TUTORIAL: Make Your Windows XP look-a-like Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shasanka_Gogoi

In the zone
Just installed VISTA DRIVE STATUS, TOPDESK and VISUAL TASK TIPS on my System and added a lot more to my Windows Vista look.

Thanks to all the members who have contributed in this tut. Its by far the best that I came across.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
For it, u'll hv to install "Styler" and then u can use the toolbar theme. I hv mentioned the method in first post, so pls read about it there. :)

::.BLOOD!GOD.::

Broken In
how can i reduce the size. my this(the one attached) box is empty so how can i make chanes to it to make it look better. any theme editor
i am using vistaVG aero 32

*img134.imageshack.us/img134/2553/untitlednq4.png

iceeeeman

Journeyman
dude can u tel how to get some of the missing text entries back in the login screen i.e the one in da tutorial....eg windows is now shutting down:confused:

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
I am using VistaVG aero32, theres a small bug. When the recycle bin is empty its icon shows like there something in it. And when theres something in it, its icon shows its empty...

Third Eye

gooby pls
^Open Display Properties from Desktop then go to Display tab and then click Customize Desktop
Then you will see the options to change recycle bin's icons.

iceeeeman

Journeyman
dude can u tel how to get some of the missing text entries back in the login screen i.e the one in da tutorial....eg windows is now shutting down:confused:

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
iceeeeman said:
Once I faced the same problem that in some 3rd party login screens, the shutting down, etc text is not displayed. I even started a thread about it in another forum and finally I found the solution by my own R&D. :D
So u can check the solution here:

*www.joejoe.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=1074&st=0

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||

Hey Vish Guru......

Gr8 finding.........
i replaced the given godes with ur.............

Code:
<element id=atom(ContentContainerLeftPanel) layout=filllayout() layoutpos=left>
        <element id=atom(ContentContainerLeftPanel2) layout=flowlayout(1,3,2,3) layoutpos=client>
                <element id=atom(leftpanel) sheet=styleref(leftpanelss) layout=filllayout() layoutpos=left>
                    <element id=atom(logoarea) layout=verticalflowlayout(0,3,3,2)>
                        /*Logo*/
                        <element id=atom(help) contentalign=wrapright width=0rp padding=rect(0rp,0rp,0rp,0rp)/>
                    </element>
                    <element id=atom(msgarea) layout=verticalflowlayout(0,0,0,2) >
                        <element layout=filllayout() width=0rp>
                            <element id=atom(welcomeshadow) content=rcstr(7)/>
                            <element id=atom(welcome) content=rcstr(7)/>
                        </element>
                    </element>
                </element>
         </element>
     </element>

Is it ok?

Thanks.........

Ron

BNVSAJ

Right off the assembly line
Nice tutorial.
I need script for your Shutdown dialog box and where should I have to place it...

I have replaced all the bmp files. then it hasn't appeared correctly. I think there is a problem in script. So please post that script.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
::.BLOOD!GOD.:: said:
how can i reduce the size. my this(the one attached) box is empty so how can i make chanes to it to make it look better. any theme editor
i am using vistaVG aero 32

*img134.imageshack.us/img134/2553/untitlednq4.png
For changing its size, u'll hv to play with the BMP image and its dimensions, etc. U can use "Style Builder" (I think thats the correct name) to do this task. But it'll require lots of time and efforts. Just play with the settings and u'll get what u want. ;)

rakeshishere said:
:shock::shock: @Vishal ,2,062 Posts in JoeJoe Forum Too..!:))
Yes buddy. :D
I'm a Manager there, a part of Admin group. ;)

Ron said:

Hey Vish Guru......

Gr8 finding.........
i replaced the given godes with ur.............

Code:
<element id=atom(ContentContainerLeftPanel) layout=filllayout() layoutpos=left>
        <element id=atom(ContentContainerLeftPanel2) layout=flowlayout(1,3,2,3) layoutpos=client>
                <element id=atom(leftpanel) sheet=styleref(leftpanelss) layout=filllayout() layoutpos=left>
                    <element id=atom(logoarea) layout=verticalflowlayout(0,3,3,2)>
                        /*Logo*/
                        <element id=atom(help) contentalign=wrapright width=0rp padding=rect(0rp,0rp,0rp,0rp)/>
                    </element>
                    <element id=atom(msgarea) layout=verticalflowlayout(0,0,0,2) >
                        <element layout=filllayout() width=0rp>
                            <element id=atom(welcomeshadow) content=rcstr(7)/>
                            <element id=atom(welcome) content=rcstr(7)/>
                        </element>
                    </element>
                </element>
         </element>
     </element>
Is it ok?

Thanks.........

Ron
Yeah, its OK. Just follow the instructions given there. :)

BNVSAJ said:
Nice tutorial.
I need script for your Shutdown dialog box and where should I have to place it...

I have replaced all the bmp files. then it hasn't appeared correctly. I think there is a problem in script. So please post that script.
U hv to change just BITMAPs and nothing else. make sure that WFP service is disabled or use "Replacer" to replace the original files with ur edited files.

poorlyduck

Broken In
BNVSAJ said:
Nice tutorial.

firstabe thank you vishal for a great tutorial.
I replaced the BMP files in reshack and saved the shell32.dll and msgina.dll in my desktop, I rebooted my computer in safe mode then I went to windows\system32, I renamed the original files to shell32_old and msgina_old
and I just dragged and dropped the modified shell32.dll and msgina.dll from my desktop to system32, works like a charm.

I made my own shutdown windows to match the theme Im using now, the screenshot is below, if you guys want me to share it I would.
also there is a program called Rocketdock, gives the xp another new look
and also the screenshot is below.

I have one question is there anyway to get the glass effect that works 100% without using windowblinds? I heared that the most small program that can do that are real buggy so I didnt bother to try any, any recommendation wil appreciated.

*img182.imageshack.us/img182/5691/shutdownxphv1.th.png *img102.imageshack.us/img102/5279/desktopcr4.th.png

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
poorlyduck said:
also there is a program called Rocketdock, gives the xp another new look
and also the screenshot is below.
Hi can you tell me from where to get the Rocket Dock? Also are you using Yahoo widgets?

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@poorlyduck
AFAIK, U can't get glass look until u use WindowBlinds. ;)

@REY619
U can get RocketDock from here:

*www.filehippo.com/download_rocketdock/

and those arnt Yahoo! widgets, its Vista Sidebar ported to XP. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom