Vip 500w gold help

Adibaba

Broken In
Hey guyz i gotta VIP 500w gold smps and Amd x4 955,asus M4A88TD,1tb,1 dvd rw drive. Will my smps suffice Ati 6670. If not which graphic card should i go for.Well would love to play the latest games for the next year or so.
All help is much appreciated.
thank you

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Yes, it should be sufficient at stock clock settings. VIP is blacklisted in PSU recommendation thread but by the nomenclature its gold .. Is it 80+ GOLD rated ? lol

OP
Adibaba

Adibaba

Broken In
well by nomenclature its 500w(its not gonna b dat efficient) . got influenced by wrong opinion and bought it lemme buy it n check if someone havin d same can reallly help me

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
We will be able to answer only if you post the max current in 12V rail.

I heard that the gold series isn't as bad as rest of the PSUs.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol, 18A * 12V = 216 watts.

All good PSUs have around ~80% of the rating on the 12 V rail.

Dunno how VIP labelled it as 500 watt.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol, 18A * 12V = 216 watts.

All good PSUs have around ~80% of the rating on the 12 V rail.

Dunno how VIP labelled it as 500 watt.

it's common for such PSU manufacturers - for eg. Zebroncs Platinum PSU has 22A on +12v rail and this thing costs Rs. 2k - usually these psus have high amp rating for +3.3v and +5v rails which is useless .

Just check this out ;-)

ZEB-500W - Power Supplies - Platinum Series - Zebronics - Always Ahead - Largest Range of Peripherals

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ and the mobo has to draw power from the psu and PSu may run the config with the 955BE just fine but adding a HD6670 will put additional ~50-60W load on it which your PSU won't be able to handle hence getting a new PSU is recommended.

Top Bottom