URGENT : plz help me buy a power supply and a cabinet

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
whats that stuff?

1. Coolermaster 120MM fans with LEDs. (Hate the bright lights, plus the fans do jack).
2. Mid Tower chassis. Never ever will I do this. Just too less space, specially when going multi gpu/water cooling or larger HSFs. Cable management is crap.
3. OEM fan controller.
4. PSU with only 2x PEG connectors.
5. Non Modular PSU.

Cannot think of much more as of now..!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1. Coolermaster 120MM fans with LEDs. (Hate the bright lights, plus the fans do jack).
2. Mid Tower chassis. Never ever will I do this. Just too less space, specially when going multi gpu/water cooling or larger HSFs. Cable management is crap.
3. OEM fan controller.
4. PSU with only 2x PEG connectors.
5. Non Modular PSU.

Cannot think of much more as of now..!

whats wrong with the Scythe server?

and also (most) modular PSU have the 12V line & the 6-8pin connectors attached to it. and rest of the cables are removable. so, its almost same as non-modular. not much difference. is there?

Piyush

Lanaya
@asingh
i thought cm 690 had decent space
since u were dealing with xfire 4890,it was bound to happen

and yes non modular PSUs are bad at that point

abhidev

Human Spambot
Corsair does make cabinets. Could you tell us the model number. Did they look like this. I seriously doubt any of those would retail for low as 3500 rupees. Also what PSU.

There seems to be a serious catch here, hold your horses. Get the full details here, with model numbers.

Also Abhidev, why are you posting 2x the same question. Is it not enough to get one answer. I answered you here, and went to the graphics card section, and see others have answered there too. I feel like an idiot now.

Here you are asking it again.

Hey i did check it on net for the corsair cabinets...tha dumbass himself doesn't know anything....well later he said he doesn't hv any corsair cabinets...then he said coolermaster is good...so he showed me collermaster HAF 932 for 5.5k with 650W smps...i went home checked the cost on the internet...its for 9.5k...i thought if he is selling me for 5.5k then lets go n buy before he comes back in his senses...but then that dumbass showed me coolermaster elite saying this is only the HAF series...i simply blasted on him ....

well the reason for posting the same question twice was i had discussed my graphic card queries in that section and thought they would hv a clearer idea abt my requirements...and also i didn't knew that the ppl to ans r the same...so sorry:)

well anways...pls suggest a good quality, future proof cabinet and psu which can take the load of HD5770 or other high end graphic cards....m planning to go to lamington rd for the purchase....also suggest a shop there if any...i hv heard of Prime abgb shop...is it good??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hey i did check it on net for the corsair cabinets...tha dumbass himself doesn't know anything....well later he said he doesn't hv any corsair cabinets...then he said coolermaster is good...so he showed me collermaster HAF 932 for 5.5k with 650W smps...i went home checked the cost on the internet...its for 9.5k...i thought if he is selling me for 5.5k then lets go n buy before he comes back in his senses...but then that dumbass showed me coolermaster elite saying this is only the HAF series...i simply blasted on him ....

:boink: :crazy: your dealer better suited for "Comedy Circus" than selling PCs.

well anways...pls suggest a good quality, future proof cabinet and psu which can take the load of HD5770 or other high end graphic cards....m planning to go to lamington rd for the purchase....also suggest a shop there if any...i hv heard of Prime abgb shop...is it good??

futureproof cabinet? first time heard about it :smile:

get FSP Saga II 500W. it can handle a HD5770 under load. also its cheap. sells for 2.5k-2.7k.

for cabinet, get Prime ABGB's favorite. NZXT Gamma.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
whats wrong with the Scythe server?

and also (most) modular PSU have the 12V line & the 6-8pin connectors attached to it. and rest of the cables are removable. so, its almost same as non-modular. not much difference. is there?

I had another OEM fan controller before the Scythe one, it died, then I got the Scythe. It had a USB port which broke in like 2 weeks, and on fan node died in 6 months. Modular does make a difference. I hardly use all the HDD connectors. Plus routing/cable management is easy to push them through holes and cabs. Else the cables are too thick at the 'root'.

@asingh
i thought cm 690 had decent space
since u were dealing with xfire 4890,it was bound to happen

and yes non modular PSUs are bad at that point

I picked CM690 on Amarbir's stupid recommendation. Curse myself.

Depends what your budget is. I can suggest you cabinets for 20K....! PrimeABGB are good and reliable. Though you from which town, your dealer is bonkers. If he sold a HAF 932 for 5K I would fly to your city, to pick it up....!

rajan1311

Padawan
hmmm...we have really strayed away from the OT guys....

anyways, now that you have a CM Extreme 600W PSU, its ok, not too bad, I owned it for some 2 years, no biggie, just remember that it is actually a 400W PSU and not 600W, so plan your upgrades accordingly.

Before people start bashing me for the above : yes, a VX450 is a far better option, but don't make the poor guy feel bad about his purchase.

@abhidev : If you are low on $$, even a Seasonic Bronze S12II 380W (Rs2.5k) or the 430W(some 3k?) would easily handle a 5770.

As for the PSU discussion before, as asigh correctly stated before, if you load up a cheap quality PSU , it may produce significant ripples that could very easily damage your hardware.
When the PSU is loaded beyond 50%, its efficiency starts falling and the PSU starts heating up, so its wise to plan a new rig with a good PSU which will be good enough for future upgrades.

Anyways, here is a small guide on PSUs : PSU buying guide

abhidev

Human Spambot
Depends what your budget is. I can suggest you cabinets for 20K....! PrimeABGB are good and reliable. Though you from which town, your dealer is bonkers. If he sold a HAF 932 for 5K I would fly to your city, to pick it up....!

no cabinets and smps were available at my dealer...so went to another shop...well my budget is not more than 6k for the cab and psu...do u know abt UMAX cabinets....it had some very gr8 looking gaming cabinets...

abhidev

Human Spambot
Hey guys ....san anyone tell me how are NZXT cabinets....in which one of all the NZXT cabinets is the best buy??

Also can u pls tell me how much will a coolermaster HAF-922 cost without smps as i want to buy corsair vx-450. pls reply guys...

Hey guys ....san anyone tell me how are NZXT cabinets....in which one of all the NZXT cabinets is the best buy??

Also can u pls tell me how much will a coolermaster HAF-922 cost without smps as i want to buy corsair vx-450. pls reply guys...

nzxt are good cabinets, haf922 would cost you 6.5-7k without smps.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Man, you are not satisfied with CM 690 ? Which cabinet would you buy now, if you have to ?

man see his config... he has two monsters in xfire, one monster of a PSU and add to it he has got a noctua cpu cooler recently i think. he surely will be wishing for a full tower. atleast a sniper or haf 932/X would be good for him. :))

_

abhidev

Human Spambot
nzxt are good cabinets, haf922 would cost you 6.5-7k without smps.

Which one for the NZXT cabinets...i liked NZXT M-59....how is it???

Well i called the Prime ABGB shop...they said HAF922 will cost Rs.6600...well dropped the plan to buy it.out of budget.
Is coolermaster Elite 334 good and is the smps included,how much is the cost,is it good for HD5770?

@Asigh - Why coolermaster CM690 bad?

Can u guys suggest which shops in lamington road are reliable?

rajan1311

Padawan
@Asigh - Why coolermaster CM690 bad?

Can u guys suggest which shops in lamington road are reliable?

The CM 690 is a bit small for for dual graphic card configurations like his.

check out theitwares.com too, the NZXT Beta might be in your budget i guess? I may sell off my HAF 922 soon, but only after exams...

elite 334 is good however not spacious, am using it, and never buy with bundled crap psu, buy either corsair psu, or real power / gx series from CM,

m59 is good for 3.8k, depends on your budget.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
@abhidev
get a NZXT Gamma + Corsair vx450

@asigh
even i've got the CM690, in the beginning it was feeling good but now it feels really cramped but i don't regret getting it coz i got the best cabinet for the budget i had that time!

Top Bottom