Virus in Windows XP..pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
There is a virus in my PC which creates autorun.inf files in all removable drives and pen drives.The anti-virus doesnot detects virus even in safe mode.I installed new Anti virus in safe mode like Norton 2010 provided in November 2009.Tried avast and threatfire after updating.Pls tell how to remove virus.Thanks.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Help needed.
Posted again:
Help me somebody.Please

Last edited:

ashikns

ByTeS fLoWiNg ThRu VeIns!
Boot into safemode and disable all unwanted startup from msconfig.Also get avast and run a boot-time scan as CA50 said

CA50

Cyborg Agent
Test your antivirus efficency :
copy this code in notepad and save as a text file, then rename the file to an exe one. If your AV detects the exe as a virus then your AV is a good one.

X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Though this method is not fool proof, yet this will test the efficency of youe current AV.

Gauravs90

geek........
^^ Norton detects (EICAR test string) and status is high risk!!!!

But why though?
Posted again:

But why though?

Last edited:

CA50

Cyborg Agent

But why though?
:razz::razz:That piece of code is just for testing not virus.
Anyway norton is good. I tried it with Norton 2010 but didn`t detected it immediately. BTW did your AV detected the virus after on-demand scan or just after renaming.:razz::razz:
Posted again:
Detected Instantly

What is ur AV:?::?:

Last edited:

CA50

Cyborg Agent
^ Kaspersky Internet Security 2009

grt AV then, but did it detect the virus on On-demand scanning or just renaming??
Is just renaming then your AV is not sleeping else it was sleeping and you kow what to do about a sleeping dog

CA50

Cyborg Agent
It detected on renaming

Though kaspersky is a grt AV, your Av is not detecting a simple piece of code. The resident protection may not be up to the mark. think abt it:oops::oops:
Posted again:
i use NOD32 and according to me itz one of the best anti.virus. so try it.:razz:

hey man Nod32 is a cool piece of code, it even detected the code in txt form. I am using it with Vista.:-o:-o:p:p:p

Last edited:

CA50

Cyborg Agent
hi fnds see Nod32 even detected the code in text form, image below
*img36.imageshack.us/img36/2973/nod32p.jpg

evewin89

In the zone
Though kaspersky is a grt AV, your Av is not detecting a simple piece of code. The resident protection may not be up to the mark. think abt it:oops::oops:
Posted again:

hey man Nod32 is a cool piece of code, it even detected the code in txt form. I am using it with Vista.:-o:-o:p:p:p
u r rite man...coz one can really trust nod32. i think itz better than most of the well known AV till date :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom