[Urgent] Back Again with iPhone Query

coolest111

Journeyman
I have narrowed to following possibility a the moment
35k iphone 4s 16gb (1yr dealer warranty)
40k iphone 4s 16gb(1yr apple india warranty)
40k iphone 4s 32gb(15 days dealer warranty)

is it wise to go with dealer warranty??????coz i'm thinking of 32gb version...the seller is reputed on ebay n have sold many iPhones(say above 100 i guess).....
i have to decide by tomorrow.....

pls help..

TheLetterD

Will Power
NEVER go for a phone with Dealer Warranty.
Also, I Guess its offtopic but I suggest you should stay away from the iPhone 4S.
I just bought the Sony Xperia P(23K) and I compared it with my friend's iPhone 4S. Although I didnt tell him this, but Xperia P blows the iPhone away.
I recommend you to go for the HTC ONE X if you have that kind of money(36K WITH 1 Year manufacturer warranty)
Believe me the iPhone 4S is only for people who want to make a style statement. Not those who want a good phone. And the iPhone WOULD probably be a good deal IF you could get one WITH manufacturer (ie Apple) warranty for 27K. 40K is WAY too overpriced.

rider

as Kratos
Wait for next iPhone 5, it will put Samsung Galaxy S III to shame Read
There are many innovative features are going to come in iPhone 5. Also new 4" screen now.

OP
coolest111

coolest111

Journeyman
iphone 5 was my aim but saw iphone4s 32gb version @40k changed my mind.....and we always got to wait for iPhone release in india for at least 6-8 months from US release now adding that to if its october release it will take atleast 1-1.2 yr to come to india n that too 16b will be way high than 16gb 4s coz it will have LTE....

i think xperia P is way to go if one can't get iPhone.....actually i don't like android phones much...(xperia P,S being only exception) but sony is releasing its next flagship phones arcos n all in next 2-3 months so i guess xperia p,s will get outdated soon....(i meant no software updates...i kno XS will get jelly bean but no 1 knows what happens next in android....)

As sony denied ice-cream for xperia play......

rider

as Kratos
For android phone sony doesn't sale much worldwide also they deny or comes late with android updates. I had XperiaX10 and hesitated for late update. Better to take a look on HTC One X 32GB model, it will cost you 32k in buytheprice.com (Coupon Code: ICICI)

Screen quality, music and camera are much like iphone 4S.

TheLetterD

Will Power
The Xperia S WILL get JB, it has the same chipset as the ion and GX! So if these ones will get JB so will S, cant say about P though!

rider

as Kratos
Don't know when will they update new xperia's with ICS, JB is much far away.

Xperia P is nice VFM phone, but has a very poor battery life 1305MAh that is disappointing thing according to critics and reviews. There is not a single dual core phone in the market that comes with that much little battery.

HTC One X is an awesome phone, having the best graphics in a mobile device, uni-body metallic design, comes with in-built ICS, IPS LCD2 is outstanding, music qulity and camera are much like iphone 4S.

OP
coolest111

coolest111

Journeyman
i had that option of htc long back wen it was released but i did not like it much....i have it for a week(my cousin's)......

i'm sticking to my options listed they r listed after a long thought and analysis just could not decide b/w my 2nd and 3rd option....pls help me!!!

rider

as Kratos
40k iphone 4s 16gb (1yr apple india warranty) is highly recommended because of apple warranty. If you are spending that much better to buy with certified warranty.
FYI now apple device don't take much time to come apple ipad3 comes in a month or so. I think iphone 5 will definitely come in next month of US release.
BTW What things you hate about One X?

OP
coolest111

coolest111

Journeyman
that wat i was thinking wat if sum prob arises....so getting confused ( one of my frnd owns iPhone 4s w/o warranty n working f9 for almost a yr now...)
As far one x is concerned i don't like music on earphone,camera pic quality even apps get crashed many times......wat i like was big screen thats it.... tablets r gud for videos n gaming....

techlover

In the zone
15 days warranty for a 40k phone ??? Are you kidding??

If i was you i would have never gone for it :p

Go with manufacturers warranty only!

red dragon

Master troll
Dealer warranty=no warranty,but I do not really care about official warranty.

NEVER go for a phone with Dealer Warranty.
Also, I Guess its offtopic but I suggest you should stay away from the iPhone 4S.
I just bought the Sony Xperia P(23K) and I compared it with my friend's iPhone 4S. Although I didnt tell him this, but Xperia P blows the iPhone away.
I recommend you to go for the HTC ONE X if you have that kind of money(36K WITH 1 Year manufacturer warranty)
Believe me the iPhone 4S is only for people who want to make a style statement. Not those who want a good phone. And the iPhone WOULD probably be a good deal IF you could get one WITH manufacturer (ie Apple) warranty for 27K. 40K is WAY too overpriced.
Completely off topic,and I bet you have not used 4s:wink:as you ae comparing it with an Android,that too xperia P.
@o.p,go ahead with the dealer warranty.40K is way too much for a 16Gig 4s.
Just don`t brick it while jailbreaking.
I know atleast 10-15 people @ office,who are using 4s bought from US and European countries and they are working flawless(even mine is also doing great)

OP
coolest111

coolest111

Journeyman
i never got to use the warranty of any electronic product that i ever bought....
as far iPhone is concerned i too know arnd 10 ppl who bought frm ebay w/o warranty n have no prob...
just still in dilemma 16gb/32gb...coz 32gb is a steal @ that price.....

Apple iPhone 4s White (64GB)( Factory Unlocked ) | eBay

how is this? ? though i see it fishy.....

randomuser111

Technomancer
For android phone sony doesn't sale much worldwide also they deny or comes late with android updates. I had XperiaX10 and hesitated for late update. Better to take a look on HTC One X 32GB model, it will cost you 32k in buytheprice.com (Coupon Code: ICICI)

Screen quality, music and camera are much like iphone 4S.

Let me correct you there.

1. Sony is the second largest Android vendor after Samsung.
SOURCE

HTC and Huawei are tied third.

2. Since you mentioned X10, yes it was a mistake but in the year 2010. Also X10 was the only phone that got upgraded from Android 1.6 to Android 2.3.

3. ALL 2011 models received ICS updates. Sony was the only brand to upgrade its entire portfolio to ICS whereas other vendors like HTC and Samsung decided to upgrade only their high end phones. Only the Play was decided not be upgraded to ICS as ICS has incompatibility issues with most games and play is a gaming device first and a smartphone next.

But now Sony has decided to release ICS after all for those play owners that wanna take the risk. The ICS firmware for Play was certified last week. Not to mention ICS alpha for play was available since long already from Sony !

So contrary to your opinion, Sony is the only manufacturer that can be trusted on delivering the latest Android updates. Other vendors don't give a damn about their mid range and entry level droids. And Sony upgraded even a 13k LWW to ICS.

So next time don't post stuff that is completely different from REALITY.

And about the 2012 ICS upgrade schedule. Xperia S update has started, P will be getting it in the next week or so, Sola and U are expected to get the update by end of July.

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
@op,just make sure the 4s you buy is a FU piece.
Buying with Indian warranty only makes sense if you plan to sell it off within a year.
After one year a 32GB(non indian) will give you much better resale value than an official Indian one with 16gigs of storage.

techlover

In the zone
Let me correct you there.

1. Sony is the second largest Android vendor after Samsung.
SOURCE

HTC and Huawei are tied third.

2. Since you mentioned X10, yes it was a mistake but in the year 2010. Also X10 was the only phone that got upgraded from Android 1.6 to Android 2.3.

3. ALL 2011 models received ICS updates. Sony was the only brand to upgrade its entire portfolio to ICS whereas other vendors like HTC and Samsung decided to upgrade only their high end phones. Only the Play was decided not be upgraded to ICS as ICS has incompatibility issues with most games and play is a gaming device first and a smartphone next.

But now Sony has decided to release ICS after all for those play owners that wanna take the risk. The ICS firmware for Play was certified last week. Not to mention ICS alpha for play was available since long already from Sony !

So contrary to your opinion, Sony is the only manufacturer that can be trusted on delivering the latest Android updates. Other vendors don't give a damn about their mid range and entry level droids. And Sony upgraded even a 13k LWW to ICS.

So next time don't post stuff that is completely different from REALITY.

And about the 2012 ICS upgrade schedule. Xperia S update has started, P will be getting it in the next week or so, Sola and U are expected to get the update by end of July.

Just love your post :D .....same opinion here :)

Top Bottom