TUTORIAL: Make Your Windows XP look-a-like Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
The above forum has been started by "ravi", who is also a member in Digit forum:

ravi's profile at TechieHome forum
ravi's profile at thinkDigit forum

Look at ravi_9793's signature and he has also given his forum link there.
I wonder why he didnt warn the member, who ripped my tut and even didnt give the credit.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Vishal Gupta said:
The above forum has been started by "ravi", who is also a member in Digit forum:

I wonder why he didnt warn the member, who ripped my tut and even didnt give the credit.
ya this is the same site that was supposedly reviewed by bbc .. he started a thread in the chit chat section saying that his site was reviewed by bbc (click) i wonder whether he ripped using another name :rolleyes:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Vishal Gupta said:

ya, i had PM'ed him on this issue when i posted here.

& that guy(ripper) :D has already got a warning from "ravi" & another administrator in this thread Flip 3D Effect in Windows XP, which is ofcourse another rip-off from our forum:D,

original thread @ thinkdigit forum->Flip 3D Effect in Windows XP, posted by max_demon

just compare the two threads, & you wont find a difference, except a "[:D]" at the end of thread in techiehome forum:D

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ U can clearly see that "ravi" is appreciating his work in the thread instead of warning him that he has ripped my tut. Don't say that ravi didnt know about my tut. ;)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Vishal Gupta said:
^^ U can clearly see that "ravi" is appreciating his work in the thread instead of warning him that he has ripped my tut. Don't say that ravi didnt know about my tut. ;)
arre i am sure that the poster is a member of thinkdigit coz as i said ravi promoted his site here ... and the poster mite have decided to use ur tuts to gain some rep there

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
our "ripper dude":D has been warned by "ravi" in the thread *techiehome.org/viewtopic.php?p=1307#1307 (near bottom of the post)

shantanu

Technomancer
its very bad to copy someones work and then not even giving the CREDIT to the person...

but but but... Vishal : did you copyright your tut or product... ????

if not then you cant blame him.... :p

huh!! copyright sucks... naaa...

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Guys I am extremely sorry for the that.Trust me,I was knowing he has simply done plagiarism but I was unware of the main source.You can check there,another admin has warned him there.I am extremely sorry again.And yeah Vishal,I have edited the post there and given credit to you.
And for imformation,we allready have warned that guy in past.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx to ravi for his immediate action.
Regarding to the copyright, I don't think its needed. Anyone can't rip someone's work without taking his permission, otherwise the result? u all hv seen here and I know many other things. ;)
About book, I'll release it soon but not now coz I hv not much time for it. I'll let u know whenever its released. :)

shantanu

Technomancer
Vishal Gupta said:
Regarding to the copyright, I don't think its needed. Anyone can't rip someone's work without taking his permission, otherwise the result? u all hv seen here and I know many other things. ;)

so you mean to say that Copyright is not needed anywhere... in which world are you....

Anyone can rip out your work and spread it by his/her name ,, and your permission is not needed... i dont have a personal benefit in this but, just think , you must have spent hrs. in this tut and then anyone copies it, and distributes it by his own name, i think you will be hurt and surely feel bad... think about it, you dont need to give money or anything for registering a work by your name... you just have to write a application and give the source to copyright department... :D:D

and i never expected this kind of reply from you.. i thought that atleast you have that mind set that you must be knowing about all this.. but then you say without copyright also no one can copy without permssion... you knwo one thing if i rip your thing and register it with my name , then you wont have anyright to distribute it... and it can offend you in court too...

SO dear, i think you can understand that i only want that you dont suffer and people will know you better... its not my personal benefit in writing this long to you... but its just that i appreciate your work... :D:p

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ thnx buddy. By that comment I meant that if someone post my work in a forum w/o giving the proper credit and w/o my permission, then he'll get nothing but a bad reputation and a BAN from the forum, when me or some one else will post the source there. :D

Thats why I posted that I don't think copyright is needed. coz afterall these are just tuts and I post them only for sharing it with u guys, nothing else. ;)

I have installed some of the themes made by Vishal and indeed,they were great.
and yes frnds,i found 2 cool screensavers for XP at some site..having Vista looks and feel.I have posted the link at *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38499&page=8 I hope u'll like it ..
I have not uploaded it on RS..so dnt think that I m asking u to take a look just to gain some points :D:D:D:D

maskorama

MeSSiaH
Vishal Gupta said:
^^ In name u hv to enter the location, e.g., 160, 161, etc not the avi file name. ;)
thanx bro...got it done da nxt day...too bad bout tht plagiarism thng....no right to claim wats nt urs....keep rockin dude...we kno who's da real deal:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom