with Intel secure kits

Few of these power users use one philosophy: If it fits, it has to work.

Few of these power users don't know what is Driver ICs, Mosfets, voltage regulators, etc. (and I still have a hell of a lot to still learn about this).

Few of those "power users" don't even know that technically whatever chokes came on boards were all iron chokes, even before they were "advertised".

Few of those power users don't know the difference between inductors and phase.

Few of those power users don't know the difference between thermal pads, thermal paste and paraffin wax.

Few of these power users use fan controller and thermal sensor 5.25 inch bay- but only connect the power and become happy with LED lights.

Few of these power users brag locally because they know they're surrounded by people who don't know the facts.

Few of those power users don't know that depending on the layout the fins on the ripjaws could touch D14- or a very small amount of space left- still its recommended.

Few of those power users put up fancy pics and screenshots of CPU-Z which only proves you were able to boot it with that speed, not necessarily stable- but claim to be one by saying that its benched.

These "power users" would end up being massacred and embarassed if they go for competitions in the international level. Forget overclocking, most of the people don't even know the basics. BTW, the points above? These points came during the conversation with multiple people personally and online- and most of these people are not power users and not associated with forums (but they know what kind of exotic words certain folks use). One guy is telling to 1 manufacturer that the hardware scene in India is still sad and says to another manufacturer of the similar hardware says the opposite. First learn the basics as in individual before deeming it as a "Dent" as a "national pride". Its just plain wrong. Just because you spend a lot of money on hardware or give advices to countless people doesn't make you a power user either.

Some people call me a troll because there are times I end up correcting the person multiple times on multiple forums. Not my problem if they can't understand the facts. All of a sudden, such people got their own troll team so I limit my comments. I am telling you because I know you since the chip days and I dont need to remind you dude-that the cake is a lie!!!11 Those people whom you deem as power users- most of them are not even half-way close despite the "Stuff" they do- and they do it just to become famous. In reality, most of these power users are mature guys, dating back to the 70s when they used to stash memory sticks and smaller ADD-On cards in those bulky CRT screens when they import stuff.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Thunder Dragon:
Great initiative must say, but it could have been worded in a more subtle paradigm. India is a developing nation and having a personal system at home is not a factor to be taken for granted. Extrapolating, procuring an enthusiast system is a phenomena for most house holds, and LN2 is equivalent to 'not possible'. How can we expect us (India) to be in the top heap for such parametric scores. You know what hardware is required to even seed an start in these leagues. I am an OC'er, but hell no, can I compete in those arenas. Why. Just cannot afford. Monetary wise and/or time wise. It just takes too much resource and fitment change of ones character. Priorities are different in this part of the world. On the flip-side the most TDF can do is (or is doing) to have a dedicated OC section where we can advice users how to OC and the pros/cons of the same. Changes are happening, and believe me they are, but the rate at which you desire is not justified. Sorry to say, will take a while.

What more can I say to the group here. OC safe, once burnt, no return.

I would love to overclock as well but i am restricted by my mobo's capability. If i get a good overclocking rig in future, then i will surely post my results in that site.

Believe me. The day you start to OC, it is so addictive. Gosh, have killed so many of my sleeping hours just to get that extra 100Mhz increment. You know I have a Q9550, but still retain the E7400. Safety.
:)

Sorcerer:
Nice explanation about 'power users'. Makes a lot of sense.

Few of those power users put up fancy pics and screenshots of CPU-Z which only proves you were able to boot it with that speed, not necessarily stable- but claim to be one by saying that its benched.

Seen this happening a lot. It is quite irritating and amusing at the same time.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ thunder - though I appropriate your your thoughts it's not possible for me to compete right now :

I've great enthusiasm about OC but I fall under this category :

5% are people who have the potential but just not doing it right or maybe they lack time/resources and space
- from sorcy's post.

But someday I might put up my scores there when I feel I'm eligible enough - for the time being I'm more interested in helping those who wants know about OC and wants to really do some OC.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know who you are talking about. :))

J

Joker

As said on TE:

I am not a power user so here's my take.

Few of those blokes in that Top #5 HWBot India doesn't even consider themselves as power users yet because they know the real meaning of power users.

Few of these "power users" used the wrong set of screws to mount TRUE120E and fell on 4850- blaming the heatsink.

Few of these blokes don't know the benifit/cons of push-pull, bolt through and enourmous heatsinks.

Few of those power users don't know the difference in thread count/thickness of the same heatsink kit comparing AMD bolt throughs with Intel secure kits

Few of these power users use one philosophy: If it fits, it has to work.

Few of these power users don't know what is Driver ICs, Mosfets, voltage regulators, etc. (and I still have a hell of a lot to still learn about this).

Few of those "power users" don't even know that technically whatever chokes came on boards were all iron chokes, even before they were "advertised".

Few of those power users don't know the difference between inductors and phase.

Few of those power users don't know the difference between thermal pads, thermal paste and paraffin wax.

Few of these power users use fan controller and thermal sensor 5.25 inch bay- but only connect the power and become happy with LED lights.

Few of these power users brag locally because they know they're surrounded by people who don't know the facts.

Few of those power users don't know that depending on the layout the fins on the ripjaws could touch D14- or a very small amount of space left- still its recommended.

These "power users" would end up being massacred and embarassed if they go for competitions in the international level. Forget overclocking, most of the people don't even know the basics. BTW, the points above? These points came during the conversation with multiple people personally and online- and most of these people are not power users and not associated with forums (but they know what kind of exotic words certain folks use). One guy is telling to 1 manufacturer that the hardware scene in India is still sad and says to another manufacturer of the similar hardware says the opposite. First learn the basics as in individual before deeming it as a "Dent" as a "national pride". Its just plain wrong. Just because you spend a lot of money on hardware or give advices to countless people doesn't make you a power user either.

Some people call me a troll because there are times I end up correcting the person multiple times on multiple forums. Not my problem if they can't understand the facts. All of a sudden, such people got their own troll team so I limit my comments. I am telling you because I know you since the chip days and I dont need to remind you dude-that the cake is a lie!!!11 Those people whom you deem as power users- most of them are not even half-way close despite the "Stuff" they do- and they do it just to become famous. In reality, most of these power users are mature guys, dating back to the 70s when they used to stash memory sticks and smaller ADD-On cards in those bulky CRT screens when they import stuff.
all right..we all know this.

the OP started the thread with a noble sentiment - doesnt deserve any bashing...and i support him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom