Vixta: the Linux that looks like Vista!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalam

In the zone
I don't know whats wrong have already downloaded it twice but whenever i try mounting the iso files it reports some sort of an error? Any idea anyone?

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Corrupted ISO? U hgetting it from torrent or HTTP?

And just thinking why these double standards?

When MS copies some effects and icons from OSX they become chor and devil incarnate and whatever.
When Linux picks up the entire face of Vista, people call it a great job!

Last edited:

ChaiTan3

GTK+ programmer
kumarmohit said:
When MS copies some effects and icons from OSX they become chor and devil incarnate and whatever.
The matter is not about copying....its whether you charge money for your software after u copy someone elses software.

lalam

In the zone
kumarmohit said:

Corrupted iso likely but i downloaded it two times already. Was downloading it from the link shown on this thread, the original source. Anybody else who already completed downloading this can u please confirm that its not the source file.

mediator

Technomancer
kumarmohit said:

And just thinking why these double standards?

The term "like" is there!! THis linux looks "like" VISTA hence VIXTA! Did MS say that this looks like OSX?
If someone makes a remix of a song, he isn't labelled as "chor" but if bollywood copies the atif aslam song's tunes, then they r labelled as a copy/"chor". Why??

It also gives proper credit to the distro it is based on!! BTW, copying happens everywhere! But I guess its only the fanboys who term it as "chor" n keep on bragging bt it.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
anandk said:
but why would any linux user want to use a vista-look-alike ???
many geek users NOT...

But, the beginners to Linux may seem it toooo cool...

So worth to exist !!! :)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
anandk said:
but why would any linux user want to use a vista-look-alike ???
legitimate software, cost, runs even on older hardware and lots more reasons :)

ChaiTan3 said:
The matter is not about copying....its whether you charge money for your software after u copy someone elses software.
regarding, copying: its not copying something and charging for it that's bad. what's bad is copying something and not giving credit to the original entity. as far as copying is concerned, its ok wid me as long as its acknowledged and the user is benefited.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Cool. Its good for Vista Maddees. :D At least Vista ke paagal abhi Vista ke naam par Linux use karengein. :D :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom