Vista Price to go down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Microsoft Cuts the Price of Retail Vista

The pricing is outrageous. Aleast in India. When will they stop converting USD to INR MRP? :mad:
I already know Windows XP home OEM costs 3.2k and Win XP Pro OEM costs 6.2k and Windows Vista home costs 4.5k in india... that was a few weeks back.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Is MS going to cut prices in India too? Also I don't think MS no longer sells XP. They support XP (supposed till 2011) but I don't see any vendor selling XP - atleast original or he must have a old stock.

By the way, Mr. Chidambaram has set the clock back by increasing the excise duty on packaged software from 8 to 12 %. That means a legal copy of Windows Vista Home Premium, which sells for around Rs. 10,000, will cost Rs.400 more. Source.

And the 2 threads are merged.

narangz

Web developer
By the way, Mr. Chidambaram has set the clock back by increasing the excise duty on packaged software from 8 to 12 %. That means a legal copy of Windows Vista Home Premium, which sells for around Rs. 10,000, will cost Rs.400 more. Source.

My expression after reading this :mad:

BTW- AFAIK that price you mentioned is of Vista Ultimate.

Vista Home premium retail is available for Rs 5,000.
and thats why nobody buys windows XP anymore, weather home or professional. I think as of now, thanks to SP1, vista is starting to look good for guys like me who have a swift and fast OS to back it up.

can you please post the prices of all vista editions , both retail and OEM ?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Don't know about OEM rates, but Home premium costs about Rs 5k right now, pay him Rs 2000 + Vista home basic license.

R U sure the HP OEM key isn't activated?
?
Yep. His laptop was bundled with HP OEM. He got one more license from his office (HP OEM). So that is lying useless with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom