Visit Beauty of the Web: IE9 Beta Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Free & Open source!!!. What you are paying for using IE and what the hell you get benefit from being open source? MS is a company which know what the people are going to use(An average user), the product they make, become standard.Yes in browser, they were not as active as other but FF,Google and opera do not make Desktop,Server,Office,Database products which MS do, They just make browser.thats why they just keep on realeasing new versions, which MS cant do.MS core product is not browser which is bread and butter of others.As far as most used, windows XP is moving out of machines very quickly and replacing by Win 7 so you no need to worry, MS knows it better. :)For FF one has to use extensions, Crome collect data and I also user Opera, just use FB on that and many features of FB do not work on Opera. Problem is with you guys, if MS do not have any feature, that others have, you start shouting with slogan"MISSED FEATURE" as without that feature, one cant do any work on web and if they include, you start Shouting "COPIED". You are not new, their were many who passed their whole life shouting against Microsoft and RIP. So start doing the work instead of useless comments.

Open source and free browsers don't need to ( and have to ) pay any thing to promote them - we use and support them because we love them.

M$ don't always know what people want to use - why they did not introduced tab browsing then ?

Opera has "tab" browsing feature with with ver 4 which was released on 2000 and Mozilla in 2003. M$ only supporting tab browsing starting with IE7 which was released 7 years later. So who have copied tab browsing from others is obvious

what other M$ products have to do with browser ?

Still windows Xp is the most used OS and that's why every major browsers like opera, FF, chrome and even safari supports it. Remember when M$ has messed up vista with 4GB ram issue ? Why they are not promoting vista anymore and winxp still is the best competitor of win7.

M$ only promoting IE9 to boost the sell of win 7 which is just a improved version of vista SP2 anyway.

Every browser has it's pros and cons but can you name any other browser which has tons of security holes like IE - world's most insecure browser probably.

So the picture with IE may be improved with version 9 but still in the long run IE would be IE - filled with problems and misconceptions and with unfair business policy as usual.

and don't worry as usual other good browsers like chrome, ff and opera will out run IE every time with their future releases for sure.

I dont know about you guys, how do you test web browser...
But as a Software developer, We do five stage testing.
And I have to say after testing IE9 beta ...hats off....

well let me elaborate my testing with you all..
Firstl try to create same testing condition for what ever browser you are going to test.
Keep the stop watch, timer with you, some developing tools with you, like IE developer tools provided with IE9 beta this time or you can download from softpedia.

NOw note down what are you going to test.
Like Youtube open faster in which browser or which has more Calc. Engine or Which provide you smooth and fast browsing speed.

I test all of them , and found that Yes IE 9 beta does sound promising, and looks like it has an edge over OPera (Latest version) FIreFox(LatestVersion).

Ok for all of you just try this link and test it on different browser. You'll agree with my statements for sure..

HTML5 Speed Reading

I get 21 seconds on IE 9 beta and felt like never finsih with opera or firefox,
both above 110 seconds and chrome near 60 seonds..

or open website like RedBull <- awesome website

Note:- I am not fan of any of the browser or my above statement have nothing to do with Microsoft promotion, which most of you just quote by saying "MS or opera fanboy".

care to share your test results with us with some pics.

Last edited:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
so whats new in IE9 ...did they change the engine

how is the response comapred to IE8 in terms of hanging

is it worth changing to IE9 compared to IE8

jayantr7

In the zone
Are you talking about Ms for being begger, dont you know that 80% of its employees are Indians.If IE is IE then what revolutin FF or GC brought in WWW?Kid mind as ur photo :)
Hey buddy,,,,I mean about just IE and not Microsoft here....And you acting as if ur a born genius @_@ :p///:evil::evil:

Firefox,Opera and GC are much better....I guess you are a die-hard of IE :lol::lol:
If yes,then be that....

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
ya most of the enterprises are stick with MS and Oracle.
Cos thats the way IT industry is...FF i have seen ppl in HOME users...but rarely in enterprises for work

chooza

Journeyman
Paying through Windows 7 license. IE is NOT Freeware. IE can't be freely + legally used if you don't own a Windows license, check the facts lad, and it can't run in Linux and Mac OS X (even if you use WINE, you are legally expected to own a Windows license)

MAC is free???? you have buy machine also to use that as far as Linux is concerned its not mainstream product niche as ever.

Software which is free with no strings attached? Freedom not being compromised? And that's only the start. er I know elaborating won't help here though...

Which freedom of you is compromised by using MS product?tell me

MS is a company, and make software for profit, nuff said. They have attained standards through their unethical policies which have gained them monopoly. Do check out the Anti Trust cases filed against MS.
So Google and Apple are not profit making companies!!They work in charity. huh In fact Google is company which want to make profit from even simply search engine.:)
:lol: What is that even supposed to mean? IE6 was released in 2002, IE7 in 2007. It took MS 5 years to give tabbed browsers. It's not being not as active, it's called just holding back the web. And Why should I even care if Microsoft makes "desktop"(Operating System) while Mozilla, Google, and Opera don't?
So on what you will install ur browser???? Air or water hahaha lol :D
So what? Mozilla, Opera, and Google give me better browsers which run natively on the platform I use. Why should I care which product is MS's core and which is NOT?
Your wish and will .who is bounding you to do so?????why making cry for this
If you are so keen to blindly follow MS :lol: best of luck :lol:
I had used MAC and Linux too and what I said, is on my experience, not like yours

Firefox without extensions is better than IE.
Then why people use extensions????? where is need?????

FYI that can be disabled, and there's Iron and Chromium (which are basically Chrome minus Google) to look into if it bothers you too much.
Their are may IE Clones too Avante,Maxthon to name few. Increase your GK Bro.

Care to elaborate?
Many, just go and find out

Fact is that Microsoft has copied from Chrome. Accept it and done it a poor manner
what they had copied???? tabbed browsing was introduced by Opera, no one make cry when other release them,then Why on MS????

Actually you should look back at yourself and realize why you drew me to post that troll image in the first place. You are an MS fanboi who is actually so biased that he bashes Firefox and Chrome calling them to be "garbage" without anything to back his statement and then goes into his shell and claims to be victim and others to be shouting. Hilarious indeed.
You are not new, may have passed their whole life with MS fanboism and RIP. So start doing the work instead of useless comments. :lol:
Same can said for you tooo. Im MS Fanboy ok, You??? Linux, MAC,Opera,FF Google,Crome....list goes on.

:lol: You are funny. :D

P.S.: Learn to spell C-H-R-O-M-E.
Its on you

Paying through Windows 7 license. IE is NOT Freeware. IE can't be freely + legally used if you don't own a Windows license, check the facts lad, and it can't run in Linux and Mac OS X (even if you use WINE, you are legally expected to own a Windows license)

Software which is free with no strings attached? Freedom not being compromised? And that's only the start. er I know elaborating won't help here though...

MS is a company, and make software for profit, nuff said. They have attained standards through their unethical policies which have gained them monopoly. Do check out the Anti Trust cases filed against MS.

:lol: What is that even supposed to mean? IE6 was released in 2002, IE7 in 2007. It took MS 5 years to give tabbed browsers. It's not being not as active, it's called just holding back the web. And Why should I even care if Microsoft makes "desktop"(Operating System) while Mozilla, Google, and Opera don't?

So what? Mozilla, Opera, and Google give me better browsers which run natively on the platform I use. Why should I care which product is MS's core and which is NOT?

If you are so keen to blindly follow MS :lol: best of luck :lol:

Firefox without extensions is better than IE

FYI that can be disabled, and there's Iron and Chromium (which are basically Chrome minus Google) to look into if it bothers you too much.

Care to elaborate?

Fact is that Microsoft has copied from Chrome. Accept it and done it a poor manner

Actually you should look back at yourself and realize why you drew me to post that troll image in the first place. You are an MS fanboi who is actually so biased that he bashes Firefox and Chrome calling them to be "garbage" without anything to back his statement and then goes into his shell and claims to be victim and others to be shouting. Hilarious indeed.
You are not new, may have passed their whole life with MS fanboism and RIP. So start doing the work instead of useless comments. :lol:

:lol: You are funny. :D

P.S.: Learn to spell C-H-R-O-M-E.

I dont know about you guys, how do you test web browser...
But as a Software developer, We do five stage testing.
And I have to say after testing IE9 beta ...hats off....

well let me elaborate my testing with you all..
Firstl try to create same testing condition for what ever browser you are going to test.
Keep the stop watch, timer with you, some developing tools with you, like IE developer tools provided with IE9 beta this time or you can download from softpedia.

NOw note down what are you going to test.
Like Youtube open faster in which browser or which has more Calc. Engine or Which provide you smooth and fast browsing speed.

I test all of them , and found that Yes IE 9 beta does sound promising, and looks like it has an edge over OPera (Latest version) FIreFox(LatestVersion).

Ok for all of you just try this link and test it on different browser. You'll agree with my statements for sure..

HTML5 Speed Reading

I get 21 seconds on IE 9 beta and felt like never finsih with opera or firefox,
both above 110 seconds and chrome near 60 seonds..

or open website like RedBull <- awesome website

Note:- I am not fan of any of the browser or my above statement have nothing to do with Microsoft promotion, which most of you just quote by saying "MS or opera fanboy".
Brother they do not test anything, just follow others

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
as far as Linux is concerned its not mainstream product niche as ever.
Linux is a highly secure less-redundant mainstream Operating System with distributions existing according to one's taste - from highly easy to use like Sabayon to geeky like Gentoo.

Then why people use extensions????? where is need?????
Useless argument. People use them because they are available. With extensions or without, Mozilla Firefox is teh superior browser.

Their are may IE Clones too Avante,Maxthon to name few. Increase your GK Bro.
How does it matter? You raised a concern about your problem with Google Chrome is "collection of data by Google." LFC_fan just told you about Chromium which is Chrome minus data collection. He hasn't asked about IE clones.

abhijangda

Padawan
ooooooooooo, looks like there's a huge fight between OSS and MS fans :D

let me make one thing clear frnds. whatever software u use proprietry or oss, it depends on user needs and his ideas. At very first everyone is taught about MS and Windows. So, its not their(comman man) mistakes that they dont know anything or know little about OSS (not saying about u chooza). One thing is for sure everyone has his own time and this applies to Microsoft also, after some years it will go down and OSS will rule computer world (or u can say software world :D) and u can see that Linux users are increasing although this is a small change in percentage but even this represents a significant amount of users. ok coming to the topic.

@chooza: its good that u have written everything based on ur experience, but i think that u dont have much experience about Linux (or u can say OSS) and have used mainly Windows(or only MS products). Just give it a one more try frnd, u will really find it good. Also the freedom u r asking about is a matter of concern for developers and programmers. Microsoft didnt distribute its source code freely, we have to buy it to make changes in them. And even then we dont have legal permissions to distribute it to others who are needy. But with OSS we have this freedom although we may not get source code for free (the fees will be many times lesser than that offered by MS) but we could atleast distribute freely. Please read more about open source i m sure you will be impressed by this philosophy.

Also Microsoft products have always been a favourite target for hackers and IE9 will also be :D. So just pray it will not contain many bugs.

Also MS cant beet OSS.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^

But with OSS we have this freedom although we may not get source code for free (the fees will be many times lesser than that offered by MS) but we could atleast distribute freely. Please read more about open source i m sure you will be impressed by this philosophy.

The source code of OSS softwares can be obtained freely and that's why they are called Open Source Software - if you have to pay something to get the source code it's simply is not a open source app.

======================================================

Why all M$ fanboys have to bring other M$ products into limelight to prove the that IE has really something to talk about - we are just talking about browsers and not the the entire product line of M$.

but as they have started I'll answer accordingly :

very true.
many, its now a days a trend to blame microsoft products. If some feature is not available in MS product its a fail and if same is with Apple of Google it is for security reasons.
Shame u guys.

No one is blaming all M$ products - it's just the IE made by them and it's for good reason .

I prefer to use Xp ( which I think the greatest OS of all time and it's made by M$ ) and office Xp than any other apps coz they fits my needs perfectly. Now Xp has many security holes, bugs and so does office XP but I'm not blaming them coz they are really good.

But in case of IE it's a totally different story altogether - a browser needs to be more secure, user friendly and bug free which IE was never and will not be ever.

Ever compared the number of security holes of IE with other browsers ??

ya most of the enterprises are stick with MS and Oracle.
Cos thats the way IT industry is...FF i have seen ppl in HOME users...but rarely in enterprises for work

IT industry does not depends on M$ and IE entirely - I think you have not heard about PHP, Apache and MySQL which are the most used web server apps and they are either free or open source.

Enterprises can use and deploy any browser they want ( they just need to mod the windows installation and components ) to replace IE.

Now M$ makes windows media player - is it better than KMplayer, GOMPlayer, MPlayer, VLCPlayer ??

Hotmail is by M$ - is it better than gmail ??

Granted that IE still the most used browser but it does not mean that's it's superior or better.

Many people use IE because it's comes with windows freely and many people even don't know there are many better browser than IE exists and as IE is a M$ product most people believe that's it's the only good and safe browser and M$ advertises IE really good.

But the picture is changing slowly and FF and chrome is gaining popularity - as people are getting more concerned about browsers IE usage is dropping and it's for good.

at last found a benchmark of IE9 beta :p

IE9 beta beaten by chrome 6 beta

check this out :

*right-now-in-tech.blogspot.com/2010/09/chrome-6-beta-versus-ie-9-beta-showdown.html

found another one

*common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/27/0,1425,i=274040,00.jpg

*common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/27/0,1425,i=274041,00.jpg

*common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/27/0,1425,i=274042,00.jpg

*common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/27/0,1425,i=274043,00.jpg

HTML5Test.com Score (out of 300)

Google Chrome 6 - 217
Firefox 4 Beta 5 - 204
Opera 10.6 - 159
Internet Explorer 9 Beta - 96

*www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2369257,00.asp

Last edited:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
It is good that Microsoft has learnt from its mistakes and filled the gaps. PC users will however continue to use Opera/Chrome for their day to day uses (except enterprise users).

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for the posting.....Experience is nice though,

Can I configure it as a 'continue from last time' like opera or ff ?

Where I need to look ?

chooza

Journeyman
ooooooooooo, looks like there's a huge fight between OSS and MS fans :D

let me make one thing clear frnds. whatever software u use proprietry or oss, it depends on user needs and his ideas. At very first everyone is taught about MS and Windows. So, its not their(comman man) mistakes that they dont know anything or know little about OSS (not saying about u chooza). One thing is for sure everyone has his own time and this applies to Microsoft also, after some years it will go down and OSS will rule computer world (or u can say software world :D) and u can see that Linux users are increasing although this is a small change in percentage but even this represents a significant amount of users. ok coming to the topic.

@chooza: its good that u have written everything based on ur experience, but i think that u dont have much experience about Linux (or u can say OSS) and have used mainly Windows(or only MS products). Just give it a one more try frnd, u will really find it good. Also the freedom u r asking about is a matter of concern for developers and programmers. Microsoft didnt distribute its source code freely, we have to buy it to make changes in them. And even then we dont have legal permissions to distribute it to others who are needy. But with OSS we have this freedom although we may not get source code for free (the fees will be many times lesser than that offered by MS) but we could atleast distribute freely. Please read more about open source i m sure you will be impressed by this philosophy.

Also Microsoft products have always been a favourite target for hackers and IE9 will also be :D. So just pray it will not contain many bugs.

Also MS cant beet OSS.

Brother, I am not here to prove which is best or worst, My point is only use whatever with which you are comfortable, why critisize others. as far as common man is concerned we are not in 1960's it 2010 and maximum computers users are known to options available. if they can make a choice between graphic card then knowing abt software is not difficult. and is MS charges for their software because their is liability attached with it unlike OSS which comes on"Use on your risk" basis.In fact Red hat charges for their versions and they do not provide any support for fedora.Same with SUse and many others.Code of Apple OSX is also not open whereas its designed on linux. Question is why only criticize Microsoft, when other are also doing same. And yes I use IE but keep my machine up to date and never ever face any problem.Neway.Yes Linux is not my primary OS but I had laid my hands on Fedora,Suse,Mandrake and knoppix too but switch back to windows now for eternity.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ fine u have to accept the fact...
OSS is used in servers

but most enterprise proj are programmed in Java or .NET

so what - why should I really care about other enterprise projects ? ( which are not browser related as that would be offtopic discussion )

Developer and enterprise can choose whatever method, language or framework they want to use to create some project.

coming to the topic ......

did M$ make java - it was made by sun or ( at-least the main founder James Gosling had joined sun ).

Netscape was the first browser which implemented java script support in it's browser first. Then IE introduced support for jscript.

Nowadays AJAX is gaining popularity in web developer community and it's for good reason.

BTW, prepared to be more surprised ( for those of you don't know ) :

M$ has really published IE 4.0 for Unix on Solaris on 1998, on 1999 version 5 and on 2001 version 5 SP1 and then they discontinued making it.

but you no longer can download this :
Internet Explorer for UNIX Home Page

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
topgear, dude do not mind but I am feeling that you are here only to bash Microsoft...

and lets come out of M$ mentality :)
they charge because that is their business....if 80% desktops do not mind using Microsoft products (instead of free of cost alternatives) then there has to be some reason behind it..

BTW IE9 seems to be their best effort in turning around the image of Internet Explorer which is used to be full of security holes and bugs (and very slow performance)...so lets appreciate what it can do...

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Brother, I am not here to prove which is best or worst, My point is only use whatever with which you are comfortable, why critisize others.
Downloaded and opened 15 tabs and worked simulataneously.Blazing fast browser.No Crome or FF. They are useless now and found their place in garbage bin.Congrats MS
:lol: At least bother to edit your previous posts to become a proper hypocrite than a lol hypocrite

as far as common man is concerned we are not in 1960's it 2010 and maximum computers users are known to options available. if they can make a choice between graphic card then knowing abt software is not difficult. and is MS charges for their software because their is liability attached with it unlike OSS which comes on"Use on your risk" basis.
In fact Red hat charges for their versions and they do not provide any support for fedora.Same with SUse and many others.Code of Apple OSX is also not open whereas its designed on linux. Question is why only criticize Microsoft, when other are also doing same. And yes I use IE but keep my machine up to date and never ever face any problem.Neway.Yes Linux is not my primary OS but I had laid my hands on Fedora,Suse,Mandrake and knoppix too but switch back to windows now for eternity.
You have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA do you? :lol:

gagan007 said:
they charge because that is their business....if 80% desktops do not mind using Microsoft products (instead of free of cost alternatives) then there has to be some reason behind it..
Combination of few good products, along with their strategy of locking consumers in, and the fact that people desist to changes. :)

Last edited:

rgsilent

Broken In
50 percent microsoft users are still on xp. Microsoft are clearly making a daft decision to not release it on xp. I mean are they trying to switch people, by some weird logic, to vista or 7 by the power of their almighty new browser? Makes no sense to restrict it.

chooza

Journeyman
:lol: At least bother to edit your previous posts to become a proper hypocrite than a lol hypocrite

You have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA do you? :lol:

Combination of few good products, along with their strategy of locking consumers in, and the fact that people desist to changes. :)

Brother, First do not present like some cheap news channel, that was my first post and another one was explanation to another query, neway nothing more is expected from you and YES I DO NOT WRITE AS I WANT TO AS YOU,JUST CHECK WITH VENDORS AND THEN ASK THESE SILLY QUESTIONS WHETHER RED HAT CHARGES OR NOT OR ANY COMPANY.:-x:x

here I just got this in email...to lol

*i52.tinypic.com/ajtu87.jpg

:p As expected from users of this forum.Com on guys, come out of well, world is much beyond the well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom