UPS and Active PFC Power Supply compatibility table.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I agree with you but if there are huge number of negative reviews, I usually assume all of them can't be clueless. This, coupled with my own experience with APC, made me apprehensive. Anyways, I decided to go with APC again. Thanks!

I don't know how reliable this is but according to this, more than 80% reviews are high quality.
It is very reliable.

quicky008

Technomancer
i have an apc back ups 650 es and so far i have used the following psus with it:
Cooler master extreme 600w
Corsair Vx 450
Corsair vs 450
Corsair cx 450
Seasonic s12ii 620
plus a few generic ones from brands like frontech/foxin/intex etc.

i haven't run into any problems with either of them(such as system restarts/errors etc)even when the ups was running on battery.Some of the aforesaid PSUs feature active pfc too i think.The ups itself is roughly 11 years old at this point(bought it in 2007).

Update:Tested a corsair TX550m recently and that too seems to work just fine.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
i have an apc back ups 650 es and so far i have used the following psus with it:
Cooler master extreme 600w
Corsair Vx 450
Corsair vs 450
Corsair cx 450
Seasonic s12ii 620
plus a few generic ones from brands like frontech/foxin/intex etc.

i haven't run into any problems with either of them(such as system restarts/errors etc)even when the ups was running on battery.Some of the aforesaid PSUs feature active pfc too i think.The ups itself is roughly 11 years old at this point(bought it in 2007).

Just curious - how many times did you change the battery ?

quicky008

Technomancer
^twice till date.1st time was in 2014 i think-i got an original apc replacement battery but that lasted only about 2.5 years(the original factory installed battery had lasted way longer than that)-in early 2017 i replaced it once again with a generic exide battery as apc batteries were either unavailable or were priced too exorbitantly.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
PSU
Antec VP450P(2013-2018)
Antec BP300P(2015-) - used as a backup option only
Corsair CX450(2018 -)

UPS Model and Output Type
V-Guard Slender Plus 600 -300W(pseudo sine wave) -(2012-)

Comments
UPS has been running fine with all the 3 PSUs.

sinhead

Broken In
I was looking at Microtek UPS (Twin Guard Pro+ 1000VA). It says "Modified Sine Wave" in the description.
Will it run on an Invertor (sukam sinewave)?
Will it work with Seasonic s2 520?

Microtek 800va doesn't work with this PSU.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was looking at Microtek UPS (Twin Guard Pro+ 1000VA). It says "Modified Sine Wave" in the description.

Microtek 800va doesn't work with this PSU.

Stay clear from brands like Microtek - they ,may be cheaper but that is for a reason which is cheap quality.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz

It will depend upon your system load , house load and capacity of sinewave inverter ( how much Va?) .. It's not fixed and vary from PSU to PSU and system load

Running PC on sinewave inveter is much more safer than running on back UPS if you have ample capacity like 1500 Va or something.. And house load is not too much

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
In one of my rigs I use APC 800VA with Corsair CX500M. I recently upgraded my PSU to Corsair RM550x. On the 3rd day of after setting up the new PSU with CPU & MoBo power went off and my PC shut down. There was no back up provided by the UPS but the UPS kept making the noise it makes when it runs on battery. Since the PSU is new I doubt its the PSU which caused the problem. I have ordered the below UPS :
APC BX1100C-IN

Lets see if this one works fine with the RM550x.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I have tested an Antec VP650PM (active PFC) with 2 UPSes
1) CyberPower BU1000E-in
It sort of worked, but couldnt handle shutdown at loads AKA heavy gaming. This could be because the UPS was old stock (2016 month of import). The UPS had top notch build quality.

2) APC BX1000C-in
Very nice product, great build quality and worked perfectly with my Rig. Handled power offs at full load from a 1080 along with monitor plugged in. Also has a non battery surge plug which ive connected the speakers to.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
In one of my rigs I use APC 800VA with Corsair CX500M. I recently upgraded my PSU to Corsair RM550x. On the 3rd day of after setting up the new PSU with CPU & MoBo power went off and my PC shut down. There was no back up provided by the UPS but the UPS kept making the noise it makes when it runs on battery. Since the PSU is new I doubt its the PSU which caused the problem. I have ordered the below UPS :
APC BX1100C-IN

Lets see if this one works fine with the RM550x.

Amazon has a no return policy for APC UPSes so be wary my friend.

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Also check the manufacturing date,if it is more than a year old then most likely it will come with degraded batteries.
I got the UPS today evening. Manufactured date is June 2018. Charged it for couple of hours til the charging led was off. Then switched on the PC and switched off the wall switch. PC was on. Guess that APC 800BE-IND is not compatible with RM550x.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got the UPS today evening. Manufactured date is June 2018. Charged it for couple of hours til the charging led was off. Then switched on the PC and switched off the wall switch. PC was on. Guess that APC 800BE-IND is not compatible with RM550x.
Your earlier posts say psu is CX500M?

ssb1551

Technomancer
Check the 2nd statement in that post. I changed the CM500M to RM550x - thats when the problem arose. Otherwise UPS had no problem with CX500M.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I knew I was forgetting something.

I think it is too random & not worth time to go into depth regarding this ups+psu issue after my own experience(iball 600va ups+cx550). I tried everything spending days experimenting ,discussed it over 12 pages in jonnyguru thread & finally in the end the issue somehow resolved on its own without doing anything on my part!

ssb1551

Technomancer
Similar thing had happened with me when I used APVC 600 UPS with Corsair CX500M. I replaced the battery thinking the battery is faulty but it turned out that the UPS was underpowered. I had to buy the 800BE UPS from APC. Now again. Sigh!!

Top Bottom