Virus in Windows XP..pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
u r rite man...coz one can really trust nod32. i think itz better than most of the well known AV till date :p

yep nod32 interface is also cool. I am its fan.:p:p:p
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
^^ i think norton is the best av till date. and 2010 is really great

Nortons but past encounter with it was not gud, so i don`t have a taste for it. There are other grt substitutes to norton:razz::razz:

Last edited:

CA50

Cyborg Agent
Norton is really changed since 2009 version and it's faster than before.

that may be true, but i don`t have any personal interest in norton, i prefer avast and nod32 to norton. I don`t know abt the other members. Every body has got their own taste.:p:p:p

rondadevil

Right off the assembly line
There is a virus in my PC which creates autorun.inf files in all removable drives and pen drives.The anti-virus doesnot detects virus even in safe mode.I installed new Anti virus in safe mode like Norton 2010 provided in November 2009.Tried avast and threatfire after updating.Pls tell how to remove virus.Thanks.
Posted again:
Help needed.
Posted again:
Help me somebody.Please
An autorun.inf file stores information of an external disk. When ever an external disk is inserted, the computer first checks the autorun.inf file and executes the command written in it. First backup all the stuff in the pendrive and then format it. Then get a usb Panda Antivirus and then netralise the pendrive . It just creates an "autorun.inf" which block any software from overwritting it into the pen drive and no softwares are allowed to enter your pendrive.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
hey buddy why don`t you use this software " USB disk security "

*www.zbshareware.com/setup.exe

this software automatcally detects all tpyes of autorun viruses in removable drives including optical ones.

OP
thetechfreak

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Ok here is my update.I have tried the following antivirus-
Norton 2010
Avast! Antivirus
Kaspersky and
i had done a boot time scan but no use.
Result-I have installed Windows 7 RC1 provided by digit in anniversary issue and its
clean of any virus as of now

Gauravs90

geek........
Well you had not tried antivirus which are kings in malware detection. They are -

avira antivirus
PC tools antivirus
panda cloud free

they have highest ratings for detection.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Create folders by the names of autorun.inf and setup.exe, and write protect them. This is a quick fix to ensure that at least they don't show up again no matter which antivirus you use. Do this on all your USB drives and hard disks.

Then run a boot time scan. You might lost a lot of data though.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
actually there isless posibility of recovering your pc after the virus infection. The solution which myself and other members have provided will work to prevent further virus infection. You can do one thing boot from a live CD and delete the autorun.inf files in all the partition and also detele any other suspicios file. Also check you windows\, system32\. If all these doesn`t work then there is no way other then a clean XP reinstall. Also make sure that you keep your pc uptodate with latest virus updates.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
well you are not able to delete the autorun virus from your removable drive because its installed on your system. search through the system for the sourch virus and delete it. then finally format or delete manually the autorun vir from your removable drive. it should go.

post a hijack this log here and we may help you more.

-SUDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom