Vista - Will it Fly or Fall

Will Vista back up Microsoft's fortunes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Re: Vista - Chalega ki Doobega?

shantanu_webmaster said:
HEY GX_saurav .. you are talking about reps of aryayush... i saw your miserabled ID you even didnt had two balls and above 2000 posts and in this ID of your you got three balls in just 425 posts... seems a little ackward....

that was old ID gxsaurav which was banned due to kicking the arse of iPhone & calling the wraith of macboys

this is new ID gx_saurav

shantanu

Technomancer

both both r u only .... i dont want to personanlly blame you but the thing is you are an old member,, and + an MVP than you must gain a higher level .. and should not hipe anyone..

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

shantanu_webmaster said:
HEY GX_saurav .. you are talking about reps of aryayush... i saw your miserabled ID you even didnt had two balls and above 2000 posts and in this ID of your you got three balls in just 425 posts... seems a little ackward....
1. Reps really do not matter, nor are they the deciding factor for who is good person and who is not.

2. When you beg for reps in your signature and are repped on the grand occassion of your 50th, 100th and 150th post by your chelas, they tend to accumulate pretty fast. So having three jewels in 425 posts in not the most difficult job in the world.

3. I am used to his derogatory remarks. It is a classic fallback. Whenever, you run out of points (because you support things which do not have any points in their favour), just start ranting about it and someone is bound to shut up.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

can v b please b back on the topic for a few posts so tht the admins dont think tht we r again fighting

thoda topic k bare mein then v shall continue the fight again ...

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

aryayush said:
Plus, Mac users have a sense of loyalty towards Apple because we love our Macs. The same cannot be said for PC users though.

You love your macs and we hate our PC's?

How can you make such generalized comment for a big community which has different type of users all of different kind, "all mac users are loyal but this is not true for PC users" . Awesome thought. I dont know but loyalty depends on person to person , but if you go with such generalization then i know one thing too ,
"A very large percentage of Mac users act like Mac users."

And thank god according to you pc users are different. As a consumer, idiotically following some company and buying any product because it was from xyz company is totally foolish. Wise users have choices and they choose any software or platform according to their needs which can change time to time. Loyalty to a multi billion corp goes to drain when your hard earned money is on stake.

aryayush said:
And no matter how you try to spin it, the fact remains that Microsoft does not give a damn how the user experience for their customers. All they care for is how they can cash in more money.

All business care abt the same , more money . Be it any company , which includes apple. Thinking that 'a long time successful business can run by a company by harassing its buyers' comes form a screwed up mind of a little kid.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

tarey, man repped u for your post :D

like mav3 said, can we plz go back to topic

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

I dont believe in reps dude . I will disable my rep soon when they change the dull grey color ofthe dot for disabled rep to something else ;).

Say no to reps :)

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Changed the name of the topic... we want it to be more Google friendly in English ;)

and what's with the stupid Mac Vs PC arguement in a "Will Vista be a success or not" thread? Will all you fanboys just take a break for a change??

Raaabo

praka123

left this forum longback
whatever-ppl thinks they are getting the bleeding edge technology and world's best and superior OS in getting Windows Vista albeit the DRM trap included with.
Vista will be Flying-though personally I'd liked ppl Use Free Software and GNU/Linux.but what 2 say-something FREE is considered inferior by the technically superior human beings.:p

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
praka123 said:
whatever-ppl thinks they are getting the bleeding edge technology and world's best and superior OS in getting Windows Vista albeit the DRM trap included with.
Vista will be Flying-though personally I'd liked ppl Use Free Software and GNU/Linux.but what 2 say-something FREE is considered inferior by the technically superior human beings.:p

1) That DRM crap is not due to Microsoft, it's due to RIAA & MPAA. Microsoft is forced to include it. If you do not play Protected Content U don't have to worry. Other OS will have to do it too soon, & Linux might not be able to do it at all, means no HD Videos on Linux leagally.

2) They are indeed getting superior technology. Have u seen the linux SATA drivers out there, or better yet the condition of Audio drivers? you will understand why Windows is a superior desktop OS then other competitive OS

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
gx_saurav said:
1) That DRM crap is not due to Microsoft, it's due to RIAA & MPAA. Microsoft is forced to include it. If you do not play Protected Content U don't have to worry. Other OS will have to do it too soon, & Linux might not be able to do it at all, means no HD Videos on Linux leagally.

No use I have posted this three times in the forum. DRM crap is only for DRM'd content, and soon to play leagal HD content every Os will need to include something like this. The non DRM stuff works as it does on other OS, the DRM hd content offered by the studios will currently not play on other systems. The crap is due to RIAA/MPAA and thankfully no one loves them. Personally i wud never buy any crippled DRM content. :cool:

praka123

left this forum longback
but GNU/Linux FLOSS stands for Freedom-the essence of which is trying to be mutilated through DRM-eventually this will fall off the way.many of u will not like below links.but posting:p
DRM:
*defectivebydesign.org
Software Patents:
*nosoftwarepatents.com

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
We know what GNU Linux stands for, I know it, you also know it, now plz go & tell this to MPAA & RIAA. Weather DRM content will be available on Linux legally & officially is still a question. MacOS X Leopard is coming & even that will include DRM, it has to else it will fail in competition to Windows in playing legal HD DVDs on a computer.

So, we are back to the topic, DRM is not a reason which can decline Vista's sales. There will always be non-DRM content availabled via P2P or people's own recordings etc. If you don't like DRM, plz do a good deed & stop supporting it.

By the way, a 29" TV is always better to watch a HD Movie then a 20" Computer Monitor :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@ subratabera

That post is right, Linux does needs to do something about HD contents. People should understand that Vista is not the reason for all this DRM crap.

I still see a solution though, Ubuntu for Rs 1000 with codecs & HD support in it. They can easily pay the license per copy in that prise & also make profit. Rs 1000 is still much less compared to that of MacOS X (in which case you need a new computer) or Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom