TUTORIAL: Make Your Windows XP look-a-like Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amlan.blacklord

Right off the assembly line
hello Vishal! I greatly appreciate ur work but i hav a little prob..everythin went well. but i hav probs with the res hacker....as u directed in the forums, i edited those codes accordingly..but wen i save, nothing happens.......wen i open rec hacker again......it gets back to the earlier values...please help!!!:x

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
^^
After editing the file, click on compile script button. Then save the file on any other location (say desktop). Now replace the original file with the modified one, using Replacer. Reboot and you will be able to see the changes...

Hey people please take a look at THIS IMAGE
Can anyone tell me how can i make my taskbar transparent like this on XP pro??
Thanx.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
u can use transperent taskbar or utilites like tweaknow power pack . its a great set of utilties which will also help u do that :)

btw, which theme is that? looks cool!

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@REY619

There r lots of softwares, which can enable transparency in taskbar as well as windows/startmenu, etc. ;)

But in the screenshot, its a WB skin which comes by default in WB 5.5 :D

hackers

Broken In
visal i got a problem in wb5.5
whenever i used a theme my toolbar is not changing i also try the styler it looks like this:
*i12.tinypic.com/5xt2ezc.jpg

pls give me any solution or i need to change any setting

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ Toolbasr will not change by using a theme. U'll hv to use Styler for it.
And regarding to the above screenshot problem, just right-click on the explorer toolbar and deselect all toolbars except "Styler".

Also to hide the menubar, there is an option in Styler settings. Open its setting from system tray icon and this option will be there. ;)

poorlyduck

Broken In
Does the sidebar uses too much of memory? because when I restart my computer it takes the longer to load, also my fan is working constantly lately even the cpu is between 0% and 30%, my memory shows that Im using 62%
TIA.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Guys......

How Can I add Vista icons in WinXp without using any software…….......……… permanently………

Is it possible to add Vista Explorer instead of Xp Explorer in WInXp by default……..I know Styler does the work but I don’t want to use any software…..

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
First Put The Icons Using Stardock Iconpackager Note Apply the icon then install tune up utilitie > styler > icon
save the current icons through it now put the icons using tune up utilities now uninstal both tune up utilities and stardock icon packager

Thanks me :D

Last edited:
OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Ron said:
Guys......

How Can I add Vista icons in WinXp without using any software…….......……… permanently………

Is it possible to add Vista Explorer instead of Xp Explorer in WInXp by default……..I know Styler does the work but I don’t want to use any software…..
1. For changing icons permanently, u can edit the icons in system files. Almost all the icons are stored in "Shell32.dll" file. So just change icons in this file using RH.

2. No, U can't replace XP explorer with Vista one.

Amlan.blacklord

Right off the assembly line
Hi Vishal! New prob...i simply cannot open regedit.exe....y???? i installed a software to make my os geniune....so is that it????

ganesh bhat

Broken In
HI VISHAL. I would like to change the size of "common tasks in folder"(which comes at bottom in your theme). And also i want to delete some options (Publish this folder to the web, share this folder) in that common tasks. Please suggest how to do these changes. I have tried in msstyle,but did't get.THANKS IN ADVANCE

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@Amlan

Pls check following thread:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43523

@Ganesh

The file u hv to edit is "shellstyle.dll". ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom