[Complaint] Transcend horrible RMA

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
4 month and still they dont give a **** . Yesterday i called the chennai guy and asked him about the status , he told me to hold the line and then after 30 second he disconnected the call . Ofcourse he didn't picked the call later after calling n number of times . I am done with the RMA :/ . NEVER EVER BUY TRANSCEND HDD .

Nerevarine

Incarnate
4 month and still they dont give a **** . Yesterday i called the chennai guy and asked him about the status , he told me to hold the line and then after 30 second he disconnected the call . Ofcourse he didn't picked the call later after calling n number of times . I am done with the RMA :/ . NEVER EVER BUY TRANSCEND HDD .

thats so unprofessional

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi iittopper , I had to RMA my Transcend StoreJet portable hard drive too back in 2012. It took them 9 freaking months to replace it:-x!!!(Itne samay meh baccha paida hota hai :lol: ) The problem lies with transcend and not with Accel frontline I believe. Sent few mails to Transcend too. Thankfully they gave a brand new piece and not a refurbished one.Their products are good its just their A.S.S is very poor. I advise you to mail Transcend frequently and also to keep checking the status of your RMA at the Accel frontline website and hopefully you will get a brand new piece too.

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Hi iittopper , I had to RMA my Transcend StoreJet portable hard drive too back in 2012. It took them 9 freaking months to replace it:-x!!!(Itne samay meh baccha paida hota hai :lol: ) The problem lies with transcend and not with Accel frontline I believe. Sent few mails to Transcend too. Thankfully they gave a brand new piece and not a refurbished one.Their products are good its just their A.S.S is very poor. I advise you to mail Transcend frequently and also to keep checking the status of your RMA at the Accel frontline website and hopefully you will get a brand new piece too.

Cool thanks . I know that they take very long time for RMA . But each time i call them they give the same reason and tells me to call them 10 days later . Also i dont think there is any site to check the rma status of transcend HDD . if i am wrong , please link me .

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Cool thanks . I know that they take very long time for RMA . But each time i call them they give the same reason and tells me to call them 10 days later . Also i dont think there is any site to check the rma status of transcend HDD . if i am wrong , please link me .

I used to check the status here :- Accel Warranty Management System .They used to have Transcend as an option under vendors.Looks like they have removed it.

Last edited:
OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
6 months is still bad as frek
glad you got your HDD atleast, was it the same model ?

yup exact same model .

- - - Updated - - -

6 Months! Appreciate your patience to wait :D

i literally forgot about the HDD :D . Was just getting bored today , and then i remembered about my HDD . Called them expecting to hear the same line "Sir due to delay in the shipment we will get it by next week" , but unexpectedly i was asked to collect it from nehru place .

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great! nice to know. Hopefully you are getting a new piece I guess instead of some refurbished / recertified thing.

Renny

Padawan
Luckily my 32GB transcend pendrive failed within a month, purchased from FK. Asked for a refund. No second thoughts when dealing with Transcend.

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Luckily my 32GB transcend pendrive failed within a month, purchased from FK. Asked for a refund. No second thoughts when dealing with Transcend.

Pendrive case is different , they actually have stocks here , so it wont take much time. But for HDD they import it from taiwan which takes 4-8 month .

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
RMA time PD might have changed now but I read somewhere that PD replacement took 4 months for one guy and another got in just 10 days. As for Ext. HDD one has got his shipped from Taiwan to here in just 2 weeks. So it looks like Transcend is purposefully delaying the RMA in India. Having said that did they give you extended warranty for the time spent for the RMA ?

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
RMA time PD might have changed now but I read somewhere that PD replacement took 4 months for one guy and another got in just 10 days. As for Ext. HDD one has got his shipped from Taiwan to here in just 2 weeks. So it looks like Transcend is purposefully delaying the RMA in India. Having said that did they give you extended warranty for the time spent for the RMA ?

Nopes :(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
But they should have. Anyway, transcend is a racist company after all so there's not much to hope from them. They think we will believe everything they want us to believe. Importing from Taiwan takes 4 - 8 months. What a joke ;)

Top Bottom