very urgent : phone under 13k..

aroraanant

Explorer
if u have a budget of 13k then I would suggest u to increase ur budget a lil bit and go for SE xperia x10 for only 14k from mobile.sulekha.com

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R
if u have a budget of 13k then I would suggest u to increase ur budget a lil bit and go for SE xperia x10 for only 14k from mobile.sulekha.com

where is it for 14k?? i found for 20k..
sorry but no touchscreen..
bb 8520 or bb 9300

red dragon

Master troll
Increase your budget a bit and buy E6.
You do not need a blackberry for texting.
Even E5 can get the job done.
If dying for a berry,atleast buy a bold2.

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R
Increase your budget a bit and buy E6.
You do not need a blackberry for texting.
Even E5 can get the job done.
If dying for a berry,atleast buy a bold2.

cost of bold 2??
i looked for e5 but the qwerty of berry suited for my fingers.. as they(fingers) are quite large..:oops::oops::oops:
well m gonna wait for the digit issue to arrive and read their comparison test...:|

mukeshgupta

Broken In
PS: Always go for a seller which has good reputation and you will be in safe hands.

That's very true when buying from eBay.

You are wrong here too. Focus is not released in India, so how would samsung provide you a warranty here ?

Correct again

tried the e5 but still a blackberry is a blackberry..:-o
keyboard of e5 can't match bb's..
also bb 8520 is a lot less on letsbuy using the coupon "rcomlsb"...

so finally i have made up my mind for the blackberries...
want to try out a bb now..
and become a blackberry beast too... :D:D:D
what to take : 8520 or 9300..

Prices keep on changing everyday and during the festive season you may get hold of cool coupons. When you are ready to buy you should look at the deals on different sites. That will help you in getting the best price.

If you have the budget then I would suggest the Bbry 9300. It's a 3G (riband (HSDPA 900/1700/2100) enabled phone and comes with AGPS - slightly better than the 8520. I suggest also have a look at the new Curve 9360. They have announced the price as 19990, but this may go down when it hits the stores and on top of it you can get some coupons to reduce the price further.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I got that new Samsung Focus from ebay for 13k, and guys, I tell you its a super-premium product at cheap rates... The only worry is no warranty, but still, the price is unbeatable for the excellent product i got...

aniket.cain

Padawan
My previous room-mate had a BB 8520, and after using it extensively, I can tell you, that phone sucks. The keyboard is a pain to type. The keys are too plasticky and stiff, and it is impossible to type fast without errors. Comparing it to my Samsung Galaxy Pro's keypad, even the owner of the 8520 wanted to throw that phone away. 8520 looks cheap, and feels cheap in hands. "A Blackberry is a Blackberry" is a wrong notion. All BBs are not created equal. If you are so much bent towards BB, get some higher end model. Not this cheap piece of crap.

I got that new Samsung Focus from ebay for 13k, and guys, I tell you its a super-premium product at cheap rates... The only worry is no warranty, but still, the price is unbeatable for the excellent product i got...

From where did you purchased ? Please share the dealer link. My ebay product it out for delivery. :( I purchased from US dealer.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
From where did you purchased ? Please share the dealer link. My ebay product it out for delivery. :( I purchased from US dealer.

I bought from eBay My World - value4m because he had phone in stock and promised next day delivery... Found him on TechEnclave forum *www.techenclave.com/members/agantuk.html

I am sure you found a better deal with your Focus. You have an SnS account? I believe you will save atleast 1.5k on this deal by going on your own... You can bid and win a new Focus for around 190 USD on ebay.com... Shipping, customs and unlocking another 30-35 USD...

Cheers!

I bought from eBay My World - value4m because he had phone in stock and promised next day delivery... Found him on TechEnclave forum TechEnclave

I am sure you found a better deal with your Focus. You have an SnS account? I believe you will save atleast 1.5k on this deal by going on your own... You can bid and win a new Focus for around 190 USD on ebay.com... Shipping, customs and unlocking another 30-35 USD...

Cheers!

I am forcing the seller to refund the money if he is not able to ship the focus, since its taking too long. I do have sns account, but I don't mind spending 1-2k extra to get unlocked phone with shipping etc and to avoid any troubles. Let me see what the seller replies for the refund, and thn will think about it.

Thank for your kind help though. How is the experience of Focus. Did you update to Mango ?

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R
My previous room-mate had a BB 8520, and after using it extensively, I can tell you, that phone sucks. The keyboard is a pain to type. The keys are too plasticky and stiff, and it is impossible to type fast without errors. Comparing it to my Samsung Galaxy Pro's keypad, even the owner of the 8520 wanted to throw that phone away. 8520 looks cheap, and feels cheap in hands. "A Blackberry is a Blackberry" is a wrong notion. All BBs are not created equal. If you are so much bent towards BB, get some higher end model. Not this cheap piece of crap.

shall i go for curve 9300? I am really confused..

one more pointer--

MY CITY DOESN'T HAVE A BB OR MOTO SERVICE CENTRE...!! :sad::sad::sad:

red dragon

Master troll
Which city are you from?
Blackberries can be very boring,when compared to droids or iphones and even symbian.Hope you realize that.
I think no one will use a berry unless forced by the employer(I am one of those unfortunates)
Do not buy it,if you do not need the bbm.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I am forcing the seller to refund the money if he is not able to ship the focus, since its taking too long. I do have sns account, but I don't mind spending 1-2k extra to get unlocked phone with shipping etc and to avoid any troubles. Let me see what the seller replies for the refund, and thn will think about it.

Thank for your kind help though. How is the experience of Focus. Did you update to Mango ?

Yes, I updated the phone to Mango build 7720 yesterday using the Zune software. Had to try multiple times before it showed any updates.

Once you get the phone, you will have to upgrade 4 times... first to 7008, then 7392 (nodo), then 7403 and finally 7720... It takes a few hours, but Zune makes it very easy to update.

The phone is smooth... the camera is excellent. Facebook and Twitter integration is cool... browser is super-fast. And the screen... the super-amoled screen is awesome...

There are a few problems...
1. No Flash support in browser
2. No bluetooth file transfers (no images, video, audio transfers)
3. No USB or Wifi Tethering support
4. Very very few free apps or games

I am sure you will like the phone...

Cheers!

Yes, I updated the phone to Mango build 7720 yesterday using the Zune software. Had to try multiple times before it showed any updates.

Once you get the phone, you will have to upgrade 4 times... first to 7008, then 7392 (nodo), then 7403 and finally 7720... It takes a few hours, but Zune makes it very easy to update.

The phone is smooth... the camera is excellent. Facebook and Twitter integration is cool... browser is super-fast. And the screen... the super-amoled screen is awesome...

There are a few problems...
1. No Flash support in browser
2. No bluetooth file transfers (no images, video, audio transfers)
3. No USB or Wifi Tethering support
4. Very very few free apps or games

I am sure you will like the phone...

Cheers!

Thank again for the help. I don't care about the features you mentioned, which are missing. I just wanna feel how good is WP7. :)

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R
Which city are you from?
Blackberries can be very boring,when compared to droids or iphones and even symbian.Hope you realize that.
I think no one will use a berry unless forced by the employer(I am one of those unfortunates)
Do not buy it,if you do not need the bbm.

Gorakhpur...
shalll i buy wave ii from letsbuy coz mah dad liked that phone..:-(

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^ yes u can buy from letsbuy
But try convince your dad to buy something else other than Wave II,I m not saying the phone is not good but the thing is that these days its time for Android,Anyone who is going to spend some huge amount and not going for android doesn't seems to be a good Idea...You can get a much better phone than wave II for the same price like moto defy,wildfire S,salsa.desire etc

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R
^^^^ yes u can buy from letsbuy
But try convince your dad to buy something else other than Wave II,I m not saying the phone is not good but the thing is that these days its time for Android,Anyone who is going to spend some huge amount and not going for android doesn't seems to be a good Idea...You can get a much better phone than wave II for the same price like moto defy,wildfire S,salsa.desire etc

moto has service prob in my city.. same with htc

Top Bottom