Undersea Cable cut again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Millions of people across the Middle East and Asia have lost access to the internet after two undersea cables in the Mediterranean suffered severe damage.
Huge numbers in Egypt and India were left struggling to get online as a result of the outage, when the major internet pipeline between Egypt and Italy was cut.
Internet Service Providers (ISPs) throughout the region, including those in United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, also reported problems. International telephone calls, which have also been affected, are being rerouted to work around the problem

Sources: *technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/the_web/article5372294.ece

and

*news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10127123-94.html

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Are these things deliberate?
I agree that for it to be deliberate, we'd need hybrid Scuba Divers from Greenland. Yeah yeah, carefully bred over decades..

Last edited:
OP
kalpik

kalpik

So in total 3 cables cut and India is 82% out of service :|
*www.circleid.com/posts/20081219_undersea_cables_cuts_europe_asia/

Arun the Gr8

Journeyman
Oh so this is y my rapidshare/megaupload downloads are crawling... *www.msgking.com/images/emoticons/smileys/smileys15.gif torrent downloads are okay though, reach a max of 70 KBps.. *www.msgking.com/images/emoticons/smileys/smileys78.gif

OP
kalpik

kalpik

82% out of service means that 82% bandwidth is affected. Not that 82% of connections are down!

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Hmm cut again? Nothing seems abnormal here now, but yesterday evening I wasn't able to open the forum at all, some sites opened fine, some didn't. Possibly for the same reason, or not.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Yesterday I also doubted something amiss after I got a platry 4-5 KBps download speed in rapidshare. But otherwise my BSNL home 500 was quite Ok. Today morning also I got download speeds of nearly 182 KBps in mediafire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom