Vista - Will it Fly or Fall

Will Vista back up Microsoft's fortunes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Re: Vista - Chalega ki Doobega?

he got the reps from other macboys, who else.....piyush just search in the forum. He posts only regarding Mac, he knows nothing about computing technology or anything. I might be banned by the Mod for this post...

By the way, he turned 18 just a few days ago. Nothing compared to the other mature guys here.

So where were we....ya, Vista was released to public on Jan 30, not even 2 months ago. It is not yet cracked and as we know thats how the average joe in india gets his OS :D

The thing is with WGA & Genuine Windows campaign, people are finally learning something , the benifits of going genuine. What they need now is awareness about which version do they require. Everyone should not just jump at Ultimate edition when Home premium is enough for them.

Last edited:

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent

Feels he is a true spammer(Mac spammer)

Great news for Mac
Koi Mac ko bhi spam karta hai:D

Mods please dont ban me for this post

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Uh... I am not interested in replying to the useless comments but here is the software which allows you to have video conferencing on the MSN network:

*cmq.qc.ca/4w/amsn/

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Vista has become the craze here in Lucknow's computer market. Every 2nd guy who comes to buy a computer weather its assambled or branded asks weather it will run Vista or not.

I saw one uncle who came to the shop to buy a PC for his son, & decided to get a HP Laptop just cos it had Vista as an option.

With the campaign from MS, people are slowly but steadily learning that they can get a HP\DELL\Lenovo computer with Vista installed & they don't have to worry about the service part cos well these brands provide it.

Hardcore power users like us & students will always assemble computers & crack Vista anyway :D, just cos we like to tweak our PC the way we like it.

Linux is gaining acceptence but not among the consumar grade users. 98% Linux users that I have seen here are students learning Linux or preparing for Red Hat certification.

arya said:
Uh... I am not interested in replying to the useless comments

Don't worry, we can understand.

About aMSN. Its not official, right? Well it does the job, i hope there is aYahoo too :D or maybe it will be developed in the future soon

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.

piyush gupta said:
Not only he posts stupid childish stuffs
he is actually a child

Feels he is a true spammer(Mac spammer)

Great news for Mac
Koi Mac ko bhi spam karta hai:D

Mods please dont ban me for this post

I would request you to stay on topic. The rules clearly say that no personal attacks will be allowed on anyone.

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent

After a no. of s/w

You finally got something on Mac equals to Yahoo or MSN for windows

cheers!!!:D

Post edited i be there on topic

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

@ piyush,

he got something similar to Windows Live messenger on Windows, but not Yahoo.

Well, could be his personal choice. Not everyone is Yahoo user. Hey isn't MSN a product of the M$ :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

gx_saurav said:
Hey isn't MSN a product of the M$
they just might quote some 1 saying that chatting was an apple concept and MS copied it and used it .... u know how MS and Apple are ... apple thinks ... MS thinks differently :D and uses it

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Vista Doobega

Doobega Vista Kyonki WOh bahut mehenga hai aur resource khaane wala. Bharat mein to WOH shaayad hi chalega.

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent

gx_saurav said:
@ piyush,

he got something similar to Windows Live messenger on Windows, but not Yahoo.

Well, could be his personal choice. Not everyone is Yahoo user. Hey isn't MSN a product of the M$ :D

Ya MSN is product of MS

now apple will say hamara idea tha aur MS ne chori kiya:D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Doobega Vista Kyonki WOh bahut mehenga hai aur resource khaane wala. Bharat mein to WOH shaayad hi chalega.

Well, yeah..but this is where i say awareness is required. I am runing Vista Ultimate fine on a Pentium 4 3.06 GHz computer with 1 GB RAM & GeForce FX 5900XT. This computer was bought in 2003, almost 3 + years old

Sourabh installed Vista (without aero) on his laptop which is again old according to todays standerd.

What we need is awareness that Vista doesn't require a high end system. 512 MB is enough to run it & 2x512 MB RAM doesn't cost much these days. 1 GB is the sweet spot, while 2 GB is the sweetest spot. But then again, 1 GB will do for the next year easily.

U are right, Vista is quite costly which is something I hate MS for but then again, every software out there costs a lot isn't it. Have u seen the cost of Adobe photoshop or Autodesk Autocad 2007

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl

gx_saurav said:
Well, yeah..but this is where i say awareness is required. I am runing Vista Ultimate fine on a Pentium 4 3.06 GHz computer with 1 GB RAM & GeForce FX 5900XT. This computer was bought in 2003, almost 3 + years old

Sourabh installed Vista (without aero) on his laptop which is again old according to todays standerd.

What we need is awareness that Vista doesn't require a high end system. 512 MB is enough to run it & 2x512 MB RAM doesn't cost much these days. 1 GB is the sweet spot, while 2 GB is the sweetest spot. But then again, 1 GB will do for the next year easily.

U are right, Vista is quite costly which is something I hate MS for but then again, every software out there costs a lot isn't it. Have u seen the cost of Adobe photoshop or Autodesk Autocad 2007
many people like me have p3. wht abt them?

sivarap

In the zone

U ppl read Calvin & hobbes?

Hobbes is a ferocious tiger to Calvin...But to others it is only a stuffed doll....

:D

No offence meant.....And I feel so proud to have started teh MAC topic....Narayn narayan...

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Microsoft made a universal chat client and it has become very widely used. They ported it to OS X but crippled it severely. The guys behind aMSN made an alternative for those whom MSN Messenger is really important, i.e. the switchers.

And you guys (gx_saurav and piyush gupta) can carry on with the flaming. I don't mind. Only the truth hurts, so these comments are in no way hurtful. Keep going...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Hobbes is a ferocious tiger to Calvin...But to others it is only a stuffed doll....

:grin:

No offence meant.....And I feel so proud to have started teh MAC topic....Narayn narayan...

^^^^^ Didn't get u

And you guys (gx_saurav and piyush gupta) can carry on with the flaming. I don't mind. Only the truth hurts, so these comments are in no way hurtful. Keep going...

angoor khatte hain :D

Read your own posts, then our reply to it. & Plz do not bring mac discussion here again. This thread is about Why Vista will be a success, or not. U have mentioned your point of view which is....well, funny so now let the others mention theirs.

many people like me have p3. wht abt them?

Pentium 3 was released in 1998 If I m correct. I am sorry, your computer is quite old. You are better off with Windows XP SP2 with 512 MB RAM or Linux. You are not the only one like this, & besides just note down what do u need from an OS, if XP\Linux is doing it for u just fine, then stick to what u have.

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

sivarap said:

:D

I hope you actually learnt something. :)

sivarap

In the zone

gx_saurav said:
^^^^^ Didn't get u

angoor khatte hain :D

Read your own posts, then our reply to it. & Plz do not bring mac discussion here again. This thread is about Why Vista will be a success, or not. U have mentioned your point of view which is....well, funny so now let the others mention theirs

Good

Yes...I did learn that u like MAC and many don't :D

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer

HEY GX_saurav .. you are talking about reps of aryayush... i saw your miserabled ID you even didnt had two balls and above 2000 posts and in this ID of your you got three balls in just 425 posts... seems a little ackward....

well i have no right to say all this... to you but i think you should not insult anyone...

Piyush.. i think you are speaking too loud on topic...

coming back to topic.. Vista is gaining its speed with time and will surely be well settled in one year.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom