Ubuntu 8.04 Alpha 2 Released !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
The second alpha release of the upcoming Ubuntu 8.04 (codename Hardy Heron) was released last night. This alpha comes with HOT new features and improvements, like PulseAudio as the default sound system, the latest and greatest 2.6.24 Linux kernel and Xorg 7.3, with an emphasis on better autoconfiguration without config files:"The Ubuntu developers are moving very quickly to bring you the absolute latest and greatest software the Open Source Community has to offer. Hardy Heron Alpha 2 is the second alpha release of Ubuntu 8.04, and with this new alpha release comes a whole host of excellent new features."

*img253.imageshack.us/img253/1481/ubuntutanbv4.jpg​

New features in Ubuntu 8.04 Alpha 2
  1. Xorg 7.3
  2. Linux kernel 2.6.24
  3. PulseAudio :D;)
Download: Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (Hardy Heron) Alpha 2
Source : Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) alpha 2 officially released

P.S : Image courtesy Ars Technica :p

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Hopefully someone of the d00dies here will actually use it and give some review., and I mean install and use, not just the Live! cd thing. :p

Edit: agreed its an alpha full of bugs and instability but still.

Hitboxx said:
Hopefully someone of the d00dies here will actually use it and give some review., and I mean install and use, not just the Live! cd thing. :p

Edit: agreed its an alpha full of bugs and instability but still.
Why don't YOU do it?:p

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
LoL, I'd love to but this pathetic internet of mine sucks right now and I'm changing it for the new year. Airtel can't setup a connection here (feasibility issues) so I've applied for Tata irrespective of whatever anyone has to say online about it. No BSNL coz I don't have phone and not planning to for now.

So can't download the alpha and test it:p

Hitboxx said:
LoL, I'd love to but this pathetic internet of mine sucks right now and I'm changing it for the new year. Airtel can't setup a connection here (feasibility issues) so I've applied for Tata irrespective of whatever anyone has to say online about it. No BSNL coz I don't have phone and not planning to for now.

So can't download the alpha and test it:p
Then I can mail it to you:p

praka123

left this forum longback
from my debian sid experiance,pulse audio with flash9beta works great,but a glitch is when u right click for "settings" in the flash object inside browser,browser crashes :( already reported to BTS of both adobe flash and Pulse audio community :) let's see.
FYI aspirant pulse audio users:
You need to have libflashsupport installed in /usr/lib for pulse working smooth with flash :) I have uploaded libflashsupport.so&libflashsupport.la in the pulse audio thread in OSS section

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
i had alpha 1 for couple of days, i must say it was pretty stable. what i liked it was pulse, damm cool.first alpha are not that buggy, when some says unstable it means that all packages will get daily updates from upstream.i had daily updates of about 70mb every thing. till alpha 1, Ubuntu = debian sid, now with alpha 2 real ubuntu starts;)
its quite a fun using bleeding edge softwares.

Pulse offers compiz like sound effects, like when you run two media player at same time, the one in background will have 20% volume & the one in foreground will have 80% volume. apart from this pulse also promises custom settings at application level, so all your players can be set to different volume.

Warning: If you are worried that hardy might broke, that it is broken for you. don't use it

If you are here to ask questions such as "what repositories do i use?", "is hardy going to break for me?", or update without checking what is to be updated, DO NOT RUN HARDY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom