[URGENT] Gaming but not expensive laptop?

OP
vipul619

vipul619

whodiswhodat
asus exactly like A+
sounds better than sooos..
anyhow enough of Off topic.

Can someone tell me what that guy on flipkart was talking about?
and whennnn will that guy buy and review the HP lappy.
I'm running out of time, as i said its URGENT..!!! :hissyfit:
and i'm all like :pullhair:

RON28

Cyborg Agent
go for aaaaaassusssssssssss ;) if you can't wait, because there is no risk, i always have doubt about HP, though i really like there configs, but heard many negative reviews, if you have time then wait or else go for aaaaaasssssussssss ;) :D

rish1

Cyborg Agent
bro go with the hp one if you have gaming in mind , you'll regret it if you dont go with that
i know its a heating plate but you can buy a good cooling pad for that .
And experts here are saying hp laptops heat only when playing games not on doing other tasks.
I think you do not know about crossfire or dual gpu . Search it on google or search about asus x53ta performance on youtube or here .
i was about to buy a laptop 3 months ago until i came across asus x53ta and its performance was like mind boggggggllllling... At this price then heard of trinity launch and decided to wait . If i didnt had my exams now i would have bought it on 5th june itself.
Its almost a perfect laptop if you keep aside heating issue just a bit pricey on flipkart , i will try searching for it locally and if bag is returnable i'll return it and hopefully can get it for less than 30k.

OP
vipul619

vipul619

whodiswhodat
bro go with the hp one if you have gaming in mind , you'll regret it if you dont go with that
i know its a heating plate but you can buy a good cooling pad for that .
And experts here are saying hp laptops heat only when playing games not on doing other tasks.
I think you do not know about crossfire or dual gpu . Search it on google or search about asus x53ta performance on youtube or here .
i was about to buy a laptop 3 months ago until i came across asus x53ta and its performance was like mind boggggggllllling... At this price then heard of trinity launch and decided to wait . If i didnt had my exams now i would have bought it on 5th june itself.
Its almost a perfect laptop if you keep aside heating issue just a bit pricey on flipkart , i will try searching for it locally and if bag is returnable i'll return it and hopefully can get it for less than 30k.

when do you plan on buying the HP?

rish1

Cyborg Agent
my exams ends on 21st . By 22nd i'll book my lappy .
And search for 6720g2 this was the gpu in asus x53ta . Expect 25 percent better performance in hp g6 2005ax.
Or if still hp is a problem you can go for asus model also they will be launched within this week or by 20th for sure. You will get a laptop that wont heat up. But dont leave the amd dual gpu and specially a8 plus 7670m.
In the mean time you can check what is the local price you will be getting this lappy at. I'll do the same.
and games goblin review must be up by tomorrow or day aftr tmrw .

hi sam ,
some buyer posted on fk that this laptop is available for 33500 in local retail and he said prices are going to go up. Is there any truth in this as per your knowledge ?
Does sony also gives amd .. With similar config or is expected to give ?

and you told about returning the bag to reduce cost . If the hp guy does not take the bag can it be sold to normal bag shops and if yes what is the price at which i should sell it ?
Any other ways to reduce cost ? :)

damn i should study now..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Or if still hp is a problem you can go for asus model also they will be launched within this week or by 20th for sure. You will get a laptop that wont heat up. But dont leave the amd dual gpu and specially a8 plus 7670m.

Asus budget laptops lack 2 things. always: chiclet keyboard and a better display. and their mouse button is criticized each and every time. HP have their own problem: battery backup is poor (ignore the fellow saying 7.5hr idle at FK. looks impossible to me)

hi sam ,
some buyer posted on fk that this laptop is available for 33500 in local retail and he said prices are going to go up. Is there any truth in this as per your knowledge ?
Does sony also gives amd .. With similar config or is expected to give ?

we all know FK is overpriced. I'll try to contact a HP official store in a few days and check if i can find the laptop there. Just waiting for GG's initial impression as well as models from Asus without unnecessary stuff and lower pricetag.

Nope. Sony only have laptops with the E series processor which is good for nothing except the 11" netbooks. Surprisingly AMD send the first Trinity shipment to Asus yet HP launched their model first.

and you told about returning the bag to reduce cost . If the hp guy does not take the bag can it be sold to normal bag shops and if yes what is the price at which i should sell it ?
Any other ways to reduce cost ? :)

i am 99% sure HP guys won't take the bag though if you buy from a local store they might take the bag and offer you a 1k discount. Instead keep the bag. It'll come handy someday ;)
We never know. Maybe local pricing is lesser than this. In a month or so when this laptop is widely available pricing should be down to 30k. Better wait till then. In the meantime HP Sleekbook too may get launched here.

The 1st one doesnt have a Graphic Card.

The 2nd one is AMD (AMD sucks when it comes to multi tasking, i might be wrong but i have experienced so and will avoid at all costs).

The 3rd one seems great.
But i found a similar one for 31k.

Asus

Its i3 instead of i5 but is almost 10k less in price.
Will i3 and i5 make a huge difference in gaming & usual experience??

yes, processor will make a difference if u wll play mp3 or sumin like u know bf3.. then it will.

*configure.ap.dell.com/dellstore/co...en&s=dhs&cs=indhs1&model_id=inspiron-14r-5420

This is the best..

Ok, thats just too good to be true.. :eek:
1TB HDD, 4GB RAM, and 14" :shock::shock:
Also in range :shock:
Great find man.. :D
Just one doubt, thats it supported by an AMD Processor.

@Sam
You seem to have quite the correct technical knowledge :D
Can you please analyse the Processor & Graphic Card of the samsung laptop suggested by RON.
This One

and compare it to the Asus

From the little knowledge i have, In terms of battery backup & HDD Space & pricing (33k with Windows Home Premium :shock:)
Samsung seems better
or maybe my 14" attraction is giving it an upperhand.

Since you are unbiased towards the screen sizes, plz give a verdict on which one according to you would be a better buy.
Also though i like HP, as RON said, i have read about its heating problem increasing similar to Dell.
Asus & Samsung seem to be the only ones that manage them.
So i'd like to avoid HP as well.

That hp one is the best, though u will have to update ur ram, to play some latest games..
:-?

rish1

Cyborg Agent
bro i think that guy is right ,
see a10 with base clock of 2.3 scores around 8.5 hrs of idle time though that test was made with a ssd which saves battery , they have compared even it with an intel ultrabook

AnandTech - The AMD Trinity Review (A10-4600M): A New Hope

and consider a8 4500m has 1.9 ghz base which means more power saving with hdd so 7.5 hrs is pretty genuine.
thats why they gave the name trinity
cpu , gpu , battery all balanced .
Though battery life wont be of much use to me as it is a desktop replacement.

and i would rather spend 3k additional to get hp for its display than saving it on for asus . Some times savings can be detrimental also.

And g6 looks stunning in the video hope it is as good in real life also

m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DnHV4NUCtA1Y&v=nHV4NUCtA1Y&gl=US

i wish hp still had that offer of 2 year additional warranty for 1k. Their add waranty is damn expensive.
Bro hp is in a restructruing position things have not gone well for them.
In 2009 they were no 1 in india in terms of sales
in 2010 dell overtook it
and in 2011 sony became no 1 followed by dell and then hp.
though sony success is because of price cuts on laptop considered premium earlier, kareena kapoor and 2.5 k 2yr warranty pack.
Hp will make 80,000 job cuts in next 3 years .
And has launched 80 products in shanghai ahead of everyone to count on sales.

OP
vipul619

vipul619

whodiswhodat
HP Sleekbook with 25W Trinity APUs but in 15.6" unit. there should be 14" unit too but not now.

Guess i have to give up on 14' demand..

How to pronounce ASUS (video) -- Engadget

:p

lolol.. :hammer:

my exams ends on 21st . By 22nd i'll book my lappy.

Thats just too late.
Best of luck for ur exams BTW.

yes, processor will make a difference if u wll play mp3 or sumin like u know bf3.. then it will.
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System
This is the best..

I mentioned in the first post itself, i hate DELL.. :wwe:
Also i think 4gig is enough to do anything.. :D

As i see it, No hands-on review on HP or the new AMD Trinity yet.
Previous records state it not good.
So will get price quotes for the ASUS tomorrow from Nehru Place, Delhi.

OP
vipul619

vipul619

whodiswhodat
so i went to buy the ASUS and returned home Mindfcked..!!
Now ASUS is out of the scene i am confused between
Lenovo 3rd Gen i5

and Acer v3 571G (Not available online)
Its Core i5 (2nd gen), 4gb RAM, 500GB 5400rpm, 1GB NVIDIA GT630M, Dolby sound, 1 USB3.0, 2 USB2.0, rest usual stuff..
Its being offered at 40300 with backpack headphones & stuff.

The lenovo is offered at 43000 in actual market with backpack & stuff, also unlike mentioned at flipkart, it also has, dolby surround sound (20-30% better than acer), 2 USB3.0, 2 USB 2.0

So any ideas on this?

OP
vipul619

vipul619

whodiswhodat
what? O_O
why?
Lenovo seems pretty damn good.
It has all the features of the ASUS also with the 3rd gen processor instead of the 2nd gen..

OP
vipul619

vipul619

whodiswhodat
aren't you being totally biased..
or have you owned one in the past?

And so according to you this is the best choice among all options mentioned in this thread?

Last edited:
Top Bottom