TRAI invites Indians to comment on Net Neutrality Till 20th Aug 2015 Only So Hurry

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
It's the only Possible solution to prevent OTT from happening. TRAI ASKED us to mail them.

Though I highly doubt whether they would read these thousands of mails. And will they really decide based on our suggestions?

Isn't it obvious that, people doesn't wants this and chances are 99% of people will email them against it. So what's the point of asking?

Just curious...may be I'm not able to understand their POV.

pratyush997

Inactive
Though I highly doubt whether they would read these thousands of mails. And will they really decide based on our suggestions?

Isn't it obvious that, people doesn't wants this and chances are 99% of people will email them against it. So what's the point of asking?

Just curious...may be I'm not able to understand their POV.
They are just 6-7. ofc, they won't read mails. They should just see who is in favour and who is against (WHO IS AGAINST? ) .

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
It's the only Possible solution to prevent OTT from happening. TRAI ASKED us to mail them.

if they really wanted our opinions, they'd have given a far far far much more time. FCC gave America ~300 days for their opinion. what we got wasnt even a month.

Also TRAI's head/chief or whatever is retiring this month, so if this is implemented, he'll be the scapegoat and the new head/chief/whatever will get away with it while making a lot of money.

pratyush997

Inactive
if they really wanted our opinions, they'd have given a far far far much more time. FCC gave America ~300 days for their opinion. what we got wasnt even a month.

Also TRAI's head/chief or whatever is retiring this month, so if this is implemented, he'll be the scapegoat and the new head/chief/whatever will get away with it while making a lot of money.
I know, TRAI asking for feedback on their proposal is a sham : india

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I sent that email which was linked here (or maybe elsewhere, don't remember) and just some minutes ago I got this,

*i.imgur.com/duBx8YK.jpg

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
I sent that email which was linked here (or maybe elsewhere, don't remember) and just some minutes ago I got this,

*i.imgur.com/duBx8YK.jpg

well either its a glitch or GMail is marking this as a spam message(which was inevitable)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
[MENTION=99398]ithehappy[/MENTION] [MENTION=271931]adityak469[/MENTION] [MENTION=134913]pratyush997[/MENTION]

This is because, the peoples who used savetheinternet.in to send the Mails, along with the official TRAI mail ID, AIB bcc'd them just to confirm, which is a Gmail ID.

Now that peoples are responding, Google is blocking AIB Gmail ID to receive mails at such a high rate. Your mail got successfully delivered to TRAI Mail ID though.

You'll get it, if you read the mail.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
*www.reddit.com/r/india/comments/32j7up/speech_for_net_neutrality/

Here's my thread for a speech I prepared for my school, hope you guys like it! All suggestions are welcome, here or on reddit?

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
Flipkart CEO logs in for net neutrality

Flipkart opts out of Airtel Zero

-commerce website Flipkart announced on Tuesday that it will not take part in the Airtel Zero programme and pledged its support to net neutrality.

"We at Flipkart have always strongly believed in the concept of #NetNeutrality, for we exist because of the Internet," said a tweet from the company's offical Twitter handle.

Over the past few days, there has been a great amount of debate, both internally and externally, on the topic of zero rating, and we have a deeper understanding of the implications, said a press release from the company.

"We will be walking away from the ongoing discussions with Airtel for their platform Airtel Zero," the release said.

Committing itself to the "larger cause of Net Neutrality," the company said it will be working towards ensuring that the spirit of net neutrality is upheld and applied equally to all companies in India irrespective of the size or the service being offered and there is absolutely no discrimination whatsoever.

"We do not support anything that could discriminate one company or service over the other by creating roadblocks that compromise the experience that they promise to offer," Sachin Bansal, CEO of Flipkart said in an interview to nextbigwhat.com.

The CEO had earlier expressed his support to Airtel Zero, an open marketing platform from telecom giant Airtel, that allows customers to access a variety of mobile applications for free, with the data charges being paid by start-ups and large companies.

We are in favour of net neutrality, Flipkart CEO - The Hindu

$hadow

Geek in making
Finally FK pulled back, they realised how much the public is pissed at that. In my college we ordered about 20 products just to cancel them.

Hrishi

Nice. So those who make an alliance with these isps enforcing such plans , let's order in bulk and cancel them stating net neutrality in reason.
Not a bad idea , indeed to piss off them.

P

paroh

All user's of thinkdigit and other forums come together and support Net Neutrality and safe the internet

Top Bottom