[Complaint] Transcend horrible RMA

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
So after 1 year of use , my transcend storejet 1 TB got damaged . After dozens of phone call to accel frontline and supertron electronic , i found tha accel handles Transcend hard disk RMA while supertron handles transcend pendrives .

Went to nehru place , Delhi , to submit my HDD . The guy told me it will take minumum of 6 months for RMA , since it will go to chennai and then taiwan . Even then there is no guarantee if i will get a new one or not . Even if it is going to Taiwan , 6 month is too much . I am very much disappointed with transcend and will advice everyone never to buy their HDD because of pathetic after sale service .

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
They are true about that part. Unfortunately servie centers cannot do more because for some reason that's how transcend taiwan wants to operate for India. There is not Indian management for Taiwan. Newer buyers should avoid Transcend as of now.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
try contacting them on their FB page.

*www.facebook.com/TranscendIN
*www.facebook.com/TranscendUSA

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
^Already did . But they said they cant do much help . Just gave me a number to check for RMA status . I wished i knew about the after sale service of transcend here . Transcend product particularly HDD should be strongly avoided .

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Any help i can get ? They gave me only one number to check the status of the RMA and the worst thing is they never pick the call , not even once .

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
Transend service was never good to begin with. It have been discussed in various forums before as well.
There service is even worse than Chinese products.
I am amazed as to why you even considered them as a option in the first place?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Try Akosha.com
they charge 300-400 bucks if they win your battle against Transcend
if they cant help/dont win the battle,they DONT charge you any money

its totally worth a try imho

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Try Akosha.com
they charge 300-400 bucks if they win your battle against Transcend
if they cant help/dont win the battle,they DONT charge you any money

its totally worth a try imho

hmm will give it a try . thanks

2kool2btrue

In the zone
I had a 32GB MicroSD card from Transcend. It went bad after a couple of months so I decided to RMA it. Biggest mistake ever made. Kept following up for more than 9 months but never got the card back. Gave up. Never buying a transcend product again :-/

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Transcend is one brand that everybody in their right state of mind should sincerely avoid. Any brand will move or give you a solution when a mail is sent to their HO but only Transcend chooses to be an exception or a moron to be specific. Avoid.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
Avoid transcend for sake of few rupees , don't let loose peace of your mind ... My only purchase was Transcend DDR 1 Ram a Decade ago which is running fine till the date

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
There is still some hope . I contacted the Accel frontline last week ( chennai) and they said i will get it within two weeks . If i receive it by next week then first i will not have any complain .

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Living without a peripheral or something like a HDD beyond 7 to 14 days is plain blasphemy. India is a huge market so they should not show us their Taiwan head office theory,looks stupid and unethical.

tkin

Back to school!!
If they take 6 months to do rma then they should allow us 6 months to make payment also, not emi, but the actual payment.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
what about flooding Transcends FB / twitter page about their pathetic service in here :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's bad. From our end what we can do is spread the word " Say no to Transcend products " among peers.

Top Bottom