Tube light on - speakers boom boom

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
I have a small problem. Whenever I put on a tubelight, the starting causes loud thunderclap noises from the speakers (the new ones as well as the old ones). This does not happen with the Hi-Fi in the hall. Also, if a tube is lit two rooms away from the speakers, there is no sound.

I asked an electrician who said that it is some Radio Waves which the starter of the tube causes and told me to take my speakers to the local speaker guy so that they could tweak it to aviod this. Now i dont want my 27k speakers in the hands of a local dude.

So, i'm asking advice. does this ever happen in your case? What do I do?

eureca_eureca

In the zone
goobi ! , appears ur house haunted with poor wiring , i had the similar problem , still having the problem , but checked the speakers with my friend and there it worked fine

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
So I guess its not the "Radio Waves" then. I'll get another electrician dude to see what the problem is...

neomustdie

Broken In
r u mad...handing over 27k speakers to him... u will lose the warranty also...... ha ha....

no probs with ur speaker but it is wth ur electric connection

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
it might be a problem with electric wirings.
but i have heard the similar caes with extarnal modems. If the ext. modem is placed right below the tube light ballast, with only air between them, then whenever the tube is on the data transfer rate decreases considerably.
Try replacing elecronic ballasts by old gen mechanical.
My father told me this when i discussed ur and that TV tuner prob with him. he is B.E. (elecrical) from Indore university. He is also a member here.
amazing thing: The princlple of his college was Mr. C.D. Deshmukh.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Can it be due to extra load on electricity? I had like almost all of mine computer's connection connected to single line using multi socket connector and my tubelight was in the same connection s when i turn on the light it causes my speakers and monitor to blink. This didn't happen at first but started when I added external modem to the same connection.

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
hi goobimama
if its the problem with the tubelight ( which could be due to fuaulty wiring ) u can use regulare choke coil insted of ectronic blast choke coil in the tube light which may solve your problem insted of doing total overhaul of your electrical circuit of your house. alternatively u can try the same circut line which powers your wifi coz' i think it is on saperete line.

ramprasad

In the zone
Definitely prob due EMR from faulty ballasts in tubes or leaky or poorly insulated wires around the place.....

Change the electronic ballast of the tube light and/or rewire the room as the case may be.....

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I think it has something to do with the tubelight and the speakers being on the same swithboard (or whatever you want to call it). I know that because I would get that crackle too when I switched on a tubelight that was sharing connections with the outlet where I had connected my speakers. It is probably due to bad wiring but I can't say for sure. It could also be an EM disturbance. I'll see if I can find out.

PS: My speakers were never damaged because of the crackle.

jaya

Broken In
noise in spekar

hi,

Are you using electronic chock ?

There is a small trick which may sound funny but worked for me
cover the electronic chock using thin metalic sheets

If your problem persist, it is better to replace your electronic chock.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
goobimama try JAYA way.
today i pluged in my headphones in the Samsung Metallica TV front headphoe socket. switched on the tv, Mtv. then i went to the switch board and pressed the switch for ceiling fan. As soon as i pressed it i heard a noise in headphones for 0.5-1 seconly.
Have u experienced it?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Good also be a faulty switch....when you put the tube on..the circuit is via the switch is not on..and is causing internal sparking..in the circuit..which disturbs..the speakers..get the chock checked...and the tube connections (wire)..open the switch wires too...or change the switch.

Dear Mods,
WTF is happening? every other hour fake IDs are used for spamming... :(
(PS. Just upset about this ...not pointing fingers)

@asign
Its an old, old thread buddy
The prob must have been fixed by now:rolleyes:
Hasnt it, goobi? :))

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
LOL its appears like I have bumped the thread as the post which bumped the thread has been deleted :lol:

lockit goobi..

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
darn,I was gonna ask goobi to send me over the 27k speakers to me and I will send him my creative 2.1,they both will sound the same to him anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom