'waiting for broadband' chapter is over :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
May be some senior members out here remember my site and problem ! For others - I was waiting for broadband for a long time.

Anyway I am very happy to tell you I got broadband just now.

Thank you very much for all the support given by you so far.

I am closing down the website as the 'waiting for broadband' chapter is over.

Once again, Thank you all.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Haha.. Din, finally... So now you plan to pull down the site "dedicated" to BSNL??? :D Or let it run for those "waiting" souls (like you were! ;) )??

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
LOL, yes, I am closing down the site. But I will continue helping others - my experience will sure help !!

Contacting various officials starting from exchange to Union Minister - Cabinet ! Then joining and reading lot of RTI stuff. May be useful for someone.

Now, going to figure out how to setup net in other PC etc. I think there is a tutorial by you ? Will check it now

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
hey din CONGRATS

i have applied for BSNL BB at my hometown aligarh (UP) from May06 and deposited 1320 /- but those bas*ards keep on saying "IT will come next month ..it will come next month :x :x :x ................

There is no private operator there ..so cant choose anyone ..

u suggest what to do now except waiting ??

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
To be exact - 476 days, 16 hours, 1 minutes, and 39 seconds

LOL, just kidding, but the timeframe is correct.

I applied in 2006 July 28 and got connection today

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@esumitkumar

I was in the same condition. No other private ISP :( I was/am using TATA/ Reliance / BSNL - all CDMA, not broadband.

In your case, you need to find where the problem is. I mean whether there is infrastructure for broadband is there already, or they are delaying connection for no reason etc.

Mostly the top officials of BSNL are very friendly and professional and will sure help us (from my experience) in these kinda matters. Atleast they will tell you explain what is the problem, when (probable date) you will get broadband, whether there is any other alternatives etc.

Contact the higher authorities (start from just above the tel exchange, like Commercial office) and I am sure you will get more info and they wil ltell you what the problem is.

Good Luck, keep us updated.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@Din
My tutorial is on Wireless. Choto's tutorial is for wired connections. Do check it out.

Keep up the good work of helping others out :)

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Congratulations. I am very happy for you. I have a small request, please do not take down your site. Archive it in its present form and keep it for download on your new site. It will serve as a reminder for the service providers and their clients. I do hope you continue your good work. Wishing you all the best

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@infra_red_dude

Thank you, sure I will do

I am planning to go for a wireless router. You still recommend Lynksis ?

Howz Netgear ? Good one ? Also, should I go for router or router + modem ? BSNL modem is SIEMENS C2110.

Last edited:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
^ i'll get 25 Mbps free unlimited wireless BB in bangalore in 5 years.. (Wi-Max)

For all the bangloreans literally

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@Din
I'm unaware of BSNL wireless routers' capability. Kindly post the details so that we can analyse the pros and cons of it.

If buying a separate router, I suggest you get one with built-in USB so that you can share printers/storage etc. That way you can fully utilitze the wifi network. Specially useful in office environments. However if the PCs are far apart then get a wired connection for better speed.

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
No, I meant buying a seperate wireless router.

So I was thinking whether to buy an ADSL modem + Router (as BSNL allow us to buy our own modem, so that there wil lnot be rent) or buy wireless router alone as I have modem from BSNL (it is on rental basis now).

That is what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Oh you already haf the modem? Then buy a router.

Dinkar, I suggest you continue this in a separate thread with relevant title. You may get more inputs. As for this thread, post the URL of the "BSNL grievness site"; so that other "troubled souls" can get to know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom