TUTORIAL: Make Your Windows XP look-a-like Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Mr. Vista, sorry for off-topic, but i need help in custom "Windows Start" sound.

my audio file- 1minute long [.wav format], & i want to listen it fully , but Windows kills the sound after 15-20 seconds:(

[[coz it takes 1+ minute for KIS to load(actually 30secs.) & to get link (internet)]]

poorlyduck

Broken In
@vishal
thank you for the info, I think I just have to deal with it, I tried windowblinds the registered version and didnt work for me, it gives me the windows classic theme when I choose the glass theme, so I had to remove it.
maybe we'll wait till someone come up with something similar and free :)

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
I have started using RocketDock. I have a folder on desktop, when i move(drag and drop) it to Rocket Dock, it work as long as the original folder is on the desktop. As soon as i move or delete it it stop working from the dock. So whats the point in keeping the same folder in two places? Can someone tell me how to make it work from the dock?
Thanx.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
u only are creating a shortcut in rocket dock ... so its not gonna rk once u remove the original file ;) .... place the original somewhr else then make the shortcut ....

poorlyduck

Broken In
here is my first attempt in making vista shut down, use vishal tutorial in how to change the shutdown skin, enjoy!

*rapidshare.com/files/30501587/my_vista_shutdown.zip

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
btw, about that custom "Windows Start" sound-

this is the one :D

Benny_Hill_Chase_Audio
[download - size= 860 KB]

i'm using the audio from other source, but same music:D

watch the same @ youtube
*img.youtube.com/vi/pNUb-m9hwxA/2.jpg
Benny Hill - Show end Clip [1minute 43 seconds long]

anyone pls. help :)

:D

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
okay guys, now i set that^ music for Opera start-up, & this is my new "Windows start" audio.

McLaren F1 Startup & Blip :twisted:

[format= .wav, size=4MB]

sorry mr.vista, i've ended with my off-topics :)

damn XP Home :x

:D

poorlyduck

Broken In
Hi vishal, I have a litle problem, please if you can help me.
I followed your start menu tutorial to disable programs and change favorites path to programs and it went well, but somehow I lost the system tools options in accesssories, it only shows internet explorer inside of system tools folder (no defgramentation, system restore...and system restore)
please how can I recuperate that, thank you.

Edit: sorry I just found the solutions, create shortcuts from the path and move to system tools directory, thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom