Urban Terror - Fun Over Realism

^^lol not now,I haven;t yet got the game:(,net was down whole night and mornings(some damn dns problem).
Too bad bro. Damn Internet Service Providers.

Anyway, here is a thing I noticed: Quake 3 based games have been downloaded a lot more times than normal since the Eee PC, the CloudBook, the gPC and the ClassMatePC have been released. Guess old skool gamin is still rocking.

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
Now??? Anyone online? i have got the game and installed it too.....

who is going to host a server?

Last edited:

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I checked this out just now. I think it was some singaporean server. Was getting a ping of around 150 (which is acceptable).
And yes, the game is quite good!!

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
^^ hey i tried that server too and the pings for me are abt 165~180 and while playing they stayed below 200.

So r u guys gonna be there wid the same id names? mine is iNFiNiTE there too.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I will have the same id there too- "baccilus". Tomorrow I am not sure. Come back from college a little late. Saturday and Sunday would be ideal. Still if I am home. I will see all of ya tomo :)

Last edited:
good. we got lots of guys now. That server is hence finilised. But I will usually be "Slayer", "Scilent_Assassin" or MetalheadGautham(least propable)

I wish I could play it, but I have a small problem tonight:

1. Everybody is sleeping, I can't use the speakers
2. My headphones are damaged. The Right Ear is not working
3. To repair them I need a small star screw driver
4. The ones I have are either too small or too big.
5. I painstakingly managed to get one screw out.
6. Two More to Go.
7. I am really mad now :mad:

Last edited:

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
No problem. Atleast Saturday Sunday is final. I too have to give a presentation tomorrow so I am preparing for that. Hope this server is still there on Saturday and Sunday.

WTF ? I realised that my "extra large" screwdriver was the best thing to use, on these "extra small" screws.

I am currently repairing headphones. Will update when gaming is possible.

UPDATE: I fixed it ! Was out of feviquick, but celloptape did the trick !
Now I am heading over to that lovely server for some gaming. Bye Bye !

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
There was a thread on this earlier,which explained of adding bots to make it single player.Will notify you if i get any solution on that.

Also i havent been in online gaming,but i will be ready to jump in to it.How much kbps connection is required?

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
256 should do. Actually it depends on the distance. Just ping that address and check for yourself.
By the way, the game rocks. It's a lotta fun. I and metalhead were on the same team and we rocked!!

256 should do. Actually it depends on the distance. Just ping that address and check for yourself.
By the way, the game rocks. It's a lotta fun. I and metalhead were on the same team and we rocked!!
sure we did. It was awssome wasn't it ? But you got all the kills. I was more of a spray boy, who reduced most of their guys to 25-30% health, and then died. The rest took care of those loosers.

And yes, I am struggling on this stupid system. The game often lags, and the mouse is not sensitive enough(hate iball). guess I need to tweak stuff a bit here

ok baccilus, how about some stratagy and triks here ? How the hell did you manage to act like you were completely familiar with a totally new map ?

There was a thread on this earlier,which explained of adding bots to make it single player.Will notify you if i get any solution on that.

Also i havent been in online gaming,but i will be ready to jump in to it.How much kbps connection is required?
its simple, actually, to add bots in this game. The offitial website's FAQ mentions it(and gives link to a thread). But remember, bots are unstable, not available on all maps, and tend to crash, and hence not offitially supported. But they are being developed on, and a future version may have them fully implemented.

Infact, with the current enthusiasm shown in the game, you can expect that all of couter-strike's game modes too will be added here(this currently only has bombing. still need VIP, Escape and Hostage Rescue)

And yes, most importantly, the game won't be fun enough when played offline, unless you either suck, or you lack a good internet connectivity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom