Useful Freewares...

gameranand

Living to Play
^^^ Thanks a lot.

@ harshilsharma63, topgear, gameranand : My existing data will remain right? Will I have to format the drives on the partition is done?

When there is data then there is always risk involved. Still I have done it many times using Mini Tool partition Wizard and so far so good. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
HDDScan

a freeware utility for hard drive diagnostics (RAID arrays, Flash USB and SSD drives are also supported). The program can test storage device for errors (Bad-blocks and bad sectors), show S.M.A.R.T. attributes and change some HDD parameters such as AAM, APM, etc.

HDDScan can be useful for performing the regular "health test" for your drive and predicting its degradation, so you will be able to prevent data loss and backup your files before you will have to contact the data recovery service.

Additionally, software can be used as the hard disk temperature monitor and reading/writing benchmark – performance graph is displayed for every test.

HDDScan

HashTab

HashTab provides OS extensions to calculate file hashes and supports many hash algorithms such as MD5, SHA1, SHA2, RipeMD, HAVAL and Whirlpool. As Windows desktop software HashTab runs as a Windows shell extension and on the Mac it is implemented as a Finder plugin. Hashtab provides an easy way to verify file integrity and authenticity.
Changes for Version 5.1 include:
Support for SHA-3 (Keccak)
Updated Korean translation
Fixed a problem where settings were not being persisted

The best and easiest tool I've used to get file hashes.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
@topgear first post not updated from 08-06-2009............ it will become difficult to search in all the posts for soft........

snap

Lurker
was annoyed by youtube not pre buffering videos did some search and found this

Preload Entire YouTube Videos By Disabling Dash Playback

How to watch full YouTube video without interruption on slow connection | LinksToWeb

*github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter/wiki

did anyone try this?

amjath

Human Spambot
was annoyed by youtube not pre buffering videos did some search and found this

Preload Entire YouTube Videos By Disabling Dash Playback

How to watch full YouTube video without interruption on slow connection | LinksToWeb

*github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter/wiki

did anyone try this?

Thanks for sharing bro, tried lifehacker link worked. thank god I always wanted to search for this

edit: woah i can move my slider and it doesnt disturb anything

snap

Lurker
@amjath

did you install in chrome? and did use tampermonkey and used userscript or installed as an extension

snap

Lurker
^^

thanks trying now

working great :-D and i did not need to enable developer mode

iirc youtube cached videos previously so when you reload the page the video loaded faster right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom