QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Easy access to torrents ...

Ubuntu "Gutsy Gibbon" 7.10

Released - 18th October 2007

Download

Torrents:

Desktop
  • :arrow: 32-Bit Edition Desktop Live CD (Live + Install)
  • :arrow: 32-Bit Edition Desktop Alternate CD (Just Install)
  • :arrow: 64-Bit Edition Desktop Live CD (Live + Install)
  • :arrow: 64-Bit Edition Desktop Alternate CD (Just Install)

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Ubuntu 7.10 Is Here:Get it now !

*www.imgx.org/pfiles/848/ubuntu.pngUbuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) was released a few minutes ago, and it's my deepest pleasure to introduce you guys to the new features to be found in this version of Ubuntu (which is based on the GNOME desktop environment) and also to the features from Kubuntu (same as Ubuntu, but based on the popular KDE desktop environment).

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/2309/4.gif​

The latest and greatest GNOME 2.20 which contains many new features and improvements.

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/2654/twiouih-large_002.png​

Compiz Fusion will be activated by default, immediately after you install the video drivers for your graphics card.

Ubuntu (7.04 Feisty Fawn) introduced a new fantastic function, that immediately tried to find all the necessary video and audio codecs when you wanted to view a video file with Totem; today however, you will get all the necessary codecs with a single mouse click. How? With the Ubuntu restricted extras package that can be found in the Add/Remove Programs application.

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/2651/1.gif *www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/2652/2.gif *www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/2653/11.gif

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/2656/twiouih-large_010.png​

Even for the AMD64/EMT64 architecture, it is now very easy to install the Adobe Flash Player 9 with a single mouse click!

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/1553/ubuntualpha5-3.png​

Fast user switching is a brand new function, implemented in Ubuntu 7.10, and which will help you easily switch between user sessions without the inconvenience of entering your username or password numerous times.

*www.imgx.org/pfiles/2306/ubuntubeta-1.png

• Dynamic screen configuration including dynamic monitor detection, and resizing and rotating of the video output is included in this Beta release.
  • Graphical configuration tool for X that allows you to set up dual monitors, change the default resolution for all users or change your monitor’s refresh rate without having to turn to the terminal;
*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/1551/ubuntualpha5-1.png *www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/1552/ubuntualpha5-2.png

Universe and Multiverse repositories are enabled by default now, so you don't have to go and enable them when you follow a guide to install something, or to install your favorite applications.

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/2657/twiouih-large_016.png​

There's a new search known as Desktop Search , and it's called Tracker. It allows quick access to your common actions, including opening web bookmarks and searches, sending messages to your contacts, and more. Tracker makes your life easier, as it provides faster search for your documents, music, videos, photos, chat logs, and many other files.

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/2655/twiouih-large_003.png​

This new version of Ubuntu, expect improved NTFS writing to be enabled by default, power consumption to be very kind with your laptop (more battery life and burn-free laps), encrypted hard disks and AppArmor security framework, the new kernel technology that limits the resources an application is allowed to access.

Download: Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon)
Ship it : Order Ubuntu 7.10 Now! Free

Last edited:

din

Tribal Boy
@john3488

Ask someone near ur area who has fast internet to download it for you. Or use This Thread to request members of this forum. People will help you for sure.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
john3488 said:
Oh god, i am on dialup :( :( , i will have to wait for it to come out on digit.
if want i can send it to you!
as you don't have net, i would suggest to go for linux mint

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^hmm...yea man you need to download codecs to play most media files.

I have a question to all you guys:Now as you know a net connection is required to download codecs to play most media files in Ubuntu this is a big turnoff to most people not having any net connection.I face a lot of problems when I distribute Ubuntu Cds(I made several copies of fiesty fawn to distribute in my class)...When I tell them that they will need to download codecs to play even mp3 files....The people having net connection goes like uhh..wtf?

Now I have several questions:
1.I can download .deb file for codecs but it is not feasible to provide them in additional CD to all of them so is there any way to integrate these codes in the same cd?
2.Digit provides atleast 1 distro every month....Is there any way to 'extract' distro from the bootable DVDs and burn them into Cds(I am planning to make Mint CDs).Unfortunately I don't have unlimited net connection.
3.How can I increase Linux awareness in my college?I mean even after you put up in all the notice boards that I am providing free Linux CDs not many students come up.This is very disheartening.Another day on of my close friends asked for Fiesty fawn CDs so I made one and gave it to him and the very next day he returned me my CD...I said what happened din't you like it?He said he has made .iso file and will use it later...This is inspite of the fact that I had explained in detail to him that he can 'try' this livecd before actually installing it...It is so difficult to generate interest specially in your nearest friends even if you provide them free CDs and DVDs.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
The_Devil_Himself said:

I have a question to all you guys:Now as you know a net connection is required to download codecs to play most media files in Ubuntu this is a big turnoff to most people not having any net connection.I face a lot of problems when I distribute Ubuntu Cds(I made several copies of fiesty fawn to distribute in my class)...When I tell them that they will need to download codecs to play even mp3 files....The people having net connection goes like uhh..wtf?

1.I can download .deb file for codecs but it is not feasible to provide them in additional CD to all of them so is there any way to integrate these codes in the same cd?
2.Digit provides atleast 1 distro every month....Is there any way to 'extract' distro from the bootable DVDs and burn them into Cds(I am planning to make Mint CDs).Unfortunately I don't have unlimited net connection.
3.How can I increase Linux awareness in my college?I mean even after you put up in all the notice boards that I am providing free Linux CDs not many students come up.This is very disheartening.Another day on of my close friends asked for Fiesty fawn CDs so I made one and gave it to him and the very next day he returned me my CD...I said what happened din't you like it?He said he has made .iso file and will use it later...This is inspite of the fact that I had explained in detail to him that he can 'try' this livecd before actually installing it...It is so difficult to generate interest specially in your nearest friends even if you provide them free CDs and DVDs.
Third point, people are so obsessed with windows that they think linux is also windows.

Also people tend to oppose the change even its for their good

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
1. Yes do that! Crank up your Ubuntu to full power with all things installed and then install APTOnCD and make an update CD and pass it on to your friends :) About the same CD, there are ways I think but they're quite complicated ... You can instead go with Linux Mint or Ubuntu Ultimate etc the easy way.

2. Don't know about this, don't have a Digit DVD around to try ..

3. I got no clue, I just gave up. I'm happy for myself :\

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
The_Devil_Himself said:

1) try this *sourceforge.net/projects/uck

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Thanks for the replies guys

QwertyManiac said:
1. Yes do that! Crank up your Ubuntu to full power with all things installed and then install APTOnCD and make an update CD and pass it on to your friends :) About the same CD, there are ways I think but they're quite complicated ... You can instead go with Linux Mint or Ubuntu Ultimate etc the easy way.
Yea man I can get ubuntu ultimate but it is quite big and it will need DVDs to burn onto....This will put more strees on my already stressed pocket.

3. I got no clue, I just gave up. I'm happy for myself :\
Well I feel like that I should give something back to them.....and this is the least I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.