• Dunno.I haven't interacted with them much

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

expertno.1

Technomancer
an what to call the north-eatern ones ?...the biharis specially ?

they are always taken as bad ones all over india even if they aren't......

they are treated as the piece of all jokes and less oppurtunities.....

they are always looked in a way of suspicion.....

kumarmohit

Technomancer
You know about this language thing guys, sometimes i feel that everyone in Idia should be taught every language mentioned in the constitution. Then I remeber the days I went to school and that this would be a crazy idea!

But cmon in nrth India we are taught our regional language, english hindi and sanskrit. I mean that the best idea is that all the ppl in India should learn English and their regional/family language as the first and second lang and hindi and sanskrit as a third and fourth (with the last tow only for languge familiarisation or so say 5 years).

faraaz

Evil Genius
@OP: From reading your post this is what I could pick up:

1) You are naive...I'd be surprised if you are older than 16...if you are, you should know better...

2) You are prejudiced and judgmental. Not your fault, its the fault of your xenophobic environment.

3) You are racist as all hell, and that is obvious from the generalisations you make about South Indians and the army, their culture and their inability to speak Hindi. Just because its the national language, you think everyone should speak it? You should really crawl out from under your rock and look around a bit. In Germany for example, did you know that the people in Bavaria speak a completely different kind of German which people in non-Bavaria don't understand a word of?

Or for example in Switzerland, people speak French, German, Italian, Rhaeto-Romanic and 16 different types of Schweizer-Deutsch and often many people only speak ONE of these many languages?? Its called CULTURAL F**KING DIFFERENCE you narrow minded, racist halfwit!

You know what makes ME angry? That people like you are allowed breath the free air of our country. And for your reference, I'm from Hyderabad and speak fluent English, Hindi, Urdu, Telugu, Kannada and German. Especially considering I scored 90+ in a board exam last time I took Hindi, I'm willing to bet my Hindi is way better than yours. How's that for a South Indian mate?

Last edited:

prasad_den

Padawan
@OP: The generalisations you have made based on the 3 or 4 tamil/malayalee/ south indians you have met is completely unacceptable. In a country as diverse as India, language and cultural divides are greater than expected, but as someone above has said, tolerance is needed for unity amongst this diversity.
FYKI, people being more studious, reserved and "non-cooperative" is based entirely on his/her mentality and does not reflect his community/state as a whole. If you had met me, I'm sure you would be more convinced about your theories, because as such I'm a reserved person, I don't open conversations, and I hate crowds and partying. But that's my mentality, and I don't represent the entire state of tamil nadu. Most of my friends in college are so outspoken, and good conversationalists that they make friends out of strangers in no time. If you had met even one of them, you would have doubts about your statements.
And about your other statements..
1. Many people in SI enjoy North Indian food. In fact Naan and butter panneer masala is one of the hot favorites in many hotels. We enjoy masala puri, pani puri, and other chaat foods as much as a northerner does...
2. People in SI not working in country-serving jobs.... thats BS.
3. Hindi is our "undisputed" national language ... Thats even more BS..!!

NucleusKore

TheSaint
ratedrsuperstar said:
nucleuskore-> i'm not saying u should learn all of hindi but atleast "try".the constitution in english is fine.but u have to understand while having vocal con.

When our constitution which guarantees our freedom was written in English by our founding fathers why not make it the national language? I think I have a valid question. Why Hindi? I have seen native Hindi speakers among my classmates when I was studying, and now among my students, have some aversion to the English language. Its why they find the study of medicine so difficult. Its really sad to see them struggle through the course. A good number of them did their +2 in Hindi too. How many politicians who advocate education in the vernacular medium actually send their children to those schools? Its time you all opened your eyes.

praka123 said:
@nucleus:many Malayalees pretent to be not knowing other languages ;) count me too......
Malayali's always want to differentiate them with others(my opin!).most points u said are true.

I appreciate your honesty

eminemence

Journeyman
T159 said:
the only thing that bothers me is that people relate themselves to the culture and their locality.
The root cause for all evil.

Cant there be no religion and no boundary, can we hav something in common and thats humanity.

I wanna smack hard the person who made religion and separated by boundary and beliefs, ****ing maggots.
Does the IDEA ad seem toooooo relevant in our times???
--eminemence.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
now the cause of my emotional rage-ppl frm TN and Kerala.all three of my frnds from these states are to be precise very selfish and egoistic.all they care abt is their family and their lives.they come to enjoy with us and then leave and always give the impression they don't give a **** abt even thinking of their frnds when we don't meet.i don't think any of them has made even a small sacrifice for us.even their parents treat us like some retards who hang around their prodigies.

So you amazingly deducted this about people from Kerala and Tamil Nadu from the way your 3 friends behave? you sir are either astonishingly ignorant or your just being one of the biggest racist's I have ever seen. My answer to the above is either your friends are morons (How many friends do you have anyway 3+4 = 7?). Or you are expecting something astoundingly foolish.

i even don't understand why these guyz are so obsessed with studying.they and their parents always think of becoming someone from studying and earning well but and never get tired of singing their praises.i think they treat fun like a fixed pass-time.i don't think the've ever sacrificed a day of their academic period enjoying without careing for their studies.no wonder u guyz are the top persons in academics.Same is the story with all their relationship with others.

Wake up! Enjoyment and everything else is a persons own choice. If a person feels comfortable studying than good for him.

u guyz talk of the tech advancements but never have u been a part of the country serving jobs like military.and why the hell would a south-indian organiser put up a bharatnatyam dance in a show when it's not at all entertaining like most folk dances.can't u keep ur traditions to urself and value the common good.U don't even bother to learn proper or even broken hindi.u do realize it's our undisputed national language.why so pride in Rajnikant's success?in your I.T companies? in A.R Rahman?why can't u think of them as sons of india than "hamare south-india ka hai"<plz translate in ur lang>why do u remain indifferent to common problems in India even if ur state hasn't?why so much fanboyism?

Culture - *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture . before you post anything else read this. Further try to apply for the Bush Administration they could use a person like you. India is a country based on traditions and culture , who in the world ever put you to judge it? By the way , what even makes you think that you are qualified to make such a conclusion.

I will give you one point though, what in the world is with this Malayalee, Tamilian, North Indian blah blah blah. Ive been to a few countries and yet I have to see a person being graded based on the state he comes from. I guess the main reason for this is the abundance of people like YOU.

Although I haven't learned Hindi ( I was raised in the US) personally I know how to read although finding meaning takes a bit of time. Most Educated people in South India wouldn't give a darn about how Rajini is doing in his movies. Tell me sir, do you know what the common problems of India? let me give you one of the main ones . Ignorant people like you.

By the way ""hamare south-india ka hai"<plz translate in ur lang>" i can read this if I wrote it In Malayalam or Tamil could you do the same considering you havent learned it. Come down from your might abode and see if you can put the money where your mouth is.

Personally, I was enraged by seeing myself (Im from South India) discriminated by a person who spews forth so much hate for any random reason that I didn't read the whole thread and felt compelled to post my contribution.

Conclusion: Your post is demoralizing, ignorant and is an insult to mankind. Please delete yourself.

EDIT ----------------------

That way I have a few friends, malayalees again, brought up outside Kerela. Those were the only boys who bothered to learn the local language/culture. They have a very different outlook.

I might have to agree with this as well. In fact I would personally tell them they need a wakeup call and get their act straight if they intend to be doctors in India. Hell Ive seen doctors in US trying to learn languages which aren't remotely related to where they live. This country will only grow to extraordinary heights until people stop this segregation of people based on Language, Culture and State.

1. Many people in SI enjoy North Indian food. In fact Naan and butter panneer masala is one of the hot favorites in many hotels. We enjoy masala puri, pani puri, and other chaat foods as much as a northerner does...

Mmmmm Butter Panneer masala...

Last edited:
the english=british, hindi=patriotic feeling has not gone. thats why indian fanboys(ye sab desh, rajya, adi mai bhi hotha hai) in general are a bit backward.

look at reality. for several perposes like computers, calculators, mobiles, etc having a limited number of non modifyable symbols is good.

in karnataka, they say you can learn better in kannada than in english(we still have anti other culture facism here) but look at me. being a palakad tamilian(mallu + tamil) who later went to gujrat, learnt hindi, then came to karnataka and learnt kannada, my language of thought and my most perfect language is still english. for me it has become the mother tongue.

and the national language culture does not suit a multi lingo nation like India.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^ easy man
you cant blame people for all this.
Dont feel insecured and frustrated.

crystal_pup said:
Yeah South Indians only think about themselves...They are not at all good as friends...They r egoistic...They s***
and northies Rock? get real. its not about sout or north but about personality. its a different fact that each culture encourages a different type of personality, but still...

praka123

left this forum longback
north indians expects everyone to speak Hindi(personal experiance).that sucks! :rolleyes: next, north indians expect South India as some dark corner(leave Bangalore) another suck.North Indians and India gov forces south indians esp malayali's and tamils to learn Hindi.Fxxx u!:x never expect all south indians to learn Hindi or Marathi or Punjabi or Sindhi or bhojpuri :x if u think Hindi/Urdu is great,keep it with u or in ur closet,not to South Indians,they are having different culture and customs.ENGLISH Must be our official language.there is no ego problem.just accept it,we,majority south indians except few Andhra,Mangalore,north kannada-DONT WANT HINDI IMPOSITION :x better learn English and prosper.It is a global language.
Hindians are a pain on the azz :x
India does not have an official 'National' language, although many parts of the country, particularly the Hindi-speaking belt consider Hindi as National Language. Officially, the central government has both Hindi and English as official language for communication with the states. The states can choose their official language (as spoken by majority) along with English. Today, many confuse the original 'Anti-Hindi' imposition for official purposes to anti-Hindi language use.
In an address in 1962, former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister C N Annadurai made the following statements opposing Hindi imposition: "It is claimed that Hindi should be common language because it is spoken by the majority. Why should we then claim the tiger as our national animal instead of the rat which is so much more numerous? Or the peacock as our national bird when the crow is ubiquitous?"
Annadurai also said,
"Since every school in India teaches English, why can't it be our link language? Why do Tamils have to study English for communication with the world and Hindi for communications within India? Do we need a big door for the big dog and a small door for the small dog? I say, let the small dog use the big door too!" [2]
Most of the people in Tamilnadu feel that if Hindi enters their land, their classical language and ancient culture/tradition would be no more, citing cities like Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad where the native language is rendered nearly auxiliary; in any of these cities it is entirely possible to live without knowing the native language with Hindi serving as lingua franca; in so much that both political and non-political organizations alike have expressed concerns over the future of their respective languages and cultures
Anti-Hindi agitations in Tamilnadu:
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Hindi_agitations

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
crystal_pup said:
Yeah South Indians only think about themselves...They are not at all good as friends...They r egoistic...They s***
ROFL LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

:)):)):))

abey, apne ghar ke bahar aa aur duniya ko dekh, phir comments kur.

you meet two or three ppl & post this here.

btw why is that everyone says that all other ppl shud learn hindi & blah blah blaaaaaaaah :|

why cant YOU learn othr lang.?

if, say a south indian (si) gets a job in mumbai, delhi..., you say he shud learn hindi, its okay, coz its their mother tounge & ...

but when a north indian (ni) comes to SI (chennai, ...) you still say all these ppl shud learn hindi :| for YOU!!!
WTF is tat?
& our crystal_pup say "South Indians only think about themselves" :|

yeah right.

why cant we live in peace?

all the posters here are young & look at how hey DIFFERENTIATE amongst themselves.
now THAT SUCKS ASSSSSSSSSss

YOUNG Indians, future of India. :|
yeah right :|

now where's Gaurav_Indian?
oye, aa aur sab ko samjhao ki hum sab Indian hai.

btw atleast some ppl in si know hindi (shopkeepers, auto rickshaw...), but nobody knows any si lang. up in north:p , why?

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
stupid Indians.

I know some south indian guys and they are 1.)generally nice,2.)cooperative,3.)extremely hard working,4.)sometimes act conservative and selfish maybe cos it is all different for them here.
But they all try to speak Hindi which I appreciate(though we sometimes laugh at their use of strange native words).I sometimes wonder how will I manage to work\live in some south state without knowing any of the native tongue,of course english binds us all together but common people don't know much of english either.

But since India is to fugging huge such cultural and linguistic(?,lol) differences are bound to happen.But passing judgement based on limited no. of cases is stupidity.I have seen my south Indian friends acting meaner and selfish but I have also seen 'best friends' kicking my balls at the time when I needed them the most.So its basic Human nature I guess and not regional characteristics.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
crystal_pup said:
South Indians suck a big time...They dont even know how to speak proper Hindi (Even though its our national language!)...
I have a guy in my team who is frm southern part of india n he doesnt even knw how to talk properly in hindi...ha ha...His hindi makes me lauf...ha ha

Say or "lauf" (my what atrocious spelling) as much as you want. Your Hindi cannot be forced on anyone.

Like I said earlier, when the constitution of this country which guarantees our rights and freedoms was written in English, and continues to be amended in english, your idea of achieving a pan Hindi speaking country is a utopian dream.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
crystal_pup said:
South Indians are selfish,greedy,egoistic etcetera...Whatever may be the reason but these guys are highly successful in life...And the most important thing is that they can speak english very well...I work for HSBC and i am currently in UK...And in here i have seen that many Indians, who are working out here, are mainly from south india...I hate them!

PS :- I share my room with a south indian guy...You just cant believe how much i hate him! :D
lol..u feel so much insecured, and dont act like crybaby.

You are not really making things simpler.

Please ignore him guys he has been spoon fed all his lifetime so cant stand a chance to life realities and just want to blame on someone else to get rid of his responisbilites.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
crystal_pup said:
South Indians are selfish,greedy,egoistic etcetera...Whatever may be the reason but these guys are highly successful in life...And the most important thing is that they can speak english very well...I work for HSBC and i am currently in UK...And in here i have seen that many Indians, who are working out here, are mainly from south india...I hate them!

PS :- I share my room with a south indian guy...You just cant believe how much i hate him! :D
LOL

i guess ur room mate must hav OWNED u real BAD:p in something.

with friends like you who needs an enemy.:p

no wonder Britain was so succesful in fuking India for 150+ years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom