Topper's Brain is xtraordinary ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
LOL! I used to be a topper in school. Back then, studies used to be everything for me. But ever since I got interested in tech stuff, my attention got diverted there and the concentration on studies reduced. Now I just manage to pass. :)

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Well, this is my personal experience that average marks (60-65%) or more than average is OK. We shud work hard, not to *rattafy* ;) but to understand things properly.

From 6th Std I decided to become an Engg. From 4th Std I was very much interested in Maths, but I was very poor in Bio (Even I hated bio a lot coz I hate *rattafication*). After 10th Std I have chosen my Subjects as Math, Physics & Chemistry so finally got rid of Bio. I scored good in 10th & 12th & after 12th I prepared for Engg. & got selected but due to some reasons I got Biotechnology Branch :)( again Bio) in a private college.
But still I was studying Maths & Computers in parallel coz of my interest. I worked hard (just to score in Bio) & I got distinction marks in B.E. (Biotechnology).

Now I m working in a Software Company as a Tech Lead (I have only 1.5 yrs of Experience in Software Ind.) & two NIT passout Engg. who scored much more than me r working under me.

Now what will u say, am I very intelligent??????

I think anyone can be like me or more brilliant than me, it depends on his way of study & thinking.

To remember things u can make thing easier like in maths, just to remember,

SinA = Perpendicular/ Hypotenuse
CosA = Base/ Hypotenuse
TanA = Perpendicular/ Base
CotA = 1/ TanA

I just remembered short form like

PBP/ HHB

& just by inverting it (HHB / PBP) will give u CosecA, SecA & CotA.

So, just make ur own easier way to remember & understand and be a good learner, scorer.

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Well, this is my personal experience that average marks (60-65%) or more than average is OK. We shud work hard, not to *rattafy* ;) but to understand things properly.

From 6th Std I decided to become an Engg. From 4th Std I was very much interested in Maths, but I was very poor in Bio (Even I hated bio a lot coz I hate *rattafication*). After 10th Std I have chosen my Subjects as Math, Physics & Chemistry so finally got rid of Bio. I scored good in 10th & 12th & after 12th I prepared for Engg. & got selected but due to some reasons I got Biotechnology Branch :)( again Bio) in a private college.
But still I was studying Maths & Computers in parallel coz of my interest. I worked hard (just to score in Bio) & I got distinction marks in B.E. (Biotechnology).

Now I m working in a Software Company as a Tech Lead (I have only 1.5 yrs of Experience in Software Ind.) & two NIT passout Engg. who scored much more than me r working under me.

Now what will u say, am I very intelligent??????

I think anyone can be like me or more brilliant than me, it depends on his way of study & thinking.

To remember things u can make thing easier like in maths, just to remember,

SinA = Perpendicular/ Hypotenuse
CosA = Base/ Hypotenuse
TanA = Perpendicular/ Base
CotA = 1/ TanA

I just remembered short form like

PBP/ HHB

& just by inverting it (HHB / PBP) will give u CosecA, SecA & CotA.

So, just make ur own easier way to remember & understand and be a good learner, scorer.

Well i agree by ur post..& i even agree dat hardworking do works 2 get good marks
so, shud i assume dat those who gets very less marks do not work hard or has less understanding :cool:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
KaranTh85 said:
Well i agree by ur post..& i even agree dat hardworking do works 2 get good marks
Cant argue for that... You are rite...
KaranTh85 said:
so, shud i assume dat those who gets very less marks do not work hard or has less understanding :cool:
But sometimes even a hard worker too got low marks...:D

iinfi

mekalodu
folks plz dont worry. its not necessary to get good marks in the examinations to prove you are intelligent.
to prove whether you are intelligent or not you only have to shake a bit and visit a pathologist.
trust me ... if you dont ... jus read THIS THREAD
if u have a good healthy count then you are intelligent :D

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Well. In my opinion there are a lot of factors. Many which we we do not know of.

I used to be and am sharp. Now I aint boasting but I feel that underestimating oneself and saying that I am not good is so passe.

Alright; I used to get good marks(not great) in my primary levels. Sometimes I topped but I was most of the time in the top5 among 50s. In my 7-8 my marks got lesser (was bad in nepali :( ) but still the positon was within top 5. In 10th I crapped up and got 74. I stood @ 15th postion. :( But it didnt mean that I knew any less. Maybe I did not pay attention to fortify whatever I knew; maybe what I read nicely did not come in exams. Maybe I just got unlucky. I dont know. Perhaps I didnt work hard.

I was good in Science; fair enough in Maths; good in English(due to which I did not pay attention and didnt get the best marks :D ).

In my 12th the situation worsened. I got 66% and barely passed maths (39 :D ). But I know more maths than our topper who scored in 80s. How? Strange, isnt it? And I'm serious. ;)
Our topper used to fail maths in 7-8. He used to come in 20s postion. By the time we reached 10 and then 12. He became one of the toppers. He memorised alot and worked hard. I failed to do so. He fortified his stuff. Whereas my castles were made up of sand.

Now I really hate when people say that..; Oh! hes a stupido, he just memorises and understands nothing! Common guys; Isnt working hard and being able to memorise also a commendable task? He deserves to be a topper.

Anyways, Ive given my 2cents.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

folks plz dont worry. its not necessary to get good marks in the examinations to prove you are intelligent.
to prove whether you are intelligent or not you only have to shake a bit and visit a pathologist.
trust me ... if you dont ... jus read THIS THREAD
if u have a good healthy count then you are intelligent :D

^^:lol::lol::lol: lolz

But dats not the ans 4 our doubts...:(

Well. In my opinion there are a lot of factors. Many which we we do not know of.

I used to be and am sharp. Now I aint boasting but I feel that underestimating oneself and saying that I am not good is so passe.

Alright; I used to get good marks(not great) in my primary levels. Sometimes I topped but I was most of the time in the top5 among 50s. In my 7-8 my marks got lesser (was bad in nepali :( ) but still the positon was within top 5. In 10th I crapped up and got 74. I stood @ 15th postion. :( But it didnt mean that I knew any less. Maybe I did not pay attention to fortify whatever I knew; maybe what I read nicely did not come in exams. Maybe I just got unlucky. I dont know. Perhaps I didnt work hard.

I was good in Science; fair enough in Maths; good in English(due to which I did not pay attention and didnt get the best marks :D ).

In my 12th the situation worsened. I got 66% and barely passed maths (39 :D ). But I know more maths than our topper who scored in 80s. How? Strange, isnt it? And I'm serious. ;)
Our topper used to fail maths in 7-8. He used to come in 20s postion. By the time we reached 10 and then 12. He became one of the toppers. He memorised alot and worked hard. I failed to do so. He fortified his stuff. Whereas my castles were made up of sand.

Now I really hate when people say that..; Oh! hes a stupido, he just memorises and understands nothing! Common guys; Isnt working hard and being able to memorise also a commendable task? He deserves to be a topper.

Anyways, Ive given my 2cents.

Hey ironman,where r u from(where do u live...) ??? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Offtopic:

^^ Duh!! :neutral: :p

C.3.2.2, BPKIHS, Ghopa Camp, Dharan, Sunsari, Koshi, EDR, Nepal. ;)

Oh! thanx so u live in Dharan :D

ahem..so back 2 the topic...

Now i conclude dat...
1. Everybody can become a topper by hardwork(But dats not practical,otherwise we wud had 100/100 toppers in a class..remember the opposites)
2. Time can change a topper can become lower(in relation with point1)
3. The Term Talent comes here..talent is the only thing by which we r differentiated
for e.g: an Engineer,Docter,Artist,Sportsperson
4. Well Topper word in Education Environment means the person has got highest marks no matter how (by cheating or hardworking etc).So, this is not permanent..it flautuates.
5.& the power of perception is important 4 a topper....+ a goodluck
6.Even a dull student can become a topper if he follows point 1,even if he doesnt have intelligence....:))
7.No matter wat the above points says..2 b a topper u need a will power...bcoz
they say if there is a will..there is a way. :grin:

Last edited:

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
i scored 87% in ssc and 88% in hsc.but personally i know that to be a topper you should be very selfish(academically) and afraid of exams or tests the hard work just comes from that fear.

now i'm in 2nd yr comp engineering and i score in 60-70% but that's only coz i don't fear exams any more.

but unless you don't care about the subject you'll never be the best in it.eg- i love my programming,networking,database,maths,mechanics hence i feel a compulsion to study them.
ppl who don't love the subject and still score very high in it should never be proud of their marks!

just like technology.why do we feel the compulsion of reading about it?

Pathik

Google Bot
Haha! In school, I used to top. .Don't know how! Never tried to do so.

While in Engg now, I struggle to get through each semester. No idea! And don't care much either.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
the only thing u get from high marks n score is scholarship in case u r economically backward...nothing else.........its the subject thats more important than marks......jus a60-65% is enough...

all i can say be natural n progress toward ur future.......its the experience that shapes ur carrier.......even a electrical/mechanical engineer works in siftware company for sake of salary.....i think one can go high when he does a thing with interest

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I hate Maths still score 80-85/100....... never consider it though coz for me, Maths sux.

But its my most favourate subject since class 10th and still now...:D
I like this subject coz its the only subject where u can score full marks...no deduction @ all...which is usually done in language subjects such as english...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom