Useful Freewares...

chintan786

In the zone
Hello Friends,

I have beetel TV Tuner card for playing Cable TV in PC. I have lost the CD. Does anyone know anyother Freeware to use to play Cable TV in PC. Old was TVhome MEdia 2.

Regards,
Chintan

snap

Lurker
does anyone have any experience with extension for chrome which let youtube prebuffer when paused? like *chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/youtube-options/bdokagampppgbnjfdlkfpphniapiiifn/details?hl=en

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
SARDU creates a multiboot USB drive, a multiboot DVD ISO or multiboot CD ISO (all-in-one) for free (personal and non commercial use, read the license). Hard disks (internal and external), SSD, USB flash drive and all removable memory disk and media are supported.

The multi bootable device can include comprehensive collections of antivirus rescue CD, utilities and popular Linux live distributions. Windows PE can also be included, as well as recovery disks and install media for Windows XP (Professional, Home and 64 Bit), Windows Vista, Windows Seven and Windows Eight.

Multiboot USB DVD Builder | Windows | SARDU

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
SARDU creates a multiboot USB drive, a multiboot DVD ISO or multiboot CD ISO (all-in-one) for free (personal and non commercial use, read the license). Hard disks (internal and external), SSD, USB flash drive and all removable memory disk and media are supported.

The multi bootable device can include comprehensive collections of antivirus rescue CD, utilities and popular Linux live distributions. Windows PE can also be included, as well as recovery disks and install media for Windows XP (Professional, Home and 64 Bit), Windows Vista, Windows Seven and Windows Eight.

Multiboot USB DVD Builder | Windows | SARDU

I prefer YUMI more.
YUMI - Multiboot USB Creator (Windows) | USB Pen Drive Linux

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
even I use YUMI for PDs but YUMI is not suitable for making multiboot DVDs AFAIK so need to use Sardu for this.

One more such program worth mentioning is unetbootin - I use it to boot iso based live distros directly from HDD.

UNetbootin - Homepage and Downloads

quagmire

Allllright !
Guys, any freeware to partition External hard drive with existing data?

I have a 1TB WD passport, I need to partition it into 3 volumes. Also is it possible to encrypt on of the volumes (backup volume) in TrueCrypt?

Guys, any freeware to partition External hard drive with existing data?

I have a 1TB WD passport, I need to partition it into 3 volumes. Also is it possible to encrypt on of the volumes (backup volume) in TrueCrypt?

You can do this in Windows Disk Manager itself.

Suppose you have to create a new partition of x GB. So;

> Right click on 'Computer' and select manage.
> Select 'Disk Management' from left panel.
> Right click on the external hard disk visible in the main window.
> Select 'Shrink volume' and enter x*1024 (space you want to allocate to the new partition in MB).
> Click 'ok'. You will now have a formatted space of x GB.
> Right click on the formatted space and select 'Create new volume'.
> next, next, next and 'ok'.

You may also use EASY US partition master along with the same steps.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
talking about 3rd party freeware for partitioning here's another one with step by step procedure :
Quickly Partition an External Hard Drive with Partition Assistant

quagmire

Allllright !
^^^ Thanks a lot.

@ harshilsharma63, topgear, gameranand : My existing data will remain right? Will I have to format the drives on the partition is done?

Top Bottom