TV Tuner Advice

saswat23

Human Spambot
I want to buy a TV Tuner, probably an External one. But my question is can i watch TV on my Monitor without turning on the rest of my system.
I want to use it with my 22'' LCD monitor which only has a VGA output.
And which one would be a good choice under 1.5k.
At max i can stretch it to 2k.
Plz help.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes. if you buy an external (non usb) tv tuner you can watch tv without turning your system on. Buy external tuner that supports the resolution of your LCD monitor. Pixel View Box 8 External TV Tuner sells for Rs 1,950 and has all the requirements you need.

lordirecto

In the zone
^ Oh. I guess you will have to get a component to VGA convertor or coaxial to VGA connector. It depends on your TV Tuner.

lordirecto

In the zone
^ Depends on manufacturer. I think a cheapo will do the job for you. I dont see any advantage in going for a high quality convertor.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Sorry guys for bumping into an old thread. Looking for a good External TV Tuner Card for my Dell ST2220M. Got hold of Tech Com from my cousin. However the audio quality is poor.
I would want to go for another one provided it would be better than current Tech Com one that I have. Budget is around 2k.

d3p

PowerHouse
I want to buy a TV Tuner, probably an External one. But my question is can i watch TV on my Monitor without turning on the rest of my system.
I want to use it with my 22'' LCD monitor which only has a VGA output.
And which one would be a good choice under 1.5k.
At max i can stretch it to 2k.
Plz help.

You can buy a normal Intex or UMAX External TV Tuner from any local computer Shop, min will be 900 - max 1.5k with FM.

ajayritik

Technomancer
^^Get this
Buy AVerMedia | AVerTV Volar GO TV Tuner Card

Bro though it looks sleek I think I need to have my PC on all the time to watch TV which maybe additional Power usage. Would prefer not having to switch on the PC and watch TV.

You can buy a normal Intex or UMAX External TV Tuner from any local computer Shop, min will be 900 - max 1.5k with FM.

If the suggestion is for me as well I don't think either are good especially the audio quality.
^^ BTW you also have bumped into old thread.
Yes I didn't want to create a new thread hence bumped into this.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Bro though it looks sleek I think I need to have my PC on all the time to watch TV which maybe additional Power usage. Would prefer not having to switch on the PC and watch TV.

If u want to watch without switching on the PC then get this@1.5K
Buy AVerMedia | AVerTV Box Genie l Built-in Speaker

ajayritik

Technomancer
How about Pinnacle?

I'm sure Intex, Tech-com and Umax are not going to be great picks. What's your opinion on these?

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Pinnacle ones r good but costly too & hard to find quality wise i would prefer Pinnacle,Avermedia or Pixelview all the others u mentioned r same

Top Bottom