Vista Price to go down

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Although no exact date has yet been given, Microsoft said price cuts would be introduced in 70 countries.

In the US, the cost of the most expensive version, Vista Ultimate, will be reduced to $319 (£161) from the current retail price of $399.

Analysts said Microsoft was aiming to boost the number of customers upgrading to Vista, which was introduced in 2007
Source

din

Tribal Boy
Funny competitions, price cuts, oh well, they are trying their best ! And people are going back to XP !

V

vaibhavtek

Ok so its time for me to buy Vista.

Thanks for the info.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Rs 12731.25
from
Rs 15924.05

not a notable price drop...
if my opera widget is right...

anyway this is the nice start.. will buy one when its around 5-7 k

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
and People are switching and downgrading to XP :D
lol this is not a heavy price cut to make it into news!!
i thought it got down by 5-6k Rs LOL
:D

x3060

A LOTR fan
come on . . is vista still here . . i thought it flopped like ME . . i mean almost all uses XP now is it ?. please dont take it as antiMS . i am comparing two of their own products .

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
Microsoft Cuts the Price of Retail Vista

Microsoft Corp. is cutting prices for retail versions of the Windows Vista operating system in an attempt to boost sales to the relatively small number of people who buy the software at retail outlets.

The Redmond, Wash., software maker said it is lowering the price of stand-alone versions of Windows Vista between 20% and 40% from its price as of the beginning of this year. The price cuts, expected later this year, are world-wide and affect all consumer versions of Windows Vista, including Home, Premium and Ultimate editions. Retail prices for the products now range from about $200 to $400.

More

Re: Microsoft Cuts the Price of Retail Vista

what are the indian prices ? I think one will be a madto pay Rs. 8000(200$) or Rs. 12000(300$) for vista in india...

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com

yes, as mentioned by @din..it is already posted here.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81431

narangz

Web developer

what are the indian prices ? I think one will be a madto pay Rs. 8000(200$) or Rs. 12000(300$) for vista in india...

The pricing is outrageous. Aleast in India. When will they stop converting USD to INR MRP? :mad:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Guys quick question!

I'm getting a new comp. for my family. It apparently won't run the old XP (damn it!) so I'm forced to get Vista for it.

I haf a Vista basic license for my laptop (those old hats here would remember my thread about it). My cuz has an extra Vista HP OEM licence. How much will it cost? I'll just hand over the Basic license to him and pay the difference. Don't want any obligations.

What is the price of Vista Basic and Vista HP OEM as of today?

Sorry for hijacking this thread but since its related to pricing, thot I'd be appropriate to ask here.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Don't know about OEM rates, but Home premium costs about Rs 5k right now, pay him Rs 2000 + Vista home basic license.

R U sure the HP OEM key isn't activated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom