Status
Not open for further replies.

x3060

A LOTR fan
now thats a bit harsh . . i bet your parents have never done that to you . . learn from your parents is what i want to say . . they are the best teachers.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
now thats a bit harsh . . i bet your parents have never done that to you . . learn from your parents is what i want to say . . they are the best teachers.

My parents (specifically my mom) would beat the crap out of me when I did something wrong. Unlike my cousin brother who got pampered by his parents and always got what he wanted and he never even got a scolding for doing anything wrong. Today he treats his parents like sh1t (which they know) while I still respect my parents and do what they tell me to. Beating your kids builds up their character so they grow up to be just like me, FLAWLESS.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

what if the child is not ready to learn from his parents?? Leave him like that and let him spoil his life and take peace away from his parents life??

life31

Journeyman
Lol its not cruelity.... I infact has created a lot of publcity to the Pugs. That little puq has created a great deed in making the pugs popular or superior.

Lol earlier that Pug used to cost just 5k to 6k but now if you try to find out it costs more or less 25k to 50k.

Lol think think 25k for that dog ???

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
check these:

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc2hnupC_6E
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MbzKnB-XkY&feature=related

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Lol its not cruelity.... I infact has created a lot of publcity to the Pugs. That little puq has created a great deed in making the pugs popular or superior.

Lol earlier that Pug used to cost just 5k to 6k but now if you try to find out it costs more or less 25k to 50k.

Lol think think 25k for that dog ???

LOL so many Lol! :p

Hrithan2020

In the zone
if there is any one non-vegetarian out here showing their sympathy to dogs and cows..., I accuse him of trying to get cheap publicity and wielding pathetic double standards.

It is not only about being a vegetarian.U must at least make sure that the animals arent ill-treated whilst they are alive.Anyway,i dont eat cows or dogs.So if I show sympathy to cows or dogs,would that make me a hypocrite?

It is pathetic what is done in the name or religion & god.It's time we stopped such inhumane acts.(inanimane or whatever):)

PS: I agree that some of the celebrities in PETA campaigns may not be vegetarians,but what they are doing is not for their benefit(ie publicity);at least they help make people aware of PETA and its aims.Its ok as long as they dont say "dont eat animals" in their campaigns,but eat animals themselves.

Last edited:

DizitalNovice

I don't want IT
@Hrithan2020
Do you mean to say that animals should not be treated badly while they are alive but can be slaughtered so that some non vegetarian could enjoy its meat. Pathetic I say! So you don't eat cows or dogs and that's y they should be treated in a good way but SINCE you EAT "*DEAD goats or Chickens*" we should not care about them? WOW!
Basically what you mean to say is the same as what I regarded as double standards in the first place.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
@DizitalNovice
Wow,u managed to twist my words quite well.What i meant to say was "at least" it should be made sure that they are not treated badly when alive.I dont eat dead goats or chicken either by the way; only eggs, milk & fish,now. I meant to ask whether it would make me a hypocrite if I sympathise with animals even if i'm a non-vegetarian.So,u r saying that only vegetarians should care about animals.Others shouldnt as they are non-vegeatarians.So if I see someone mistreating animals,i should not interfere bcoz that would make me a hypocrite?

DizitalNovice

I don't want IT
I don't understand non vegetarians sympathizing with animals. If I am a killer and I see someone else beating up a man will I sympathize with him or just think about how lean he is towards the man being beaten. How can I think beating is harsh when I don't think before killing. And... here I am talking about killing, just think if I consume the one I kill... oh man!

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I don't understand non vegetarians sympathizing with animals. If I am a killer and I see someone else beating up a man will I sympathize with him or just think about how lean he is towards the man being beaten. How can I think beating is harsh when I don't think before killing. And... here I am talking about killing, just think if I consume the one I kill... oh man!
This is for all those hypocrite vegetarians who think that not eating meat makes them any less of a murderer than a non-vegetarian. Well guess what, you are wrong! Here's a little post from Maddox's website The Best Page In The Universe for you're reading pleasure:

*www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=grill

Guiltless grill? Is there another kind?

I was looking over a menu in a restaurant the other day when I saw a section for vegetarians; I thought to myself "boy, I sure am glad that I'm not a meat-hating fascist" and I skipped on to the steak section (because I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $15 for an alfalfa sandwich, slice of cucumber and a scoop of cold cottage cheese), but before I turned the page something caught my eye. The heading of the vegetarian section was titled "Guiltless Grill," not because there were menu items with fewer calories and cholesterol (since there were "healthy" chicken dishes discriminated against in this section), but because none of the items used animal products. Think about that phrase for a second. What exactly does "guiltless grill" imply? So I'm supposed to feel guilty now if I eat meat? Screw you.

What pisses me off so much about this phrase is the sheer narrow-mindedness of these stuck up vegetarian *******s. You think you're saving the world by eating a tofu-burger and sticking to a diet of grains and berries? Well here's something that not many vegetarians know (or care to acknowledge): every year millions of animals are killed by wheat and soy bean combines during harvesting season. Oh yeah, go on and on for hours about how all of us meat eaters are going to hell for having a steak, but conveniently ignore the fact that each year millions of mice, rabbits, snakes, skunks, possums, squirrels, gophers and rats are ruthlessly murdered as a direct result of YOUR dieting habits. What's that? I'm sorry, I don't hear any more elitist banter from you pompous cocks. Could it be because your **** has been RUINED?

That's right: the gloves have come off. The vegetarian response to this embarrassing fact is "well, at least we're not killing intentionally." So let me get this straight; not only are animals ruthlessly being murdered as a direct result of your diet, but you're not even using the meat of the animals YOU kill? At least we're eating the animals we kill (and although we also contribute to the slaughter of animals during grain harvesting, keep in mind that we're not the ones with a moral qualm about it), not just leaving them to rot in a field somewhere. That makes you just as morally repugnant than any meat-eater any day. Not only that, but you're killing free-roaming animals, not animals that were raised for feed. Their bodies get mangled in the combine's machinery, bones crushed, and you have the audacity to point fingers at the meat industry for humanely punching a spike through a cow's neck? If you think that tofu burgers come at no cost to animals or the environment, guess again.

To even suggest that your meal is some how "guiltless" is absurd. The defense "at least we're not killing intentionally" is bull**** anyway. How is it not intentional if you KNOW that millions of animals die every year in combines during harvest? You expect me to believe that you somehow unintentionally pay money to buy products that support farmers that use combines to harvest their fields? Even if it was somehow unintentional, so what? That suddenly makes you innocent? I guess we should let drunk drivers off the hook too since they don't kill intentionally either, right? There's no way out of this one. The only option left for you dip****s is to buy some land, plant and pick your own crops. Impractical? Yeah, well, so is your stupid diet.

Even if combines aren't used to harvest your food, you think that buying fruits and vegetables (organic or otherwise) is any better? How do you think they get rid of bugs that eat crops in large fields? You think they just put up signs and ask parasites to politely go somewhere else? Actually, I wouldn't put that suggestion past you hippies. One of the methods they use to get rid of pests is to introduce a high level of predators for each particular prey, which wreaks all sorts of havoc on the natural balance of predator/prey populations--causing who knows what kind of damage to the environment. Oops, did I just expose you moral-elitists for being frauds? Damndest thing.

A number of people have pointed out that the amount of grain grown to feed animals for slaughter every year is greater than the amount of grain grown for humans. So I guess the amount of grain grown for human consumption suddenly becomes negligible and we can conveniently ignore the fact that animals are still ruthlessly murdered either way because of your diet, right? Not to mention that the majority of grain grown for livestock is tough as rocks, coarse, and so low-grade that it's only fit for animal consumption in the first place. Spare me the "you could feed 500 people with the grain used to feed one cow" line of ****; it's not the same grain. Then there are the people who jump on the bandwagon with "you could plant billions of potatoes on the land used for cows"--good point, except for the fact that not every plot of land is equally fertile; you think farmers always have a choice on what they do with their land? Also, many vegetarians don't know (or care to acknowledge) that in many parts of the United States they have "control hunts" in which hunting permits are passed out whenever there is a pest problem (the pest here is deer, elk and antelope) that threatens wheat, soy, vegetable and other crops; this happens several times per year. Then some of you throw out claims that "we are trying to limit the suffering." How about you limit MY suffering and shut the hell up about your stupid diet for a change; nobody cares. Even if the number of animals that die in combine deaths every year isn't in the millions, even if it's just one, are you suggesting that the life of one baby rabbit isn't worth saving? Are you placing a value on life? Enjoy your tofu, murderers.

Sources:
TIME Magazine, July 15 2002, Pg. 56

Steven Davis, professor of animal science at Oregon State University (at least one study has shown that simply mowing an alfalfa field caused a 50% reduction in the gray-tailed vole population): full article

Least Harm Principle suggests that Humans should eat beef not vegan., first published in the Proceedings of Third Congress of the European Society for Agricultural and Food Ethics, 2001

This is what PETA had to say about it:

To: maddox@xmission.com
Subject: response requested

Thank you for contacting PETA about animals killed during grain harvesting.
While it is true that animals are killed during harvesting, there is a lot
more to this story than meets the eye. First, we, and animals rights
advocates in general, are primarily concerned with preventing the suffering
of living animals. While millions of animals are killed each year in the
harvesting process, millions of animals suffer EVERY DAY in the meat
industry. BILLIONS of animals are tortured and slaughtered for food every
year in the United States alone. All of these animals being raised for meat
eat grain. In fact, they consume more than half of all of the grain produced
in this country. If the population of the United States were vegetarian, we
would actually require LESS grain, and thereby kill fewer animals during
harvesting. When you eat meat, not only are you contributing to the
suffering of the farmed animals, but you are also contributing to the
majority of the animals killed during harvesting.

If you have a moment, I'd like to know in which restaurant you saw this
"Guiltless Grill" menu section. Thanks again for your message. We appreciate
the opportunity to discuss this important issue.

Sincerely,

Cliff Kaminsky
PETA Correspondent

And Maddox's response to that mail:

*Note: I have never contacted PETA. Someone sent my guiltless grill article to them and PETA decided to contact me instead.

PETA stands for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Let's ignore for a moment that their name implies there exists a universal set of ethics, and instead let's focus on the meat of this email: PETA is "primarily concerned with preventing the suffering of living animals." Oh really? As opposed to preventing the suffering of dead animals? Good thing they clarified because I was confused and couldn't infer that when they said "animals" they didn't mean dead animals. Glad we have that cleared up, let's move on.

So what exactly constitutes as "prevention" of animal suffering? The moral vegetarians (not the ones who do it for religious or health reasons) love to chant "we're trying to limit the suffering." What the hell does that mean? If you eat wheat or soy, you're not limiting anything. Unless you plant, grow and pick your own crops, you're not doing everything you can to "limit" the suffering. You know deep down that you could help limit a whole lot more suffering, but you've chosen not to. You've chosen not to because your lifestyle is too convenient, and you'd have to give up too much, but nevermind that--you have a conscience to feel good about, and you can't let a little thing like millions of violent deaths of field animals get in the way of your moral trip.

Limit the suffering? That's like me saying I'm going to eat meat only 364 out of 365 days of the year in an effort to "limit" the suffering, I'm doing my part to prevent suffering. "BUT MADDOX, YOU COULD LIMIT A LOT MORE SUFFERING BY NOT EATING MEAT AT ALL!!!1" Exactly, and vegetarians could limit a lot more suffering by planting their own crops, but where do you draw the line? You claim to have compassion for animals, but just as soon as it gets too inconvenient you decide to call it quits? Cowards. You're no better off; not in my book. A murderer who kills 10 people is no better off than a murderer who kills 20 if the murder is avoidable. Of course, from the perspective of a suggestible young vegetarian I'm sure being responsible for half as many murders as the next guy means you're off the hook, right?

I keep getting email from moral vegetarians saying "HEY MADOX WE FEED MORE GRAIN TO ANIMALS AND IF YOU EAT THE ANIMALS YOU ARE KILLING TWICE AS MUCH." No ****? The only difference is that I'm not protesting at street corners about other peoples' diets--I'm not the one with a mission to prevent "the suffering of living animals." This email I received, and many like it is the whole reason I wrote the article in the first place. My opinions are kept to myself on my personal web page. I don't remember asking anyone to read a damn thing on my website. When you open up your inbox, you don't find it full of my opinions, and if you do I didn't send them to you. I'm not standing on the street corners protesting, I'm not putting fliers on your car and I'm not putting ads on TV and in magazines. I'm not shoving my agenda down your throat, don't shove your agenda down mine. All you dumbass activists need to get bent already.

Fun with facts: vegetarians love to boast outrageous figures like "it takes 5,000 gallons of water to produce one pound of beef and only 20 gallons to produce one pound of wheat." I've heard figures ranging from 2,000 to 5,000, and vegetarians will be damned if they include a source so we'll take the mean (that means "average") and go with 3,500. The average person consumes 1.5 million gallons of water every year (it takes water to grow and produce the food you eat in addition to the water you drink, quit emailing me you morons). Why isn't PETA protesting overpopulation of humans on the street corners? Why isn't PETA passing out free condoms or throwing javelins in your cock when you walk down the street if they really cared about water consumption? It's not like that water just suddenly disappears. The earth has had about the same amount of water for 2 billion years. So if a pound of beef takes 3,500 gallons of water, what difference does it make? How many vegetarians drive a car? To make a car (including tires), it takes about 40,000 gallons of fresh water. That's not including the gas it takes to run the car, the electricity to run the gas station, the water used to create the boat that brought your precious oil, the water used to create the pavement you drive on, the destruction of toxic chemicals that went into creating your clothes, and the electricity you use every day to send me stupid emails over the internet. Every year you are directly responsible for the consumption of billions of gallons of water. There are 26 million people suffering preventable brain damage from iodine deficiency, and another 1.5 billion people at risk. Nevermind that, you have animals to save. By driving your cars, you pump billions of tons of poison into the atmosphere and you're slowly killing us all. The computer you use requires 250 watts of electricity, let alone the billions of computers required to keep you on the internet. All consuming energy. All contributing to pollution. Let's just ignore those minor hypocrisies. Someone wants to enjoy a burger and you'll be damned if you're going to let them.

What makes you think that animals suffer in slaughter houses anyway? I think it would rule to be raised for slaughter. Get all the free steroids you want, free meals and plenty of good company--hell, you have it made. Then when you're at the prime of your life, you get your head generously chopped off so you don't have to live through the suffering of old age. Not only that, but you can die with the satisfaction of knowing that somebody is going to enjoy eating a burger made out of you. What's more humane? Being slaughtered for meat or having to spend 8 hours a day, 40 hours per week in a cubicle for the rest of your life with *******s who listen to ****ty music without headphones, then retiring and withering away with old age and cancer as your obnoxious kids grow up and treat you like ****? Slaughter please.

DizitalNovice

I don't want IT
This is the exact response I was waiting for. Non vegetarians will simply invent hundreds of means to defend themselves. i don't give a bloody damn to what that idiot has to say and neither to the crap called PETA. Its not about how animals are killed during harvest but how gross is the thought of eating dead animals. Well, I invite Mr. Krazzy (How Apt A Name), to please go and pick the dead bodies of the mice, rabbits, snakes, skunks, possums, squirrels, gophers and rats, which are ruthlessly murdered as a direct result of OUR dieting habits. That way YOU would be using the dead animals as well as reducing our guilt of killing the animals for our fu**ing dietary habits.
Someone talking about killing Bloody Parasites. Fu**ing stop killing all the sh** mosquitoes, lice and all other fu**ing insects. Let them parade all over our houses and take over the bloody world. Because, since vegetarians don't kill animals to eat, they can't fu**ing kill all these parasites. WOW I say. What a dalil? Man I should meet the man and fu**ing beat the holy sh*t out of him! How I wish I could do so?
This maddox or whatever I suppose should be slaughtered for me. That way he'll also now that someone atleast ONE is going to enjoy the sight! What's MORE HUMANE? THIS IS!
If you think I should be banned for using this language wait for a few days and let this topic grow...
@Threadstarter
Sorry for Hijacking your thread

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
You have no fcuking right to call us murderers since you're one of us anyway. I have no need to defend what I do. I don't go around stuffing meat down people's throat. It's you hypocrite vegetarians who cry out loud how grouse is eating meat and how cruel it is to kill animals for it when you yourself wear leather belts and shoes. Where do you think leather comes from anyway? You find the thought of us eating meat repulsive but you don't mind it when they kill these animals and strip off their skins to make fancy leather shoes and belts for you. You don't find that repulsive. Bloody hypocrites!

karmanya

Journeyman
a. everyone calm down
b. stfu, the topic of vegetarianism vs non-vegetarianism has been discussed here a ****load of times and each thread always disintegrates into a string of utterly useless crap.

legolas

Padawan
if not for the cause of hurting animals, its the cause of "science" as to what it has to say that should let people retake their stands.
*www.alternet.org/environment/40639
Of course this is arguable and I am pretty sure many people will start their bantering remarks on me. :)

Also, the other issue is the food we have to provide to say a cow (farm) and the meat we get out of it... Its excessive input to get a less than commendable output.

DizitalNovice

I don't want IT
OK, just to calm things a bit down... I just would like to say that the animals whose leather is stripped, their meat is also consumed. and calling vegetarians hypocrites is again disgusting...Sorry to say, no arguments were replied but only new allegations were made. Before you make new allegations clear the ones on yourself, as I have done.
I commend legolas for bringing this into people's notice.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I don't have to clear any allegations. I don't care whether one animal is killed or a dozen animals are killed. I'm not the one calling others murderers because of what they eat. You are the who started it. You called non-vegetarians murderers when you yourself are one. So what if the animals used for getting leather are eaten? Does that make you, the consumer of that leather, any less responsible for the murder of that animal because someone else ate it?

All you vegetarians see is us non-vegetarians killing the animals for our consumption. But when you are shown the number of animals getting killed because of your lifestyle, you conveniently turn a blind eye towards it and give lame excuses. And then you have the nerve to call us murderers when you are no less yourself. Atleast we accept the fact that we kill these animals and don't hide behind bullsh1t excuses. Each one of us leads a lifestyle that directly or indirectly causes the death of other animals. Whether it's driving cars and polluting the environment or using paper which came as a result of chopping down all those trees. It all results in killing. But that is all ignored. But when someone eats an animal he is labelled a murderer. Why this prejudice against us non-vegetarians?

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Get back to the topic guyz. This thread is not about V Vs NV. Lets talk about the actual issue the thread is meant for.

simply put, these activists have a screwed and pathetic minds...
hardly we get to see something creative.
and I must say, I have always found Hutch(now Vodafone) to be far better than most of the ads. what nice ideas they put into their ads..amazing..and the dog with the girl looks fabulous. though I loved the earlier pair of the dog with the boy more than this...

Offtopic:
Just a point: Being a Non-Veggie doesnt mean we like killing animals. Its just food habit.
and even I think vegetarians are murderers on same analogy..u must know that even Plants,whom u kill brutally to satisfy ur hunger are living creatures, if u ever studied biology...lol...

Roadripper

Journeyman
I like the new ad the song is coool and pug is cute....Vodafone is far better ,...

@offtopic

any one seen teh virgin mobile ad i love it ...awesome...:rolleyes::D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom