Ubuntu-My new primary OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Take My advice if you are into serious gaming then Linux is not for you.
There is always dual boot. IMO, dual booting will be much better than wine cos wine won't be able to play all your game properly. Remember it's just an implementation of a closed source OS, older apps may work very well, but with newer apps, and especially games you'll be better off using windows for the same.

Hey guyz i have a question abt windows.Y'day a popup came for selecting some sound device and i clicked cancel and do not show again,now i am getting no sound in XP.How do i get sound back in xp???Im getting the sound in ubunt:Du

@sunny: can you please tell me the theme you used ?

Hey guyz i have a question abt windows.Y'day a popup came for selecting some sound device and i clicked cancel and do not show again,now i am getting no sound in XP.How do i get sound back in xp???Im getting the sound in ubunt:Du
go to sound settings in control pannel

Last edited:
@Gautham- No help in control panel.
BTW i used this emerald theme - *gnome-look.org/content/show.php/SlicknesS+Emerald?content=73972
I had to do a 'emerald --replace' to get the themes working.
there are many cool themes on gnome-look.org and many awesome wallies on interfacelift.com to make ur ubuntu look better than Mac OSX also.
@T159-i installled the latest drivers just 5 mins ago.It doesnt help:(

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
There is always dual boot. IMO, dual booting will be much better than wine cos wine won't be able to play all your game properly. Remember it's just an implementation of a closed source OS, older apps may work very well, but with newer apps, and especially games you'll be better off using windows for the same.
For the dual booting systems.
IMO its a bad idea, as you always seem to be booted into the wrong Os.Computers are cheap these days, there is no point why you should put yourself to this endless trouble.

For the dual booting systems.
IMO its a bad idea, as you always seem to be booted into the wrong Os.Computers are cheap these days, there is no point why you should put yourself to this endless trouble.
I dont face any such probs but someone fugging help me out with sound on XP:mad::mad:
BTW i tried mac4lin :D
here it is- *www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/5837/Screenshot.png

for full view- *www.imgx.org/pfiles/5837/Screenshot.png

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Just goto device manager and see for an unknown device/audio controller marked with a yellow exclamation. Right click and uninstall that device. Now reboot, windows will ask for the driver again. Install the correct driver and your problem would be solved.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
More than any other OS:D:D:D

@infra-U seem to haev gone thru all the probs that im suffreing!!
u solved my ubuntu prob and now this soung prob too

thats wat i told u, go into device manager and reinstall the driver for yellow icon marked entries :D

thats wat i told u, go into device manager and reinstall the driver for yellow icon marked entries :D
U told something else leave it i got my sound device working and i have posted soem assassin's creed screens in the upcoming games thread in teh gamerz section:D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
U told something else leave it i got my sound device working and i have posted soem assassin's creed screens in the upcoming games thread in teh gamerz section:D
k i concur that i was too terse in my reply, but the last part was obvious to understand :D

Will be seeing ur screenies shortly :)

WTF!!
net is not working on ubunut,though its working on XP.I use bridged mode on ubuntu as well as and it works gr8.
I use sudo pppoeconf in ubuntu.From last 3-4 boots into ubuntu the net is not working at all.i have tried the other lan card too but no help.Plz help guyz plzz

Pathik

Google Bot
Was it working before and not working now or it didn't ever work?

Lucky you. I wish I could run Ubuntu on my PC with the GPU on.

Last edited:
Was it working before and not working now or it didn't ever work?

Lucky you. I wish I could run Ubuntu on my PC with the GPU on.

it is not running only now.which gpu u have??i think i can help

YAY,i got the net working!!im getting hold of linux!!
@pathik-which GPU u use?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom