very urgent : phone under 13k..

ritvij

rated R
guyzz.. i need a phone and my budget is 12000 (can be extended to 13k)..

1. Budget? 13k max
2. Display type and size? no preference
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? any brand except nokia or lg
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type) no touch and type, need a qwerty but touchscreen can be considered if good phone
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. not an important factor but will be needed for some quick snaps..
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). not symbian please
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. both 3g and wifi
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? GPS
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? mainly calls, texting and listening music
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? curve 9300, wildfire s
12. Any other info that you want to share: i already own an ipod touch so no need of multimedia phone.. but occasional music is required

also i use bsnl sim.. so if i buy bb curve 9300 will i have to use separate plan or can i browse with wifi only?

i will buy the phone online if the price is good..
spotted samsung focus on ebay for 13000

NEW UNLOCKED SAMSUNG FOCUS I917 WINDOWS 7 3G 8GB 5MP | eBay

mukeshgupta

Broken In
Wildfire S can be a good choice. It comes with android gingerbread, 3.2 inch capacitive touchscreen with Gorilla Glass display, 5MP camera with LED flash, A-GPS with eCompass, 600MHz processor speed and rest of the bells and whistles that comes with HTC androids.

Other amazing phones that fits your requirement -

Spice Mi-410 - Amazing hardware for the price. Maximum bang for the buck. check out the reviews on the 410 thread on this forum. Cheapest price @Saholic Rs.12,999

Motorola Defy - Great phone. check out the reviews on the defy thread on this forum. Good value for money. But the price is 1.3K above your budget

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1. Samsung Focus
2. Wildfire S (or Galaxy Ace), if you get strictly within 13k
3. Defy, worth the extra you pay
4. Optimus One, if you like modding or trying custom rom.

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R
what about the blackberry?
i text a lot and need a QWERTY..
budget is a constraint coz my dad thinks "what will you do with a 15k phone..?" :(:(:(
what about curve 8520.. as i won't use 3g presently and will buy a new phone after boards results...
rest of the guyz thanks for the suggestions but i won't buy a touchscreen....

1. Samsung Focus
2. Wildfire S (or Galaxy Ace), if you get strictly within 13k
3. Defy, worth the extra you pay
4. Optimus One, if you like modding or trying custom rom.

Go by the hardware ranking :

1. Focus
2. Defy
3. Optimus one/ Wildfire S

If you love Android, go for defy available @ ebay for 13890bucks. Focus comes with WP7 and now with mango update is also VFM mobile.

Optimus one/Wildfire S is for lower segment..avoid it.

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R
Go by the hardware ranking :

1. Focus
2. Defy
3. Optimus one/ Wildfire S

If you love Android, go for defy available @ ebay for 13890bucks. Focus comes with WP7 and now with mango update is also VFM mobile.

Optimus one/Wildfire S is for lower segment..avoid it.

focus is a good buy for me but i get no warranty on it.... at ebay..

If you can spend a little more get Motorolla Defy
Else get LG OPtimus One P500

just tried the optimus one.. i hate the touchscreen on it.. the keyboard is very small for my fingers..:sad::sad::-(

focus is a good buy for me but i get no warranty on it.... at ebay..

just tried the optimus one.. i hate the touchscreen on it.. the keyboard is very small for my fingers..:sad::sad::-(

I too ordered it just to review WP7 but yet to receive it. The seller is taking too much time. :(

Optimus one is VFM phone as per the budget of 8k. The more money you add to buy a phone, the more enjoyable experience you will get.

when did you order? did the seller offer any warranty.. please inform me ASAP when you get it about its functioning..:-|

true...

Ordered on 23 or 24sep I guess. 1-2 days left for the seller to update shipping details else the money would be refunded :( no warranty coz its not released in India.

mukeshgupta

Broken In
I think that phone has international warranty doesnt it?

Most phones sold at ebay by re-sellers don't come with a manufacturer's warranty. But the fact of the matter is that these days your original bill (which carries the imei number) acts as the warranty for most brands. So if you can get hold of the original bill (can be in anyone's name), that should normally work.

If the phones have international warranty, it will work in India. But most of the times the phones sold at such cheap prices by people on eBay like sites are grey market products. You will not get a manufacturer's warranty for these products.

what about the blackberry?
i text a lot and need a QWERTY..
budget is a constraint coz my dad thinks "what will you do with a 15k phone..?" :(:(:(
what about curve 8520.. as i won't use 3g presently and will buy a new phone after boards results...
rest of the guyz thanks for the suggestions but i won't buy a touchscreen....

Blackberry Curve 8520 is a good and proven phone. There's a deal for this @Saholic - use coupon code 'BB911'. If you don't like touch screen you can also look at Nokia E series phones.

The Nokia E5-00 is a good phone. Comes with qwerty keyboard and 5 way navigation key. It comes with triband 3G, quadband GSM, Wi-Fi, you can integrate up to 10 email accounts and access multiple IMs and social networking sites. Also includes 5MP camera with LED flash, GPS/AGPS, 600MHz processor etc. You can get this around 9K

sach1000rt

Journeyman
if you have icici account use icici coupon on letsbuy for defy.
pice comes down to 14200Rs with bluetooth headset and reebok sunglasses.

Most phones sold at ebay by re-sellers don't come with a manufacturer's warranty. But the fact of the matter is that these days your original bill (which carries the imei number) acts as the warranty for most brands. So if you can get hold of the original bill (can be in anyone's name), that should normally work.

Thats your wrong impression about ebay. Every phone that comes with manufacture warranty is mentioned by the dealers and its accepted by the companies. I am purchasing phone from ebay for last 2-3 years and never ever had any problem in facing warranty issues. Its long time I ever purchased the phone from local shops.

If the phones have international warranty, it will work in India. But most of the times the phones sold at such cheap prices by people on eBay like sites are grey market products. You will not get a manufacturer's warranty for these products.

You are wrong here too. Focus is not released in India, so how would samsung provide you a warranty here ? Plus, phones like Xperia Neo is also not released, and thats why you wont be getting any warranty of such handsets. They are not grey products that the sellers are selling at cheap prices, but they usually buy in bulk which the normal shopkeeper can ever dream off, thats why you find the discounts better online as compared to local shops.

PS: Always go for a seller which has good reputation and you will be in safe hands.

I think that phone has international warranty doesnt it?

I think so but I wont be going to US/UK for a 12k phone just to get the phone repaired under warranty :p

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R
Blackberry Curve 8520 is a good and proven phone. There's a deal for this @Saholic - use coupon code 'BB911'. If you don't like touch screen you can also look at Nokia E series phones.

The Nokia E5-00 is a good phone. Comes with qwerty keyboard and 5 way navigation key. It comes with triband 3G, quadband GSM, Wi-Fi, you can integrate up to 10 email accounts and access multiple IMs and social networking sites. Also includes 5MP camera with LED flash, GPS/AGPS, 600MHz processor etc. You can get this around 9K

tried the e5 but still a blackberry is a blackberry..:-o
keyboard of e5 can't match bb's..
also bb 8520 is a lot less on letsbuy using the coupon "rcomlsb"...

so finally i have made up my mind for the blackberries...
want to try out a bb now..
and become a blackberry beast too... :D:D:D
what to take : 8520 or 9300..

Top Bottom