[URGENT] Gaming but not expensive laptop?

aroraanant

Explorer
Asus one is a great laptop but it has a 2nd gen laptop and the dell has a 3rd gen processor and it also has a original windows.
A couple of my friends own Lenovo laptops and also just take the help of google to know more.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
if you want to run like JERRY behind lenovo's pathetic service and hardware failures, then sure go for lenovo ;)

OP
vipul619

vipul619

whodiswhodat
lol i sure dont.. :D
even googled a bit and yeah lenovo ASS seems to be unsatisfactory at majority.
Dont want to buy Dell as though they ave great ASS, those lappies actually require ASS a lot.. :D
many friends in hostel had dell and everyone had visited a service center.. :p
I guess i'll go with ASUS, 2nd gen and 3rd gen should be like 10-15% different only, right?

Akash Menon

Right off the assembly line
I just ordered the Asus spoken about here yesterday. Pretty excited about it. I was stuck between the G6 and the K53 too.

1) The 7670 is ~6% better than the 630M.
2) The G6 has a 500GB hard disk compared to the K53's 750GB.
3) Then the prices also vary as G6 (42,315) is more expensive than K53 (40,200)

I was really stuck here, paying 2000 more for a smaller hard disk and a ~6% better GPU wasn't very desirable. Then came the reputation for HP to become a frying pan. After my experience with Dell's mother-of-a-frying-pan M501R (Which was a great gaming rig at only Rs. 32000 btw), I decided I'd rather have a laptop which would stay cool. Hence went for the Asus.

If there's any other person who's also got one, holla at me. As for everything else, I'm waiting for my laptop from Flipkart. Should come in a couple of days.

OP
vipul619

vipul619

whodiswhodat
@Akash

Congrats on ur laptop.
Even i have finalized on it, but i have to wait a bit as the credit limit on my card is 10k, so i have asked the bank to raise it to 40k so that i can purchase it on EMI.
Till then if you get your laptop please do a small review on it :)
Bcoz even though it is finalized, i still sometimes think of going for

Acer V3

I saw it in the market, and as given in flipkart, i can get a same model with exactly same specs with just GPU being a 1GB instead of 2, for 40500 with accessories.
And the plus points of Acer are dolby surround sound (it was actually mind blowing) and a better battery backup.

I asked about this a few posts back as well, but no one gave any ideas why its a bad bet.

rider

as Kratos
go for aaaaaassusssssssssss ;) if you can't wait, because there is no risk, i always have doubt about HP, though i really like there configs, but heard many negative reviews, if you have time then wait or else go for aaaaaasssssussssss ;) :D

Heyy ron? Why you so much negative about hp, calling heating plate..!!
What do you know about new hp laptops? Yes, previous gen laptops use to heat so much but now there is no heating issue in them. You can say anything until you use. And do you ever any asus laptop? :-o

See, Is my laptop a hot plate after using from hours?

*img535.imageshack.us/img535/3241/faniz.png

@Akash

Congrats on ur laptop.
Even i have finalized on it, but i have to wait a bit as the credit limit on my card is 10k, so i have asked the bank to raise it to 40k so that i can purchase it on EMI.
Till then if you get your laptop please do a small review on it :)
Bcoz even though it is finalized, i still sometimes think of going for

Acer V3

I saw it in the market, and as given in flipkart, i can get a same model with exactly same specs with just GPU being a 1GB instead of 2, for 40500 with accessories.
And the plus points of Acer are dolby surround sound (it was actually mind blowing) and a better battery backup.

I asked about this a few posts back as well, but no one gave any ideas why its a bad bet.

If your budget is 35k fixed hp 2000 2116tu

And if it is above 40k get New 3rd core-i5 Inspiron 15R

Last edited:

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Heyy ron? Why you so much negative about hp, calling heating plate..!!
What do you know about new hp laptops? Yes, previous gen laptops use to heat so much but now there is no heating issue in them. You can say anything until you use. And do you ever any asus laptop? :-o

See, Is my laptop a hot plate after using from hours?

*img535.imageshack.us/img535/3241/faniz.png

LOL, don't get angry, yeah my frnd has got ASUS with GT 630M, it remains really cool after gaming also, don't know how?
even im ready to go with HP, that trinity one, but people says purchasing HP lappies have a big risk :( even there is guy on digit whose signature says HP suxxx, wasted 55k :-? So only thinking about ASUS and Dell, look at this link, there also a guys says, hp and dell have overheating problem :(

Last edited:
OP
vipul619

vipul619

whodiswhodat
even i agree, that HP have created a bad rep for themselves.
My sister had an HP laptop which heated easily up and the screen broke within an year.
Now that might have been a defective piece but you believe what you see.
And as for the Inspiron series.

My first post states that i hate Dell.
And this is because i have seen 6-7 Dell Laptops in the hostel that i stayed in for 4years during Btech.
Everyone had to get something repaired within an year (screen, battery, charger etc.)
The service was quick but service WAS REQUIRED!

So as before please just comment on Asus vs Acer.

Akash Menon

Just received my shipment from Flipkart. Will unbox the K53 once I get done with work. Really excited. Expect a review shortly. Hope this will help.

Akash Menon

it definitely will :D
do play some high end games on it :machinegun2::2subs::fencing::newgun: :bandanafighter: :sniper:

Haha, thanks for that man. Just a heads up for future users. The BIOS key for the Asus K52SM is F2. DO NOT FORGET THAT.

I just spend 20 minutes of my life pressing buttons to open the BIOS screen, the boot-up screen does not show that for some reason.:evil:

rider

as Kratos
LOL, don't get angry, yeah my frnd has got ASUS with GT 630M, it remains really cool after gaming also, don't know how?
even im ready to go with HP, that trinity one, but people says purchasing HP lappies have a big risk :( even there is guy on digit whose signature says HP suxxx, wasted 55k :-? So only thinking about ASUS and Dell, look at this link, there also a guys says, hp and dell have overheating problem :(

HP is very reliable brand, one of the oldest. It ranks 3rd best brand 2012 in laptop mag after apple and lenovo (thinkpads).
And I personally don't recommend AMD processing laptop like trinity and all, yes it is a piece of big risk. A computer companies has many models, some are extremely good some are craps, but just because of those craps doesn't mean the whole company suxx. Haters gonna hate, like some people hate shahrukh but some says he is nice actor :mrgreen: If I started putting Vaio suxx it doesn't mean it suxx. Every person as personal choice, but overall critics and people say hp is a good brand. Hp developed a software which helps to cool down the laptop heating known as "hp coolsense". It works fantastic and shows result. To be honest my 2011 model hp 6165tx get upto 80-85*C in hours of intense gaming, but it still it is better than other competitors like dell xps 15 which even reaches to 98*C. It's
Vaio 1080p laptops are more preferable who loves movies and all, generally their laptops comes worst integrated graphic card in the segment, so never recommend someone to buy vaio for gaming.
Asus is good company, I've used motherboards of that, it works nice.
But the thing is their laptops are somehow overpriced in the sense that doesn't come with any damage warranty, not comes with any pre-installed genuine windows that costs 6-7k more, not as big service availability as hp/dell. Also sales figures are nothing to compare with hp, dell, lenovo.

If we talk about value for money the all new dell inspiron models are currently the best deal in the market.

even i agree, that HP have created a bad rep for themselves.
My sister had an HP laptop which heated easily up and the screen broke within an year.
Now that might have been a defective piece but you believe what you see.
And as for the Inspiron series.

My first post states that i hate Dell.
And this is because i have seen 6-7 Dell Laptops in the hostel that i stayed in for 4years during Btech.
Everyone had to get something repaired within an year (screen, battery, charger etc.)
The service was quick but service WAS REQUIRED!

So as before please just comment on Asus vs Acer.

Man, every brand is not as good as apple and thinkpad. As far as value for money concerned hp and dell are the best. I've seen charger faults in 1.3lac macbook pro too, hp/dell battery's are of limited use that is 300 cycles, well written in specs. Dell's screen fault is very common. On and all faults can come in any electronic device. Read my above comments on asus. And for the brand named "Acer" I've no comments, it don't even comparable to hp, dell. I never recommend anyone. Nobody buys it over 35k budget.

OP
vipul619

vipul619

whodiswhodat
Hi bro.Found a review of the HP trinity lap.If you haven't gone through you can check it here

thanks so much for this reference.
will definitely go for ASUS now.. :D
Just waiting for my credit card limit to increase.
Damn those guys dont accept Corporation Bank cards :muttering:

anoopjylive

Broken In
thanks so much for this reference.
will definitely go for ASUS now.. :D
Why bro? :-? Also there are a couple of good threads going on about the HP trinity G6- 2005AX.But again I couldn't find any big faults with the lap.Also there is a one year extended warranty program available cheap now for HP.

Just waiting for my credit card limit to increase.
Damn those guys dont accept Corporation Bank cards :muttering:

Bro i'l PM you.I need some info regarding the credit cards and this EMI.Thank you :smile:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Why bro? :-? Also there are a couple of good threads going on about the HP trinity G6- 2005AX.But again I couldn't find any big faults with the lap.Also there is a one year extended warranty program available cheap now for HP.

Though gaming performance is same but i5 is a safer bet. That could be the main reason why he went for Asus rather than HP. But the price difference just doesn't justify the end pricing of the Asus. should be close to 35-36k.

anoopjylive

Broken In
Though gaming performance is same but i5 is a safer bet.
Can you be a little elaborate? Or if there is already a thread on this topic a reference would be enough. :)
But the price difference just doesn't justify the end pricing of the Asus. should be close to 35-36k.
Yea still there is a big price gap.Like Hp is available for around 31.5k-32k with backpack. :-o (In between any idea whether the ASUS model is available at Nehru Place? And the price? )

Top Bottom