Visit Beauty of the Web: IE9 Beta Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
topgear, dude do not mind but I am feeling that you are here only to bash Microsoft...

and lets come out of M$ mentality :)

be sane - where did you find that I'm bashing M$ ? can't you read or you have some problem in understanding ?

How come it's bashing If

I post some graphs where IE9 sucks compared to other browsers

and some old info that Java is Sun product

Netscape introduced support for java script in it's browser first

and M$ has made IE for unix

it's just informations ( and they are all related to browser ) - if you don't like it fine but it could be useful to others.

It seems like you are only here to blindly support M$ and every other commercial products made by big software companies.

Dude come out from this mentality.

they charge because that is their business....if 80% desktops do not mind using Microsoft products (instead of free of cost alternatives) then there has to be some reason behind it..

did you find the master reason behind it ?

Where did I tell that M$ should not charge for their products - can you point out ?

Have not you seen even I use xp and office xp and I think they are both legendary softwares.

I've seen that you are only going off topic and shifting your discussion to other products made by M$ and other companies other than browser.

I'm here to talk about browsers and IE9 is just a browser by M$ which I think is not a good browser compared to other browsers and for some good logical reasons.

have not you checked out the graph images I've posted on the previous pages where IE9 completely sucks and I've mentioned it's source unlike you.

BTW IE9 seems to be their best effort in turning around the image of Internet Explorer which is used to be full of security holes and bugs (and very slow performance)...so lets appreciate what it can do...

it seems to be their crappy commercial effort to increase the sell of win7 and let's wait by the time IE 11 will be released it will no longer support win vista or may be win7 too to boost the sell of windows 8.

IE9 is better than IE8 but it does not means it's better than every browsers in the market.

If you are happy with IE9 - it's just fine - why should other ( who don't like IE ) should appreciate it ? Have we ( non IE users ) told you to appreciate and use FF, chrome or opera ?

and as per your posted image :

*i52.tinypic.com/ajtu87.jpg

Do you know opera is the most widely used mobile browser and even windows mobile users use it as IE completely sucks.

a large number of people still use IE6 due to only ignorance ( which is full of security holes and bugs ) and funny thing is M$ has integrated IE6 with Xp Sp3 but at that time IE8 was available and that was more secure than IE6.

opera has introduced tabbed browsing on 2000 with it's version 4 but IE7 on 2007 sported tabbed browsing.

So which browser user and makers are the ****ing stupid the image makers should really reconsider with unbiased views :p

here is my personal opinion about most popular browsers :

Opera - the most usable ( and speediest ) browser out of the box with every needed features and the Turbo mode can really speed up browsing if you are on slow connection.

Firefox - The most customizable browser but can be used without even installing a single addon.

Chrome - already a popular browser with great speed , has great potentials and is getting stronger day by day.

Safari - Better than IE but not better than other three mentioned above.

IE9 - Better than any previous version IE but needs more improvement.

Last edited:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
u know what your problem is topgear? you do not listen!
All the best to you and your opinions. I rest my case here.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
50 percent microsoft users are still on xp. Microsoft are clearly making a daft decision to not release it on xp.

Absolutely

I mean are they trying to switch people, by some weird logic, to vista or 7 by the power of their almighty new browser? Makes no sense to restrict it.

If they are really thinking this, some people need to be fired from Microsoft or they will take down the company some day with this type of thinking.

People will never switch to Win 7 just to use the new version of IE.

To tell the truth, I found it to be a chrome clone. It was quite irritating that it took 20 minutes to install cuz it was looking for updates even though it had hardly been a week since it's release (I downloaded offline installer). And after that it restarted the PC without a warning and I lost some unsaved work and the person whom I was chatting to was left clueless about why I left without a word. And to top it all, for some weird reason, it just won't open a page. I type the address, keep hitting enter and nothing.
That's how my IE9 experience went and as always I was left regretting that I ever tried to use IE

chooza

Journeyman

Right said brother

Absolutely

If they are really thinking this, some people need to be fired from Microsoft or they will take down the company some day with this type of thinking.

To tell the truth, I found it to be a chrome clone. It was quite irritating that it took 20 minutes to install cuz it was looking for updates even though it had hardly been a week since it's release (I downloaded offline installer). And after that it restarted the PC without a warning and I lost some unsaved work and the person whom I was chatting to was left clueless about why I left without a word. And to top it all, for some weird reason, it just won't open a page. I type the address, keep hitting enter and nothing.
That's how my IE9 experience went and as always I was left regretting that I ever tried to use IE
When XP was launched, there was the same opinion, that most users are on Win98.Why you people take tension what MS should produced or shouldn't.What people should use.When you do ask any body, why another person even listen to your verdict.Opera also have the same interface.and yes just check, how can you say, its Chrome clone,Interface is totally different, in fact the interface of Opera and Chrome is same with tab on top and address bar below it. IE9 do not have this interface. dont say just for the sake of saying something. Its different.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ spell Chrome correctly. :) Opera 10.62 looks completely different though.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
It just doesn't matter who copies whom. As far as I remember, IE7 was the first browser to hide the Menu bar by default. :D Chrome copied (and improved) from IE7 unlike what most of you are suggesting. ;)

Basically, it is actually good to see IE catching up with other browsers as the default browser of an Operating System shouldn't be much outdated. Secondly, speed tests don't make much of a difference in the real world scenario. The latest versions of most browsers these days are fast enough.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Right said brother

When XP was launched, there was the same opinion, that most users are on Win98.Why you people take tension what MS should produced or shouldn't.What people should use.When you do ask any body, why another person even listen to your verdict.Opera also have the same interface.and yes just check, how can you say, its Chrome clone,Interface is totally different, in fact the interface of Opera and Chrome is same with tab on top and address bar below it. IE9 do not have this interface. dont say just for the sake of saying something. Its different.

you know what is your problem guys - you just do not properly read anything and don't want to comprehend either.

All the best to you and your opinions guys.

Absolutely

Yep, that's the reason I'm talking about. if OCF can still support windows Xp ( and most games too ) why can't IE9 - what features it has that could not support Xp and features that could really effect browsing experience.

if it's gpu rendering than I do admit that it's very good feature and even if we need it FF and chrome can support gpu rendering on Xp os so why can't IE9.

benchmarks below

*www.lucidchart.com/img/blog/bench-fps.png

*www.lucidchart.com/img/blog/bench-render.png

IE9, FF4 Beta In Real-World Benchmark

A PIcture Is Worth A Thousand Words - right ! :p

HTML 5 test :

*geekswithblogs.net/images/geekswithblogs_net/mbcrump/WindowsLiveWriter/InternetExplorer9BetaLaunchedToday_991D/image_2.png

*geekswithblogs.net/images/geekswithblogs_net/mbcrump/WindowsLiveWriter/InternetExplorer9BetaLaunchedToday_991D/image_8.png

*geekswithblogs.net/images/geekswithblogs_net/mbcrump/WindowsLiveWriter/InternetExplorer9BetaLaunchedToday_991D/image_4.png

*geekswithblogs.net/images/geekswithblogs_net/mbcrump/WindowsLiveWriter/InternetExplorer9BetaLaunchedToday_991D/image_26.png

Internet Explorer 9 Beta Features and Benchmarks

one more benchmark with beta builds of other browsers :

Kraken JavaScript test - time lower is better

1. Opera 10.70 - Score: 19,526ms

2. Chrome/Chromium 7.0.530.0 - Score: 25657.2ms

3. Firefox 4 Beta 6 - Score: 26540.9ms

4. Safari 5.0.2 - Score: 29914.7ms

5. Internet Explorer 9 Beta 1 - Score: 75187.4ms

*tech18.com/opera-beta-kraken-javascript-benchmark.html

Last edited:

chooza

Journeyman
you know what is your problem guys - you just do not properly read anything and don't want to comprehend either.

All the best to you and your opinions guys.

Yep, that's the reason I'm talking about. if OCF can still support windows Xp ( and most games too ) why can't IE9 - what features it has that could not support Xp and features that could really effect browsing experience.

if it's gpu rendering than I do admit that it's very good feature and even if we need it FF and chrome can support gpu rendering on Xp os so why can't IE9.

benchmarks below

*www.lucidchart.com/img/blog/bench-fps.png

*www.lucidchart.com/img/blog/bench-render.png

IE9, FF4 Beta In Real-World Benchmark

A PIcture Is Worth A Thousand Words - right ! :p

HTML 5 test :

*geekswithblogs.net/images/geekswithblogs_net/mbcrump/WindowsLiveWriter/InternetExplorer9BetaLaunchedToday_991D/image_2.png

*geekswithblogs.net/images/geekswithblogs_net/mbcrump/WindowsLiveWriter/InternetExplorer9BetaLaunchedToday_991D/image_8.png

*geekswithblogs.net/images/geekswithblogs_net/mbcrump/WindowsLiveWriter/InternetExplorer9BetaLaunchedToday_991D/image_4.png

*geekswithblogs.net/images/geekswithblogs_net/mbcrump/WindowsLiveWriter/InternetExplorer9BetaLaunchedToday_991D/image_26.png

Internet Explorer 9 Beta Features and Benchmarks

one more benchmark with beta builds of other browsers :

Kraken JavaScript test - time lower is better

1. Opera 10.70 - Score: 19,526ms

2. Chrome/Chromium 7.0.530.0 - Score: 25657.2ms

3. Firefox 4 Beta 6 - Score: 26540.9ms

4. Safari 5.0.2 - Score: 29914.7ms

5. Internet Explorer 9 Beta 1 - Score: 75187.4ms

Opera 10.70 Beta Tops Kraken JavaScript Benchmark!
Better Leave you will all your assumptions and Ideas.WE are VERY MUCH HAPPY with our browser and do not need any single suggestion or advice from you guys. Happy Browsing.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, use only the browser you're happy with but don't care much about useful features and speed that a browser must have - it's the tag line of IE users.

We non IE users use browsers which is fast and filled with useful features ( more can be added later using free addons and widgets ) and we are pleased with the browsers we use - namely opera, firefox and chrome.

It's not just assumptions and Ideas like you IE fanboys - it's the scores of proven benchmarks and you can see the source links as well.

We are not suggesting IE fanboys to use any other browsers - you guys are claiming that the browser you guys are using is the best and we've proved that the browser we use ( opera, firefox and chrome or even safari ) is really the best and we are very happy with our browsers as well and even we don't need any kind of suggestion from you guys. Happy Browsing.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Better Leave you will all your assumptions and Ideas.WE are VERY MUCH HAPPY with our browser and do not need any single suggestion or advice from you guys. Happy Browsing.
*Offtopic* Can you edit your post and snip the content post you quoted before posting it? It's rather long and filled with images you know :|

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
If you can get riled about something as trivial as a web browser, I'm worried about where your life is heading. :| :D

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Firefox is awful. It slows down my PC like anything. Tried it on Windows 7 and XP. I hardly use 2-3 add-ons and still it slows down my whole freaking PC. Render time is huge (in minutes). FF was great earlier but now it is awful for me. I now use FF only for imacros plugin. I would anyday prefer IE8/IE9/Opera over FF.

@Liverpool_fan - Just an advice but can you please use less of 'yahoo laughing smiley'? You use it in almost every post of yours. It makes you look like a 13 year old whose job is to just laugh at people. It doesn't come out nice for people who are reading. Go easy on people. Just an advice. Take or not, your call. Thank you. :)

chooza

Journeyman
yep, use only the browser you're happy with but don't care much about useful features and speed that a browser must have - it's the tag line of IE users.

We non IE users use browsers which is fast and filled with useful features ( more can be added later using free addons and widgets ) and we are pleased with the browsers we use - namely opera, firefox and chrome.

It's not just assumptions and Ideas like you IE fanboys - it's the scores of proven benchmarks and you can see the source links as well.

We are not suggesting IE fanboys to use any other browsers - you guys are claiming that the browser you guys are using is the best and we've proved that the browser we use ( opera, firefox and chrome or even safari ) is really the best and we are very happy with our browsers as well and even we don't need any kind of suggestion from you guys. Happy Browsing.
Now Happy???? Jao Go and Distribute Sweets. Toads in well remain toad in well.Whole world is praising IE 9 and u people....?????Sucks Neway

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now Happy???? Jao Go and Distribute Sweets. Toads in well remain toad in well.Whole world is praising IE 9 and u people....?????Sucks Neway

you have no respect for other browser users.

And you should know that the whole world is not praising IE9 and you should really have some respect for those who don't praise IE9.

Even many of non IE9 users know that IE9 is the best version of IE that have ever made but the main point is it's performance still behind other 3 major browsers.

what you've done in all over this thread - you've made only some big and useless claims, have not provided any kind of useful infos at all and you have not even posted a single benchmark or anything to prove your claims.

And IE sucks but not the users of it ( IMO ). A browser can suck but not the users of it - they can change a browser anytime if they wish to do so. Browser using is the method you use to qualify people ( if not how come the users of particular browser suck ) - it's very much clear from the last line of yours - you really have some disrespectful mental attitude towards the user and supporter of other browser users.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
lol @chooza's desultory and contradicting remarks. A long time MS fanboi...lirl.

chooza

Journeyman
you have no respect for other browser users.

And you should know that the whole world is not praising IE9 and you should really have some respect for those who don't praise IE9.

Even many of non IE9 users know that IE9 is the best version of IE that have ever made but the main point is it's performance still behind other 3 major browsers.

what you've done in all over this thread - you've made only some big and useless claims, have not provided any kind of useful infos at all and you have not even posted a single benchmark or anything to prove your claims.

And IE sucks but not the users of it ( IMO ). A browser can suck but not the users of it - they can change a browser anytime if they wish to do so. Browser using is the method you use to qualify people ( if not how come the users of particular browser suck ) - it's very much clear from the last line of yours - you really have some disrespectful mental attitude towards the user and supporter of other browser users.

MAin topic was THIS "Visit Beauty of the Web: IE9 Beta Released" not all your education.I dont why you and some like you here just reach everywhere just make your announcements. if your opinions are so right and correct where is need to publish so many comparison test and odd graphics. Showing all those is enough to prove that your point is baseless and you are trying to make base. Thread is just to inform members that IE9 is released and as usual you find a space to ....And ( if not how come the users of particular browser suck ) this is your weakness not others, you use ff or chrome and want everybody to use the same. lol
t's very much clear from the last line of yours - you really have some disrespectful mental attitude towards the user and supporter of other browser users. then what the respect you are showing towards the users of IE? haa first look into your collar and then say.

lol @chooza's desultory and contradicting remarks. A long time MS fanboi...lirl.

Don't:evil: you know what a person is known as who come in between other two without invitation. if dunno, ask me I will educate you :evil::evil::evil:

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, it is clear that IE9 is the best IE ever. ;) Time to put the discussion to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom