ubuntu gets stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

shobankr

Broken In
Hi guys
I am back with another ubuntu question!!!! last week I upgraded to the latest version of Ubuntu!

But my PC gets stuck and does not respond after some time..(the interval changes)...

Nothing works.. and I have to press the bower button to restart or shutdown. What could be the reason?

Is there any way to kill the process which are not responding by any ke combinations (like ctrl+del+alt in windows?

Thanks
Shoban

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Hi guys
I am back with another ubuntu question!!!! last week I upgraded to the latest version of Ubuntu!

But my PC gets stuck and does not respond after some time..(the interval changes)...

Nothing works.. and I have to press the bower button to restart or shutdown. What could be the reason?

Is there any way to kill the process which are not responding by any ke combinations (like ctrl+del+alt in windows?

Thanks
Shoban
when your system gets stuck.
*Restarting X server by ALT+CTRL+BACKSPACE
*Press ALT + F1 and check for error messages(if any), if none then you can login and stop process via kill command
*Lastly safely reboot your PC via Pressing ALT+ PrintScreen(it is in right of F12)+R+U+I+S+E+B

Pat

Beyond Smart
So how has been ur experience with hardy ? Installed 32-bit or 64-bit ? I have got a similar lappy as urs and am using 64-bit which works like a charm :)

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Upgrading Ubuntu is always a bit risky!!! Sometimes the mouse won't work, System
freezes etc.,
Better backup all the data to another partition or DVD. Download Ubuntu 8.04
& do a fresh install.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Upgrading Ubuntu is always a bit risky!!! Sometimes the mouse won't work, System
freezes etc.,
Better backup all the data to another partition or DVD. Download Ubuntu 8.04
& do a fresh install.
Buddy, not really.
If problems have you come then they can even pop after a fresh install, as in my case.

These days its pretty safe to do a dist-upgrade

unni

In the zone
This is from my experience. After installing Kubuntu 7.04, I started messing around and some how changed the swap partition. Then, the system started freezing after some time. Finally, with the help of guys here, I figured out that swap partition was not mounted. Mounted it properly and problem was solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom