[URGENT] Gaming but not expensive laptop?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Can you be a little elaborate? Or if there is already a thread on this topic a reference would be enough. :)

if you compare raw system performance, 2nd gen i5 is easily better than A8. Though i doubt A8 will ever feel slow as majority of our work involves graphics & UI that A8 can easily handle. Maybe OP felt down the line A8's low 1.9Ghz will be too less for even daily task.

Yea still there is a big price gap.Like Hp is available for around 31.5k-32k with backpack. :-o (In between any idea whether the ASUS model is available at Nehru Place? And the price? )

as well as Genuine OS and chiclet keyboard too.
Asus K53SV-SX520D. I am not sure if they have it in stock.

OP
vipul619

vipul619

whodiswhodat
thanks for all your help.. :D
finally purchased the Asus K53SM SX010D
The one with windows wasnt available at Nehru Place, Delhi
Now just waiting for the copy of Windows7 (will be done by tomorrow :p)
and then will review the machine.. :D
looks great though.
Got it from Authorized ASUS Centre at Nehru Place for 40000 exact.
With Backpack, mouse, cleaning kit, headset, keyboard cover, a 1yr 3user antivirus (which is quite crappy and i will most probably put up on ebay) :D

And
the reason i said after reading the HP review that i will go for ASUS was.
Because in the review even the OP said that even this lappy heats up.
Now since this is my first Lappy EVER! i really played as safe as it gets.
First call me a stereotype but i trust intel over AMD :p
Secondly again stereotype but NVIDIA over AMD
and thirdly i have read only good about ASUS ASS and no heating issues.
HP ASS had mixed reviews and also heating issues frankly told about.

This is why even though i believe that my machine should have been 35k ranged, i still payed 5k more only for being SAFE! :)

anoopjylive

Broken In
looks great though.
With Backpack, mouse, cleaning kit, headset, keyboard cover, a 1yr 3user antivirus (which is quite crappy and i will most probably put up on ebay) :D

And

This is why even though i believe that my machine should have been 35k ranged, i still payed 5k more only for being SAFE! :)

Ha ha..Ok.No big deal.Amnt gonna call you a steroetype. :D .First congos bhai for the machine you got there. And waiting for the review.And come on man , be fair! Serve us some pics :-D Atleast we helped you in choosing the lappy. ;-)

vipulgreattt

Broken In
looks great though.

And

Congrates for the great purchase bro. Do post reviews and pics.. Waiting for it..:razz::-D

RON28

Cyborg Agent
looks great though.

And

congrats :newgun::sword::enforcer2::machinegun2::chucks::fishwhack::flamewar::lightsabre::2subs::fencing::mallet::machinegun::fc_bat::bandanafighter::hammer::stamp::boxing::goodjob:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

congrats but you could have found the same for 38k.

With Backpack, mouse, cleaning kit, headset, keyboard cover

well these makes up for extra 2k.

a 1yr 3user antivirus (which is quite crappy and i will most probably put up on ebay) :D

let me guess. QuickHeal?

Laptop heats up and its a common thing. A laptop that can't be used to cook maggie under load can be termed as a cool laptop. I have used quite a few laptops but any laptop with midrange config will heat up be it Asus, HP, Dell or Sony. And there OP did the right thing. he explored and posted the correct info rather than saying the laptop runs super cool which will make the HP look good but will misguide others.

almost everyone do :)

cause games show NVIDIA logo more than AMD? Or cause you don't trust AMD as a whole.

lets hope what you said is correct. Thankfully i read Asus laptops are not handled by Rashi Peripherals. The devil of all ASS in India.

Heating issue plague specific models. I won't say HP doesn't heat up. The Ultrabook runs damn hot but the G4, G6, DV4 & DV6 have improved in a major way since Core i series got introduced. When Core2Duo was there those run hot but over time HP fixed those specially with the Sandy Bridge revision. SB itself runs cool.

Monk

Journeyman
Asus is pretty good, I'm using one with AMD and my temps never go higher than 75C while I'm gaming hardcore in non A/C room. Normally it stays at 45-50.
Also the Ice-cool is effective as it takes heat away from the palm rest. All in all good decision, congrats!

10may

Right off the assembly line
brother..m going to buy HP 2000 2116tu so....
so can u plz. tell me shud trust on hp(the heating problem) or not???? plz. rply.....

OP
vipul619

vipul619

whodiswhodat
well, I went for the ASUS and the only heating i face is while playing games, not anytime else.
So i really cannot comment on HP, but since this was my first laptop, i went for safe and spent a few bucks more for ASUS.

sumit_anand

Ask the man who owns one!
Considering your requirements I would suggest for Lenovo models they are good looking and light weighted means easy to carry anywhere. They are offering mainly three color stream i.e. cherry, black and blue.
Lenovo Essential G580 is the model which comes under your budget and will let you do whatever you want with an easy of access on your finger tips. Check out this model here Lenovo Essential G580 (59-324064) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Lenovo Notebook

helpmeout

Broken In
Lenovo Z580 (59-333345) Laptop (3rd Gen Core i5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Lenovo Notebook

OP
vipul619

vipul619

whodiswhodat
I wouldn't suggest Lenovo to anyone.
They might be sturdy and good but once broken, you are in for a hell with the ASS.. :flamewar:

Top Bottom