Vixta: the Linux that looks like Vista!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
anandk said:
but why would any linux user want to use a vista-look-alike ???
I use fluxbox quite often now! But thats linux for u, giving superb customizabilty!!
Why do u want styleXp, windows blind? For something different? It gives u options to move away from boring default looks of XP. Even with VISTA an end-user wants something different! And here we have our members @sashwat becoming VG of Linux displaying WOWOW in Open source & @infra_dood becoming a legend!!

U have Linux looking very well like OSX with Beryl adding more candy n eye candy to the effects, and here we have VIXTA. There r so many managers like blackbox, fluxbox, icewm, xfce, Kde, gnome etc. Will u ever get bored with it? I haven't finished even with KDE yet!!

Why anyone wud use VISTA like Linux? May be to mock VISTA users that he too is getting the same or more than that but free of cost, FOSS freedom and more efficient.......Just kidding!

I have KDE setup to look like VISTA, another account created to look like OSX following the tutes here. I use them wheneva I get tired of looking the same geeky looking fluxbox that I have setup like such! Neways, why do windows users use almost OSX look alike i.e Aero of VISTA?

Last edited:

lalam

In the zone
Hey still then can anybody answer my question and tell me if there download works fine for mine didn't though i downloaded it twice so anybody?

bump... anybody knows where I can grab the artwork packages(the themes, wallpapers, cursors and icons) for this distro ? I think this is one of the closest themes to the real thing.

Linux has never been resource demanding and never will be. Linux developers always think of old boxes while developing any version of Linux. :)
Linux is a kernel that is very effitient and has a strong stable and optimised for performance architecture. The kernel will forever be able to run with a minimum of 12 mb ram. Only the GUI varies.
And I think this Vixta is either KDE or Gnome, and either when combined with Compiz Fusion(here it has plugins to emulate flip3d or what ever cr@p M$ has put in vista) needs min 256 mb ram, min 1GHz sempron processor and 64 mb video card.(16 also works. I tried it)

PCWORM

UBERGEEK
Linux has never been resource demanding and never will be. Linux developers always think of old boxes while developing any version of Linux. :)
My Bad sorry,,ws worried as it used transparency effects...linux rulez

BTW,,,anyone tried this OS?

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
Linux is a kernel that is very effitient and has a strong stable and optimised for performance architecture. The kernel will forever be able to run with a minimum of 12 mb ram. Only the GUI varies.
And I think this Vixta is either KDE or Gnome, and either when combined with Compiz Fusion(here it has plugins to emulate flip3d or what ever cr@p M$ has put in vista) needs min 256 mb ram, min 1GHz sempron processor and 64 mb video card.(16 also works. I tried it)

I wouldnt be running a GNOME or KDE desktop with Compiz fuzion on machines with only 256 MB RAM! It will crawl to death :D

praka123

left this forum longback
both Gnome and Kde are resource hungry as they are full grown Desktop Environments.

Still Gnome runs fine with 128MB memory(Personal experiance) although you cannot expect fancy things(compiz etc) runs on it :p

Pat

Beyond Smart
gone mad ? KDE works on 256 Mb RAM

GNOME works on 128 Mb RAM. I have tried it.

I said KDE + Compiz or GNOME + Compiz! You better go and check it for yourself before commenting..And "works" is a misleading work! Coz if you consider that ways, vista "works" on systems with 512 MB RAM but everyone knows how bad it is!

praka123

left this forum longback
^Yes.Vixta is may be useful to woe Vista users to Linux :) esp with Compiz :D

anyways Vista is DRM ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom