Urban Terror - Fun Over Realism

I'm in. please PM me the date, time n location... :grin:
no PMing needed here. A few posts back, bascillus found us a server(for Team Deathmatch) which is located in singapore, and hence has very good ping rate. We will often game there when we need Team DM.

But we still don't have anyone with their own server for this game, the way it is in the CS thread :(

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
The game rox!!!
BTW do we need some high end config to host a server? What abt connection type?

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
ok baccilus, how about some stratagy and triks here ? How the hell did you manage to act like you were completely familiar with a totally new map ?

High metal. Well I mostly used that G36 gun with the scope. And those people were attacking too much. So most of the times I just had to wait for them. Often they would be right in front when I spawned.

sure we did. It was awssome wasn't it ? But you got all the kills. I was more of a spray boy, who reduced most of their guys to 25-30% health, and then died. The rest took care of those loosers.

Or........ It may have been due to the bullets you sprayed. LOL :D Those people were totally noobish.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Downloaded the game and ready to play :D

note : i am known as The Conqueror in Urban Terror

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
256 should do. Actually it depends on the distance. Just ping that address and check for yourself.
By the way, the game rocks. It's a lotta fun. I and metalhead were on the same team and we rocked!!

I have only Airtel mobile office connection.It says 460.8 Kbps.Will it do?

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^sure will do.

The game rox!!!
BTW do we need some high end config to host a server? What abt connection type?
no high end config needed actually(the game is pretty old(opengl1.3 based) and anything like p4's+512mb ram is more than good enough).But you do need a good enough broadband connection to set up server,a simple 256kbps wont do:(.

Last edited:
I'm bit stuck here.. How do I set up a server... Something like hamachi or I have to buy web server?
neither. Just select the host game option, make it password protected, and give your password and IP to us. The game says "waiting for players" while you are the only guy in the map, but once we come in, you can start fragging and getting fragged.

if you still didn't understand, I wil post a screencast or give more detailed instructions.

update: just go to start server, select all rules and settings, along with map, game type, password, etc there. Before that, give us the password and your ip/server name. Then we play.

Last edited:

amitava82

MMO Addict
Another problem: I'm unable to start server. Whenever I click start server the game crashes. And I can not see any servers when I go to play online menu. I'm able to run demo though.. :(

Another problem: I'm unable to start server. Whenever I click start server the game crashes. And I can not see any servers when I go to play online menu. I'm able to run demo though.. :(
What OS do you use ? Which version did you install ? How did you install it ?
If it was the windows version, was it the exe installer or the zip file that also has executables for linux and mac ?

I think you need to click get new list to get a list of available online servers. I just finished kicking some @ss at a server.

Demo ? Was there a demo in the first place ?

amitava82

MMO Addict
Mint daryna(based on Ubuntu 7.10)
4.1 Zip.. Ok I can play online now. Had ports blocked on my router..
Demo is the tutorial video kinda thing....
But still the game crash when I try to start server.. Can anyone post a working cfg file so that I can check if that works..

amitava82

MMO Addict
Mine is Compaq laptop: 1.8GHz, 1GB RAM, Intel 945GM.. Could this be any more crappier!
Also sometimes I don't get sound at all.. and sometimes I get sound after about a minute once I'm on main menu..

Top Bottom